PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jets

Slim
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Per Glazer.

The only reason I put it in this forum is due to all the Tebow chatter that has been present the last few days.

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow
https://twitter.com/#!/jayglazer

TacklingDummy
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Put Tebow and Sanchez together and you still don't have a QB.

Philagape
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
:clap:

Mario's new favorite lunch spot in NY

Skooby
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
:clap:

Mario's new favorite lunch spot in NY

Lol.

justasportsfan
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I wonder how Tebow will react everytime Sexy Rexy starts cussing and swearing

YardRat
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Worst landing spot imaginable.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*breathe*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Four a fourth, are you freaking kidding me?!?! HAHAHAHA!

Luisito23
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL...The first bad quarter Sanchez has they're gonna be chanting for Tebow.

Stupid Jets.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Worst landing spot imaginable.

I completely agree, I couldn't think of a worse team for him to go to.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Final details;

NYJ sends 4th and 6th to Denver for Tebow and a 7th

T-Long
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
I wonder how Tebow will react everytime Sexy Rexy starts cussing and swearing
Just said the same thing to a couple of guys here at work....should be interesting. If we do what we did to him at the end of last year, this would actually benefit the Bills

Slim
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
This is a freaking exciting football morning. Holy ****.

mrbojanglezs
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Jets will implode by training camp terrible move. I LOVE IT

Slim
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Do the Jets have to be the center of attention all the time or what?

TacklingDummy
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
The team I can't stand the most, the New Jersey Jets.

Jaybird
03-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Rex will drop one F Bomb and Tebow will cry

Luisito23
03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Just their annual "look at me" signing...

Dumb ass Jets.

alnilla
03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
ahaha Tebow welcome to hell

The Natrix
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
haha nice

elltrain22
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
This is a freaking exciting football morning. Holy ****.

Bout to get even better when we sign Mark Anderson.

justasportsfan
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Just said the same thing to a couple of guys here at work....should be interesting. If we do what we did to him at the end of last year, this would actually benefit the Bills

Tebow will be Tebowing everytime Sexy Rexy says "*** damnit"

ghz in pittsburgh
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Don't laugh - they may use Tebow as a running back. Sanchez handing the ball to Tebow.

Philagape
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Also, the Jets recently signed Drew Stanton. He may still be the No. 2 guy with Tebow strictly a wildcat/gadget/RB/TE

Ickybaluky
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
This is all about Sporano and the Wildcat. The Jets want to run the ball a ton, and this allows them to run it even more.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Tebow is said to want to return to Florida.

I bet Miami ends up with him

LifetimeBillsFan
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
I can't believe that the Jets brought Tebow into a division where he would have to play twice a year against the two teams that showed the NFL how to properly defense the guy: the Bills and the Pats.

The Bills and Pats absolutely embarrassed Tebow last season. This is funny.

Mike Francesa on WFAN and YES in NYC is absolutely KILLING the Jets for making this move!

DBrown77
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Tebow is said to want to return to Florida.

I bet Miami ends up with him

huh?

trapezeus
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
1. if i was the qb coach, i'd demand a raise.
2. at least the jets got a 7th out of the deal.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
huh?

EDIT... I didn't realize this was official... I assumed the Broncos would have taken their time before actually making the trade

Their is rumor that Tebow has mentioned a desire to return to a Florida team.

Miami is starved to gain some fan support after a horrible offseason

1 + 1 = Tebow to Miami... but it's all just a hypothesis

they still have to offer a trade

better days
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
I completely agree, I couldn't think of a worse team for him to go to.

I think the Pats* would be worse, but thats about it.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Their is rumor that Tebow has mentioned a desire to return to a Florida team.

Miami is starved to gain some fan support after a horrible offseason

1 + 1 = Tebow to Miami... but it's all just a hypothesis

they still have to offer a trade

If Miami desires Tebow that much, they would've outbid Jets - I'm pretty sure Elways would take a 3rd.

It shows the market for Tebow is 4th, and the Jets just offerred a little more.

trapezeus
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
also, i love that the jets took their mentally fragile qb in sanchez and just put this hype machine right next to him.

at least when sanchez sucked there was no one for jets fans to clamour to start. now at the first sign of trouble and a WR corp that has at least 1 player who hates sanchez, the tebow chants come out. If it weren't for a totally dysfunctional miami team, the jets could have one of the worst years in the AFC east.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
If Miami desires Tebow that much, they would've outbid Jets - I'm pretty sure Elways would take a 3rd.

