PDA

View Full Version : Flyers replace Cechmanek with Hackett

BillsFever
07-02-2003, 11:50 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- Goaltender Jeff Hackett signed a two-year contract with the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.

Hackett replaces Roman Cechmanek, who was traded to Los Angeles in May. Terms of Hackett's contract weren't immediately known.

"Our scouting staff, our coaching staff, our whole organization feels that Jeff Hackett will give us the solid and steady goaltending that we will need to take a run at the Stanley Cup," Flyers general manager Bob Clarke said. "He is also the type of goaltender that will allow us to give Robert Esche enough work to develop into a top goaltender."

Hackett was 15-17-2 with a 2.86 goals-against average and a .911 save percentage in 36 games for the Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins last season.

"I'm very excited to come to a place that has some great tradition," Hackett said. "I'll be joining a lot of former teammates. I played with Mark Recchi, who I've kept in very good touch with over the years. I played a lot of years with Eric Weinrich, Jeremy Roenick and Tony Amonte."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0701/1575433.html

Ð
07-03-2003, 11:43 AM
I thought Hackett died yesterday