PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com - Bills on the top of the list for Tebow

Skooby
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
I take this as more of a compliment for Chan than a reality:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topics

Jeff1220
03-20-2012, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't hate it if it was understood that he is a developmental back-up slash-type, and an heir to nothing without fixing the issues in his game. I do believe Gailey could find some interesting ways to use him in the offense.

Jaybird
03-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Not interested at all... very difficult to judge his value as well... What is he worth?? a 4thr ound pick, 6th??? bag of balls?

Jan Reimers
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't hate it if it was understood that he is a developmental back-up slash-type, and an heir to nothing without fixing the issues in his game. I do believe Gailey could find some interesting ways to use him in the offense.
I totally agree, but only if he comes cheap, as in a mid to low round draft pick. I think Denver may want more than that.

DBrown77
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
No way. I dont want the drama here and i am sure the FO doesnt either.

clumping platelets
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
NO THANKS!!

NOT THE DUDE...
id give up a 5th, maybe i could live with a 4th. but i dont think nix really like tebow. he has issues reading defense...

i think we already have a tebow, brad smith...

doug45
I would really like to see him come here. Just don't understand all the haters on him. He plays great and has faith both seem like pretty good things in a person. What there is to make all the hate on all the posts is not normal.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I would really like to see him come here. Just don't understand all the haters on him. He plays great and has faith both seem like pretty good things in a person. What there is to make all the hate on all the posts is not normal.

dude, he has serious issues reading defenses.

Oaf
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I'd take him.

Oaf
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
The Browns are probably the best spot. A better version of Hillis who can play Q.

doug45
03-20-2012, 08:16 AM

No more than Fitz. He also is just in his second year and will keep getting better. I like Fitz but I think we have seen all that we are going to with him.

justasportsfan
03-20-2012, 08:20 AM
I'd take him if he comes cheap. He's a great teammate to have.

You could argue he'd be a better fit than Brad Smith running the wildcat.

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I'd hate it.

The guy's an athlete but he's not a complete QB, and we'd have to give something up to get what's essentially a gimmick player.

If he comes here, I'll root for him, but I'd rather it didn't happen.

The King
03-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Like everyone already said, he brings too much distraction.

Syderick
03-20-2012, 08:41 AM
For a low draft pick sure. You'd get a "Slash" qb back up to run the wildcat. If they could fix his mechanics he maybe worth more for the team.

zone
03-20-2012, 08:42 AM
No more than Fitz. He also is just in his second year and will keep getting better. I like Fitz but I think we have seen all that we are going to with him.
Really, is this a joke?

mikemac2001
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Id rather have garrard

Get us a true backup not tebow or brad smith

Thigpen sucks

Night Train
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Smith does nothing for me.

Tebow would be very effective in 3rd,4th and short situations and obviously down inside the opponents 10 yard line with his ability to run, break tackles and spread the field. He could even throw it a couple yards down there.

He is NO threat to Fitz or ANYONE as a full time QB but Gailey is indeed the one guy who could use him correctly in the right situations.

Is value has never been lower and I doubt it would take much to get him. Most teams couldn't use him.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
The Browns are probably the best spot. A better version of Hillis who can play Q.

Actually, the Browns might be a spot for him. The jury's out on McCoy- and there's that concussion thing, and the other qb on their roster is Seneca Wallace.

Mindbender
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
I could definitely live with it as long as:

1. It's crystal clear that he's the backup/developmental/wildcat guy. As in press conference after the trade clear. He is purely here to ride the bench and learn. We'll see how he develops or if.

2. We don't give up more than a 3rd.

I totally agree, but only if he comes cheap, as in a mid to low round draft pick. I think Denver may want more than that.

If I were Denver I'd be asking for a 2nd but be willing to settle for a 4th or lower.

Oaf
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Stevie J wouldn't like this, but I do miss that Flutie feeling about the Bills. Can Fitz win superbowl? Can he even get into playoffs?

TacklingDummy
From a marketing standpoint the Bills would sell a lot of jerseys/tickets with Tebow and Williams.

