PDA

View Full Version : Draft name no one has talked about

gonzo1105
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Ok, im just throwing this name out there because we have heard many different names especially at DE. We've heard Ingram,Upshaw,Mercilus,Perry, and Coples. All of which have varying problems at the Bills pick. I know the need is not huge now with the Williams signing but Fletcher Cox is an animal who has been talked about going as high as 9 to Carolina. I know some of you will look at it and say but Gonzo he is a DT and we don't need that but hear me out. He is 6'4 298 pounds and has 34 1/2 inch arms and has played defensive end in Mississippi States defense. He also shows great athleticism on tape and ran a 4.79 40 yard dash at the combine. If he pans out like I could,could you imagine two athletic freaks at DE and Williams and Dareus at Dt. Just food for thought as I don't believe the Bills will go there but felt it was worth discussing.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Ok, im just throwing this name out there because we have heard many different names especially at DE. We've heard Ingram,Upshaw,Mercilus,Perry, and Coples. All of which have varying problems at the Bills pick. I know the need is not huge now with the Williams signing but Fletcher Cox is an animal who has been talked about going as high as 9 to Carolina. I know some of you will look at it and say but Gonzo he is a DT and we don't need that but hear me out. He is 6'4 298 pounds and has 34 1/2 inch arms and has played defensive end in Mississippi States defense. He also shows great athleticism on tape and ran a 4.79 40 yard dash at the combine. If he pans out like I could,could you imagine two athletic freaks at DE and Williams and Dareus at Dt. Just food for thought as I don't believe the Bills will go there but felt it was worth discussing.

Thanks for the info - always nice to hear about players we've not been discussing.

gonzo1105
03-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info - always nice to hear about players we've not been discussing.

Im going to assume your being sarcastic. I don't overly think its a huge reach to discuss. He could be BPA, you know Buddy likes SEC defensive players and he has played DE before, an area where we could still go in round 1.

DraftBoy
03-20-2012, 11:56 AM
He rarely played DE at Miss State. He's a beast and ideal 43 DT but I just dont think its a big need unless the Bills are concerned about KW long term.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Im going to assume your being sarcastic. I don't overly think its a huge reach to discuss. He could be BPA, you know Buddy likes SEC defensive players and he has played DE before, an area where we could still go in round 1.

Your assumption is wrong. What in the world made you think that? I was just thanking the poster for alerting us to someone that most of us hadn't given much thought to.

gonzo1105
03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Your assumption is wrong. What in the world made you think that? I was just thanking the poster for alerting us to someone that most of us hadn't given much thought to.

Well I apologize then. Probably the nature of most message boards made me think that.

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Well I apologize then. Probably the nature of most message boards made me think that.

Understood! :biggrin:

MidnightVoice
03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Understood! :biggrin:

OK, this has gotta stop. We cannot have people being considerate and thoughtful - its just not done. :D

CleveSteve
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
but Gonzo he is a DT

Mindbender
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I just don't know anything about him. Sacks? Fit for a 4-3 DE?

gonzo1105
03-20-2012, 01:45 PM
QUOTE=Mindbender]I just don't know anything about him. Sacks? Fit for a 4-3 DE?[/QUOTE]

He's played 4-3 DT but outside of his weight,298 , he has all the acceleration and speed numbers to play DE. He had 5.0 sacks last year at DT on a not so great Miss. St team. Like I said he has played some DE at Miss St but not extensively. A bit of work could be needed but the payoff could be great.

custcarcen
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Cox is currently rated #7 OVERALL by Pro Football Weekly and they list him as a DT/DE. I noticed that just this morning and thought that he might be a good get at 10. No one is really talking about him.

MidnightVoice
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Scouts inc has him rated at #19, DT, 6'4" 298 lb, 34.4" Arm Length
10.3"
TACKLES - 49, FUMBLES FORCED - 1

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Scouts inc has him rated at #19, DT, 6'4" 298 lb, 34.4" Arm Length
10.3"
TACKLES - 49, FUMBLES FORCED - 1

10.3" what???

Cali512
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
10.3" what???

penis

gonzo1105
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
10.3" what???

I think its his hand size but his broad jump was also quite impressive. The thing I have noticed about him though is he does need to do a better job using his hands when he gets locked up with an o-lineman

MidnightVoice
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
10.3" what???

Go see the link :D

Yes, it is hand size. I must have cut and pasted poorly, I do apologize :D

stuckincincy
03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Go see the link :D

Yes, it is hand size. I must have cut and pasted poorly, I do apologize :D

Heh - the enigmatic CIN wr Simpson has something like 11" mitts.

I've heard here and there through the years that Wilt Chamberlain's were well over 13 inches - and I believe it. IMO, he was the greatest athlete ever.

CleveSteve
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Cox is currently rated #7 OVERALL by Pro Football Weekly and they list him as a DT/DE. I noticed that just this morning and thought that he might be a good get at 10. No one is really talking about him.

At 6'4" 300# with 34" arms, he's pretty much the prototype for a 3-4 DE.

TigerJ
03-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I honestly think that the DE who forms the other bookend across from Mario Williams has to be a smaller, lighter, quicker defensive end. If you didn't have Mario Williams at LDE, maybe you could think about drafting Cox and playing him there, but he's never going to give you what you want as a RDE. His 4.79 40 time is phenomenal, but I think you need quickness and change of direction at RDE, and you're just not going to get that with a guy who pushes 300 lbs.

It makes sense for the Bills to go after Mark Anderson as they seem to be doing. If they don't land him, I think drafting someone like Andre Branch or Vinny Curry in the second round, or someone similar a little later might be the way they go.