It shows the market for Tebow is 4th, and the Jets just offerred a little more.

My bad.. I didn't realize this is official.... I haven't seen one headline that says Tebow is a jet

Oaf
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Final details;

NYJ sends 4th and 6th to Denver for Tebow and a 7th
That was the trade I wanted. :mad: With Thigpen instead of the 6th.

psubills62
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Wow, the Jets must hate Sanchez about as much as I do.

I like DB's reaction...was close to mine as well.

ServoBillieves
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
... AhH HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHA. Oh man... God-boy and pretty-boy on the same team in the most demanding, a-hole city in the world?! Oh... I'm Tivoing every game this year. Might be Oscar worthy.

tampabay25690
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I hate it for TEBOW.
Was hoping the guy would go to JAX if anything.

Dealing with Ryan and Sanchez.......
Sucks.

DrGraves
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
While this is hilarious to watch the jets train wreck.... tebow is an upgrade over sanchez (just a testament to how bad sanchez is)

Mindbender
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow, the Jets? !

Philagape
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
While this is hilarious to watch the jets train wreck.... tebow is an upgrade over sanchez (just a testament to how bad sanchez is)

It is a tradeoff; Tebow didn't turn it over like Sanchez did, but Sanchez can put points on the board. If somehow Tebow has to play QB full-time, he'll get the benefit of a defense carrying him again. But if that happens, it means there's already been an epic disaster. :up:

Akhippo
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
The Jets owner probably decided if nothing else Tebow could make all those sinners see the light.

He will be the team therapist. Thats all I can see out of this move. The Jets need someone to bring mental toughness to Sanches, peace in the locker room, and publicity. This will either work or implode.

Poor Tebow

The Jokeman
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't laugh - they may use Tebow as a running back. Sanchez handing the ball to Tebow.
They actually need more help at WR then RB.

better days
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I hate it for TEBOW.
Was hoping the guy would go to JAX if anything.

Dealing with Ryan and Sanchez.......
Sucks.

Yeah terrible place for tebow to go to.

Well, it is now OFFICIAL the Jags will be MOVING in the near future. If the new owner wanted to put people in the seats he could have easily gotten Tebow & taken those tarps off. Henne couldn't even put people in the seats in Miami, he sure won't in Jax.

The Jokeman
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Well, it is now OFFICIAL the Jags will be MOVING in the near future. If the new owner wanted to put people in the seats he could have easily gotten Tebow & taken those tarps off. Henne couldn't even put people in the seats in Miami, he sure won't in Jax.
Yeah but at least Henne can play QB incase Gabbert doesn't improve this year. Again Tebow hasn't.

The King
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Not so fast!!!!

Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Not so fast!!!!

Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.
Maybe the hangup is Tebow saying hell no I won't go.

better days
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah but at least Henne can play QB incase Gabbert doesn't improve this year. Again Tebow hasn't.

Hasn't what? Played QB? He was the QB the took a 1-4 team to the playoffs. He was the QB that beat the Steelers in the first rnd of the Playoffs in case you were in a coma last year.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM

They aren't moving any time soon.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Hasn't what? Played QB? He was the QB the took a 1-4 team to the playoffs. He was the QB that beat the Steelers in the first rnd of the Playoffs in case you were in a coma last year.

He's also the QB that both we and the Patsies absolutely destroyed and the only qualifiable QB to have a lower completion pct than Gabbert.

Crediting him for the wins is a huge misnomer. Same as blaming him solely for any losses.

Slim
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I hope this doesn't get nullified.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Uhh Ohh....

Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) (2) If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.
Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter)
Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) The same money issues in Tim Tebow's contract caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete trade. Now Jets facing them.

ThunderGun
03-21-2012, 02:29 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/jets-trade-for-tebow-hits-a-snag-could-be-voided-rams-may-get-him/

Jets’ trade for Tebow hits a snag, could be voided, Rams may get him

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT

Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow) may not become a New York Jet after all.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening.

The contractual issue apparently arises from a clause in Tebow’s contract that could require the Jets to pay up to $5 million to the Broncos. The Jets may refuse to do that.

If this turns out to be a serious enough problem that the Tebow-to-Jets deal cannot be completed, then Tebow would go back on the market and the Broncos would try to find a new trading partner.

According to Schefter, the Rams may be that new trading partner, and Tebow could be shipped to St. Louis if the deal with the Jets falls apart. It’s not clear whether Tebow would prefer the Rams or Jets, or if he’ll have any say in the matter at all.

