PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Ennis and Foligno best since Brierre and Drury?

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Forked from: Ennis and Foligno best since Brierre and Drury? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3617365)

Foligno is looking good.

Ennis is Afinogenov Part II.

I'm thinking Op would think Perreault was overrated.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Lol people took what i said in that thread totally outa context to. All i said was Ennis and Foligno are the best 2 players together for buffalo since drury and Breire. I dont get how theres a huge arguement there.

trapezeus
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
the argument is that briere and drury did it over a number of years and had huge playoff goals for us. ennis i guess is the closest since he scored that game 5 ot goal in a game we were trying to give away.

i'm ok with the team's build, but i dont think they have much fight in them for a 16 win playoff season. not now.

i think ennis and foligno are doing well. and i really hope some players start sticking in terms of consistency. and i hope we have more players who contribute so when a vanek and pominville go scoreless for 5 games, it doesn't feel like the end of the world.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
You should also consider that Briere and Drury didn't play on the same line together, only on power plays.

OpIv37
03-20-2012, 01:40 PM
So, a few weeks ago, if I said Ennis reminds me of Max, a bunch of people agreed with me.

Now, he has 5 good games and helps the Sabres ALMOST- but not quite- squeeze back back into 8th, and suddenly he's being compared Briere, Drury and Perrault?

Please. Some of you have very selective memories.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Nope. Ennis does have a little Afinogenov in him, but I don't think he loses the puck nearly as much. Plus, I don't think Ennis is as fast. Ennis also looks to pass quite a bit more. But he does some times remind me of Max in how he handles the puck sometimes. He is fun to watch.

But Perreault used to play like that as well. Ennis is nowhere close to GP. He should have shot a lot more.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
the argument is that briere and drury did it over a number of years and had huge playoff goals for us. ennis i guess is the closest since he scored that game 5 ot goal in a game we were trying to give away.

i'm ok with the team's build, but i dont think they have much fight in them for a 16 win playoff season. not now.

i think ennis and foligno are doing well. and i really hope some players start sticking in terms of consistency. and i hope we have more players who contribute so when a vanek and pominville go scoreless for 5 games, it doesn't feel like the end of the world.

The thing is both are young, and it seems like they found a good pair. Ik there not drury or breire, but they werent drury or breire till there late 20s.

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:13 PM
So, a few weeks ago, if I said Ennis reminds me of Max, a bunch of people agreed with me.

Now, he has 5 good games and helps the Sabres ALMOST- but not quite- squeeze back back into 8th, and suddenly he's being compared Briere, Drury and Perrault?

Please. Some of you have very selective memories.

Ennis has showed signs for years. And it has to do with the fact that hes taking over games and is single handedly giving us a shot. Do away with his assists and goals and were screwed. No one else is doing squat, cept Pommers is doing alrigh

Cali512
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Max would get the puck and burst down the ice with his head down and over skate the puck, ennis doesnt go as fast, he glides usually and hes looking to make a play. When they collapse he passes it. If they dont he usually shoots it on goal or gets to the net

trapezeus
03-20-2012, 04:04 PM
max put up years of frustrating play. Ennis looked good last year and at the start of this year. then he got injured. so you have to give him time to get back into form, and i think he's slowly getting back.

I don't think he's max. he has that speed and the ability to just go end to end if he wants like max, but he seems to be more team oriented.l