CleveSteve

The notion that the Browns have a bad QB situation does not make them the best spot for Tebow. The Browns have a timing-based, multiple progression passing offense. They were in the bottom third in snaps taken out of the shotgun last year. Their O relies heavily on being able to read the defense. Colt wasn't able to do that last year, and we stunk. Tebow is allegedly even worse at it, and doesn't have great accuracy. Really bad fit IMO.

Extremebillsfan247
03-20-2012, 08:58 AM
I take this as more of a compliment for Chan than a reality:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012?module=HP11_hot_topicsThe Bills already have that player that Rosenthal is referring to in Brad Smith. Why add another? it would make absolutely no sense. Sure, asking for a 5th rounder as LaCanfora thinks is about all Denver would get for Tebow, besides the fact that Nix doesn't like giving up draft picks in trades, this isn't going to happen. I don't see it as even a remote possibility that Tebow gets traded to the Bills. JMO

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
The notion that the Browns have a bad QB situation does not make them the best spot for Tebow. The Browns have a timing-based, multiple progression passing offense. They were in the bottom third in snaps taken out of the shotgun last year. Their O relies heavily on being able to read the defense. Colt wasn't able to do that last year, and we stunk. Tebow is allegedly even worse at it, and doesn't have great accuracy. Really bad fit IMO.

You know more that I, so I retract my statement. Although I can't think of a team that doesn't heavily rely on reading a defense...

ddaryl
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
the circus that follows this guy would kill all the good that is starting to breathe life in this franchise.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
I've had a man crush on Tebow since he was drafted.

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
They would talk about us on ESPN....a lot.

wmoz11
03-20-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd be okay with this for a 5th-7th, but only if he understands that although he may take snaps from the QB position he is not a QB. As a situational gimmick player and a marketing asset, I'd be all for the move.

I disliked this guy in college, but I've been rooting for him in the pros for some reason. Don't think he's even an average QB, but I love his competitive nature and leadership qualities.

codabills
03-20-2012, 09:19 AM
I doubt the Bills want or need Tebow. Has everyone forgot we exposed him last year. Chan and Co. got a first hand look at him then and it wasn't pretty

Meathead
03-20-2012, 09:31 AM
i dont doubt the possibility that chan might like the chance to work tebow into his offensive package but theres two major flaws with this writers wild ass guess. youve already mentioned one, that brad smith is their designated tebow and they paid a pretty dollar to get him. further, this team has been knocking mid to low round picks out of the park and is very unlikely to want to give anything near what the broncos will ask

official odds of happening 3.0035¼%

justasportsfan
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
For a low draft pick sure. You'd get a "Slash" qb back up to run the wildcat. If they could fix his mechanics he maybe worth more for the team.

maybe this guy thinks he can fix Tebows mechanics.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-QB-Coach-David-Lee-1-on-1/42650f77-ee53-4a7b-8e16-e7b22e036129

Skooby
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
They would talk about us on ESPN....a lot.

Between Mario & Tebow, we'd have a complete media circus. I'd bet we'd have several Monday / Sunday night games as well, which we rarely ever do good in.

djjimkelly
03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
no ty for tebow

hes a good story i dont care for his faith aspect either god has nothing to do with football

The Jokeman
03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Do we really want to relive the sequel to this horrible movie?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2001/03/01/sayitaintso_bills/split.jpg

acehole
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
From a marketing standpoint the Bills would sell a lot of jerseys/tickets with Tebow and Williams.

Yes and that is important up here.

#2 I would like to see what Gailey can do with him...all of the above is correct with reading deffenses and accuracy....but he has those intagables that are rare. People said Flutie could not play because of height arm strength ans a host of other reasons...maybe that is why I like him....that is probaly why I like the Bills.....I like the underdog story...and he fits that perfect.

Give up a 4th folks.....he is more ready then any qb you pick there...

Use his as a fullback if you have to...find a way to put him on field.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2001/03/01/sayitaintso_bills/split.jpg
But fits is much better than RJ and Tebow is nowhere as much of a me guy as Flutie.

