PDA

View Full Version : dockery walker

trapezeus
03-21-2012, 01:07 PM
i forget our moods. when we signed those two, did we collectively think we solved our years long problem with the OL?

I hope this is not some tragic repeat but with the DL.

I'm writing this simply to acknowledge to the universe that i see what they are trying to do to us. Break us in a new way. That way it can't actually happen.

I know you are like, "that makes no sense." But that is what i do.

but seriously, were we this excited that we signed OL help that year?

Mski
03-21-2012, 01:09 PM
i didnt think they were all that big of upgrades personally, but i was probably in the minority... hard to get excited about offensive linemen

Devin
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I was pumped about dockery, could have given a rip about walker.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I think Dockery and Walker we enjoyed because it signaled the 1st time in a long time the Bills organization was taking the OL seriously enough to make big changes.

but neither Walker or Dockery were of the same Pedigree as Mario Williams.

Mark Anderson is just a rock solid pickup that only make sense because we have Mario, Dareus and Kyle.

Pinkerton Security
03-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I was excited about Dockery and thought we overpaid a ton for Walker.

justasportsfan
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think Nix/Whaley are as senile as Marv was.

JJamezz
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Dockery was an upgrade but still just an average player they severely overpaid, and all I remember about signing Walker was how we shouldn't judge how bad he was with the Raiders because their whole line was so awful.. not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Oaf
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I still am confused on why we cut Walker after trading Peters.

DBrown77
03-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Pat Moran had a huge rod when he heard about Dockery

MattyNH
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Anderson could probably fall into that sort of thing but Williams is clearly a superstar. Dockery and Walker were not. Anderson is a role player who according to some NE fans (I live in NE) got a lot of garbage time sacks. He should get a lot of single blocks with the other three on that DL.

Bert102176
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
i forget our moods. when we signed those two, did we collectively think we solved our years long problem with the OL?

I hope this is not some tragic repeat but with the DL.

I'm writing this simply to acknowledge to the universe that i see what they are trying to do to us. Break us in a new way. That way it can't actually happen.

I know you are like, "that makes no sense." But that is what i do.

but seriously, were we this excited that we signed OL help that year?

Most people were very excited about their signings, I prefer getting yout OL through the draft, which we never draft the really high OL guys, we took Mike Williams and I thought he was a reach and wasn't one of the top but it is the Bills

ServoBillieves
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I am in the severe minority of people who thought Walker was a huge signing, but hindsight is 20/20. Dockery seemed OK to me, but as Ddaryl said before.

I think we're a little over-excited with the Anderson signing. He flourished on a good defense, and he is a 3rd down rusher only. Mario and Kelsay (still not sure if Merriman is OLB or DE) will be the 2 downs with Mario/Mark being in on pass situations.

streetkings01
03-21-2012, 03:07 PM
To be fair our oline was pretty good in 2007 after signing those guys. It was the Peters holdout and the Mouse McNally retirement after the 2007 season that killed a promising oline.