At the moment, the deal is Tebow and the Broncos’ seventh-round pick for the Jets’ fourth- and sixth-round picks. We don’t yet know what the Rams would be willing to give up for Tebow.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Already posted in Tebow to Jets thread. No reason to clutter board more LOL

The Jokeman
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I wasn't in a coma last year. Look at what the Broncos did last year and show me that Tebow was the reason behind their wins. Did he make a few plays that helped them win? Yes but they also did everything they could to avoid him from throwing the ball. Instead they won with a game manager QB that played with a strong defense and strong running game. Seriously did you ever look at box scores from last year or remember watching Tebow against the Bills? Or did you just read the Broncos won and notice Tebow happened to be the QB that week. He was downright painful to watch. For anyone who complains about Fitz's play I hate to tell you but Tebow's QB play was much worse.

The Jokeman
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
He's also the QB that both we and the Patsies absolutely destroyed and the only qualifiable QB to have a lower completion pct than Gabbert.

Crediting him for the wins is a huge misnomer. Same as blaming him solely for any losses.
Deja Flutie.

ThunderGun
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
My bad. Scrolled to the end and didn't see it. Can we delete this thread?

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Jets still alive and working to complete this trade. But there are contractual complications.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Was just messin with ya bro

ServoBillieves
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Is this the *#($ing Maury show? The NFL is officially an offseason circus anymore...

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) Jets-Broncos agreed to Tim Tebow trade before Denver asked NY to pay back portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow. No deal yet.

Buddo
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
This is really quite funny. The Broncos might have to release Tebow to get rid of him. ;)
Is Tebow in a position to be allowed to re-work his rookie contract yet?

Mski
03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
how did the Broncos agree to a contract that basically makes Tebow untradeable? The Jets would basically have to pay Denver for all of Tims salary for last year

Skooby
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
This is really quite funny. The Broncos might have to release Tebow to get rid of him. ;)
Is Tebow in a position to be allowed to re-work his rookie contract yet?

Would you rather have the Jets get to keep their picks or give them away for a QB we smashed to pieces last season?

Ickybaluky
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
how did the Broncos agree to a contract that basically makes Tebow untradeable? The Jets would basically have to pay Denver for all of Tims salary for last year

Actually, it was the Jets fault. The money Denver paid was a salary advance on Tebow's future earnings. By trading for him, the Jets are required to pay Denver back for the 2012 - 2014 years of that advanced money.

The Jets announced they agreed to a deal on the twitter before they realized they would have to re-pay the money. They then nullified the deal, which hadn't yet been filed to the league.

Contractually, the Jets have to pay the Broncos back, it is part of the contract they are inheriting. Otherwise, it would be like trading cap space, and that is not allowed.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Now, Denver is saying Jets agreed to the trade and they shouldn't be able to back out of it. They claim it is the Jets fault for not checking the contract before making deal. League will probably have to decide.

Crisis
03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm not religious, but I find myself praying for Tebow to go to NY.

Philagape
03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
I guess Sanchez is also the guy who reads contracts when the Jets make a trade.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ <s>@</s>michaelombardi (https://twitter.com/#%21/michaelombardi) Denver never asked for the money back, the contract was written that way, and the Jets must not have looked at the fine print of the deal

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.
Expand

3m Jason La Canfora Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

The fact the Jets tweeted out the trade without having fully understood the wording of Tebow's contract, as DEN asserts, not good for JETS

This is hilarious :roflmao:

Slim
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
PLEASE go to the Jets.

Oaf
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm in the minority, but am glad the trade might not happen. Don't want tim in afce.

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm in the minority, but am glad the trade might not happen. Don't want tim in afce.

Im with you. I want him to go to Jax

doug45
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*breathe*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Four a fourth, are you freaking kidding me?!?! HAHAHAHA!

We will see ......

SquishDaFish
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ <s>@</s>michaelombardi (https://twitter.com/#%21/michaelombardi)Edit fake tebow account LOL

Mike13
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Dear NYJ:

Way to out****** Jeff Ireland.

BleedinGreenNC
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Dear NYJ:

Way to out****** Jeff Ireland.

I would say they are even right now.

Mike13
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
I would say they are even right now.

If Sparano is in charge of developing a QB who will start eventually, you guys are ****ed.

Of course you were ****ed before, now the NYJ are just getting ****ed in the ass.