THRILLHO
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
We can't use Brad Smith in an effective manner.

acehole
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
i dont doubt the possibility that chan might like the chance to work tebow into his offensive package but theres two major flaws with this writers wild ass guess. youve already mentioned one, that brad smith is their designated tebow and they paid a pretty dollar to get him. further, this team has been knocking mid to low round picks out of the park and is very unlikely to want to give anything near what the broncos will ask

official odds of happening 3.0035¼%

Well turn Brad Smith into a wr....We need one and he is good.

Thingpen can just go away.

The Jokeman
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
But fits is much better than RJ and Tebow is nowhere as much of a me guy as Flutie.
Yet when you add a him it quickly becomes all about him. Elway's a smart guy and see's that and knows that how it can ruin a team. That's why he looked to improve the Broncos and add Manning and ready to sack Tebow quicker than a D-lineman did Johnson. I mean think about it, if Tebow is so great and has all this potential to be this perfect QB why would Elway be so quick to move him? The reality is he isn't and the media circus that follows him isn't worth it. I'd hope some of our fans would learn this from the Flutie situation but I guess too many have forgotten.

acehole
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Yet when you add a him it quickly becomes all about him. Elway's a smart guy and see's that and knows that how it can ruin a team. That's why he looked to improve the Broncos and add Manning and ready to sack Tebow quicker than a D-lineman did Johnson. I mean think about it, if Tebow is so great and has all this potential to be this perfect QB why would Elway be so quick to move him? The reality is he isn't and the media circus that follows him isn't worth it. I'd hope some of our fans would learn this from the Flutie situation but I guess too many have forgotten.

One reason is the broncos are ready and tebow isnt.

One man is not > then a whole team.

Oaf
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Right on. I'll admit I don't know much about Cleve.

better days
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM

You probably got that from Merril Hoge. Hoge is a well known Tebow hater. Others would disagree with his assesment of Tebows ability to read a defense including Ron Jaworski. I saw a number of shows last year that praised Tebows ability to read a defense.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM
well, hes better than thigpen imo

doug45
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
no ty for tebow

hes a good story i dont care for his faith aspect either god has nothing to do with football

God has something to do with everything.

kingJofNYC
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
He's making first round money, no thanks, maybe if they cut him we could bring him in as a project, that's all he'll be though, a project.

Bill Cody
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
You guys that think he could come here and be a backup or a wildcat option instead of Smith are delusional.

You don't sign a contract with Barnum and Bailey if you don't want to see the big top. On a good day Fitz is an average to above average NFL QB. But he has a lot of bad days when he isn't. You would have a raging QB controversy fairly quickly if you brought in Tebow from his legion of "disciples". The man is a lightning rod the likes of which I'm not sure I've ever seen before. Having said that despite all his mechanical issues he would not be competing with a young John Unitas here, not at all clear to me Tebow is not a tempting option to Fitz. Very very different players, each has warts. And now that we signed Mario the fan base here will have a much shorter fuse with Fitz, trust me.

No. The team that trades for Tebow needs to want to play him IMO. I'm not sure how he's going to end up as a QB, I see both sides, but I do know this: the genie is out of the bottle as far as him holding a clipboard. It won't work. Elway wasn't sold and he knows even with a top 5 all time QB under center in Manning he can't keep Tebow. It's a distraction no team really wants. I'm sure Manning told Elway "he gets a plane ticket, right?"

ghz in pittsburgh
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
If we have Tebow, I actually trust Gailey will make it work. I don't buy any of the chemistry, team detroying stuff. We had TO for a year on Bills' team with much less leadership, and nothing was really destroyed.

Tebow has value. I'd much rather have Tebow than Thigpen/Brad Smith combo. The team will be better in that regard.

