PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Byrd is obviously great, Searcy has potential as does Williams, but outside of those three our secondary seems pretty weak on paper. How do you guys see this being addressed?

better days
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Mario Williams.

DieHrdBillsFan23
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Tracy Porter??

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Mario Williams.
I think that this will help, but I believe we still lack some depth in the secondary and are relying too much on potential.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
You don't like Florence and McLovin? I like Florence a lot. McLovin is hot and cold but we could do worse.

Scumbag College
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Fix the pass rush and the secondary will get much better.

Except for McKelvin.. he's clueless and a liability out there.

Mr. Pink
03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Don't really like our secondary but with strengthening the pass rush, it'll look a lot better than it actually is.

We still could use another playmaker back there.

ZAZusmc03
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Strengthening the pass rush will help a lot, but I still see Kirkpatrick being high on our draft board and a good possibility at 10.

ublinkwescore
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Byrd is obviously great, Searcy has potential as does Williams, but outside of those three our secondary seems pretty weak on paper. How do you guys see this being addressed?

Why does every one keep forgetting about George Wilson? It's sickening.

Goobylal
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I like the Bills' secondary. Byrd, Searcy, Williams, and Rogers are the future. McKelvin, Florence, Wilson and McGee are the present.

Syderick
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Jim leonhard is a free agent

Oaf
03-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Donald Jones, convert.

better days
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
I think that this will help, but I believe we still lack some depth in the secondary and are relying too much on potential.

Help? Mario Williams will do more for the Bills secondary than ANY DB the Bills could have signed in FA or drafted.

It is REALLY hard to complete a pass when you are laying in pain on your back.

I can't wait for the first Pats* game.

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Why does every one keep forgetting about George Wilson? It's sickening.
Huge fan of Wilson's. He creates turnovers, but he also disappears at times. We need more than Wilson. I would hope that he's not one of our top 3 players in the secondary.

ublinkwescore
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Huge fan of Wilson's. He creates turnovers, but he also disappears at times. We need more than Wilson. I would hope that he's not one of our top 3 players in the secondary.

Every safety and corner disappears from time to time.

acehole
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM

3rd:round draft

TigerJ
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I think Wilson, Byrd, and Williams are going to be fine. The Bills resigned McGee, I think, and he'll be fine while he's healthy. Justin Rogers is a bit light to be a fultime CB on the outside. I think he's going to be a terrific nickel back though. Searcy provides excellent depth at safety. The real issue is what the Bills do when McGee gets hurt again. I think Buffalo probably will draft a CB, but either Florence or McKelvin are probably going to have to be retained and will likely end up starting a few games, assuming McGee gets hurt, until a rookie CB gets up to speed. As the second post in the thread implied, Mario Williams is going to help our secondary look better. Maybe McKelvin and/or Florence will look pretty good if they don't have to hold coverage that long.

Of course drafting a CB in the first round would also solve the problem. Dre Kirkpatrick will probably be ready to start day one.

better days
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Donald Jones, convert.

Worked for Wilson. Jones could make a decent DB. Everyone knows a DB is a WR with bad hands.

jimbohastle51
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
William Gay is a guy Whaley helped bring in with the Steelers. He is a young vet that would be reasonably priced. a small free agent signing like this and a 2-4th round draft pick sounds like the route that Nix will get his "2" corners he was talking about.

DANMAN
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Safety's:
Byrd I think could become one of the best safeties in the league, like him a lot hope he is with the team for a long time.
George Wilson is good, in fact I think he's rather underappreciated.
Searcy played alright last year in limited playing time. Buddy seemed pretty high on him in his interviews after the draft. I think they plan on him to be a starter eventually, we'll see. I'm optimistic about his future with the team.
Bryan Scott, I know he is a free agent but he is unsigned and I think he may be re-signed which would be good for depth.
CB's
A. Williams I like, he played pretty well for a rookie and I think he will develop into a quality starter. He will be one of the starting cb's this year IMHO.
McGee is a solid corner, maybe the best we have, when he is healthy. Just wish he was healthy more often. If he is healthy he is likely a starter.
Drayton Florence had a down year last year, the year before he played better. Hopefully he will bounce back this year. He is basically an average cb.
Rogers I think showed some good potential in his rookie year, especially for a late round pick. I think he could develop into a pretty good cb.
Leodis is just too inconsistant. Looks good on one play then looks lost. He has not justified his high draft pick and has this year to demostrate his worth. I think he will make the team but it will be his last as a Bill.

Overall I like our secondary, especially the Nix drafted ones Byrd, Williams, Rogers and Searcy.
An increased pass rush will help out the secondary signifigantly.

As for how I think the secondary will be addressed, they may sign a relatively inexpensive free agent cb for depth and they will draft 2 cb's maybe even 3. Would not be that surprised if they use the #10 pick on a corner.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Its serviceable but there isn't a player out there that I wouldn't say we couldn't upgrade. Pass rush will help a lot.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I think we will be adding another top CB in this draft... Not sure if it would be at #10 but the option could be there for us.

Our pass rush will help tremendously.. How many times last year did a opposing QB have a 5 minutes to stand in the pocket and find the open WR. No CB or scheme in this league can maintain tight coverage for long.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
I think we will be adding another top CB in this draft... Not sure if it would be at #10 but the option could be there for us.

Our pass rush will help tremendously.. How many times last year did a opposing QB have a 5 minutes to stand in the pocket and find the open WR. No CB or scheme in this league can maintain tight coverage for long.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we drafted a CB high.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 11:07 AM
We are already brining in Dre Kirkpatrick for a visit.