If the Broncos would take Thigpen and Brad Smith for Tebow, I'd do the trade in a heart beat. However, I'm against dropping any significant draft picks for Tebow because i don't see the difference between Tebow vs Thigpen/Brad is worth the potential contribution of the player we can get with the pick. Zack Thomas was a 5th round pick. Even Moats contributed quite a lot in his rookie season. Yes there are a lot of busts, but I have to go into this thing with the mindset that an OLB pick of 5th round or higher can contribute more than the DIFFERENCE of contribution between Tebow vs Thigpen/Brad Smith.

SabreEleven
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM

That was the last time we were in the playoffs.

tatersalad
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
I'd bring him in as TE only for a 7th

better days
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
You guys that think he could come here and be a backup or a wildcat option instead of Smith are delusional.

You don't sign a contract with Barnum and Bailey if you don't want to see the big top. On a good day Fitz is an average to above average NFL QB. But he has a lot of bad days when he isn't. You would have a raging QB controversy fairly quickly if you brought in Tebow from his legion of "disciples". The man is a lightning rod the likes of which I'm not sure I've ever seen before. Having said that despite all his mechanical issues he would not be competing with a young John Unitas here, not at all clear to me Tebow is not a tempting option to Fitz. Very very different players, each has warts. And now that we signed Mario the fan base here will have a much shorter fuse with Fitz, trust me.

No. The team that trades for Tebow needs to want to play him IMO. I'm not sure how he's going to end up as a QB, I see both sides, but I do know this: the genie is out of the bottle as far as him holding a clipboard. It won't work. Elway wasn't sold and he knows even with a top 5 all time QB under center in Manning he can't keep Tebow. It's a distraction no team really wants. I'm sure Manning told Elway "he gets a plane ticket, right?"

If Manning does not win games & a lot of them, Elway will be hearing it from the fans, but the calls for Tebow during a game with Manning at QB like they did when Orton was QB would be downright Embarrassing for Manning & no doubt why he wants Tebow gone.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't assume just because the Broncos don't want him then Tebow is complete garbage. Maybe Denver is in a different place and they're only one player away and dont have the personnel to develop a QB. I know john Fox isn't that guy. Doesnt mean Tebow has no value to another club. If your argument was true than Brees must be trash since San Diego kicked him out the door and even the Dolphins didn't want him.

The Jokeman
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't assume just because the Broncos don't want him then Tebow is complete garbage. Maybe Denver is in a different place and they're only one player away and dont have the personnel to develop a QB. I know john Fox isn't that guy. Doesnt mean Tebow has no value to another club. If your argument was true than Brees must be trash since San Diego kicked him out the door and even the Dolphins didn't want him.
That was because of injury not necessarly ability. As prior to him being dismissed Brees established showed he could be an average to above average QB. Ironically enough beating out Doug Flutie for the job in San Diego. Tebow has yet to do that.

better days
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
That was because of injury not necessarly ability. As prior to him being dismissed Brees established showed he could be an average to above average QB. Ironically enough beating out Doug Flutie for the job in San Diego. Tebow has yet to do that.

What? Tebow beat out Orton & took a 1-4 Broncos team to the playoffs & won the first playoff game against the Steelers. That is the reason Tebow has so many fans in Denver, he WON & made football FUN for them again. Religion has NOTHING to do with Tebows popularity as some people stupidly suggest. And Tebow did that with less than one seasons worth of games starting. How many NFL QBs can say that? Not many.

TigerJ
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I heard an interesting discussion on ESPN radio about Tebow today. Sorry, I can't remember the people involved in that discussion. Essentially, it was suggested that the best landing spot for Tebow would be a team where he could be a specialty player, like a wildcat QB. New England might be an ideal landing spot for him, because his role would be well defined and there would be no pressure to do somthing for which he's not really equipped. He could get in a few plays ever game and help a team win. Unfortunately for Tebow, he will undoubtably try to hook up with a team where he can at least compete for a starting role. That probably dooms him to disappointment in some form or other.

better days
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
I heard an interesting discussion on ESPN radio about Tebow today. Sorry, I can't remember the people involved in that discussion. Essentially, it was suggested that the best landing spot for Tebow would be a team where he could be a specialty player, like a wildcat QB. New England might be an ideal landing spot for him, because his role would be well defined and there would be no pressure to do somthing for which he's not really equipped. He could get in a few plays ever game and help a team win. Unfortunately for Tebow, he will undoubtably try to hook up with a team where he can at least compete for a starting role. That probably dooms him to disappointment in some form or other.

Well, some people may disparage his comp percentage, But I have no doubt in my mind that if Tebow has some weapons around him, He will win games. I think he belongs in Jax, but Miami would do. He would be better as the QB in both of those Cities than anyone either team has at QB now.

Skooby
03-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Well, some people may disparage his comp percentage, But I have no doubt in my mind that if Tebow has some weapons around him, He will win games. I think he belongs in Jax, but Miami would do. He would be better as the QB in both of those Cities than anyone either team has at QB now.

Who trades for a 47% completition QB that can't learn a pro-offense?

thenry20
03-21-2012, 03:13 AM

You have an inferiority complex. It has NOTHING to do with his faith! Personally, I'm glad he wears his heart on his sleeve and praises his God whenever the Spirit moves him.

Have you seen him play a full game? He is so lost out there which is understandable since he's still so new to the pro game. He needs to work on the cerebral aspect of the game during the offseason so he can learn the position of QB properly. If he doesn't possess the mental fortitude for this he won't last very long like so many others before him.

clumping platelets
03-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Ok......I changed my mind..........if Denver's accepts my used TP, then the Bills get Tebow

Skooby
03-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Ok......I changed my mind..........if Denver's accepts my used TP, then the Bills get Tebow

Jax or Jets look to be a likely landing spot now.

Historian
03-21-2012, 06:33 AM
He could bless our Easter baskets...

Skooby
03-21-2012, 06:46 AM
He could bless our Easter baskets...

LOL :)

ZAZusmc03
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Jax or Jets look to be a likely landing spot now.

I can understand why Jax makes sense (to help sell tickets). BUT, after being stationed 30 min from Jax for 4.5 years, I can tell you, this will only affect their ticket sales for half the season, maybe 1 full season. I used to get tickets to all of their home games for $10 a piece on base, and their fans are the worst I've ever seen. 2 years in a row we played in Jax, and 2 years in a row we had at least double the amount of fans / tailgaters as them. It was unbelievable. I went to as many games of theirs as possible, and bought a t-shirt for the away team for the game every time. That area is all about their college football, and regardless of where Tebow is from, and what college he went to, the novelty of him being home will wear off quickly with that fan base.

Extremebillsfan247
03-21-2012, 07:01 AM
:biggrin: Oh man, Jets and Tebow? That has all the makings of a high school chemist experiment gone really wrong. I would LOVE the Jets to get Tebow. :pray:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
03-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Smith does nothing for me.

Tebow would be very effective in 3rd,4th and short situations and obviously down inside the opponents 10 yard line with his ability to run, break tackles and spread the field. He could even throw it a couple yards down there.

He is NO threat to Fitz or ANYONE as a full time QB but Gailey is indeed the one guy who could use him correctly in the right situations.

Is value has never been lower and I doubt it would take much to get him. Most teams couldn't use him.

I would rather see Fitz throwing the ball or Freddy running it down inside the ten, not Tebow.

T-Long
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Tim Tebow or Tyler Thigpen. Yep, that decision is easy.

better days
03-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I can understand why Jax makes sense (to help sell tickets). BUT, after being stationed 30 min from Jax for 4.5 years, I can tell you, this will only affect their ticket sales for half the season, maybe 1 full season. I used to get tickets to all of their home games for $10 a piece on base, and their fans are the worst I've ever seen. 2 years in a row we played in Jax, and 2 years in a row we had at least double the amount of fans / tailgaters as them. It was unbelievable. I went to as many games of theirs as possible, and bought a t-shirt for the away team for the game every time. That area is all about their college football, and regardless of where Tebow is from, and what college he went to, the novelty of him being home will wear off quickly with that fan base.

You may be right about Tebow having an effect for only a limited time on the Jax fans but if that is the case, it will just prove the Jags need to be moved.