X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Offense Neglect

Anyone else concerned we haven't done anything on offense? I think Chan may be overrating his talents a little bit. We're short on the OL, we definitely need a receiver or two, and Tyler Thigpen doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Re: Offense Neglect

Wait for the draft. If we still haven't addressed it then I'd be concerned.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

draft

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

We still need an OT and o-line depth, a WR to emerge, and I would certainly like an upgrade at back-up QB at least. It appears that they are comfortable with who we have on the offensive side of the ball and although I may not agree I hope they end up being right.

IMO they look at the roster from early last season and pretty much believe they can put points on the board with the status quo, and a better defense will only help the other side improve on that.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Plus there might be a late cut that might interest Nix.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Still got time bro Still got time. Defense (rushing the passer) was our MAIN area to address now thats done. Taking care of LT and one more WR is still to come Im sure. Draft solid and we are good

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

They have 9 picks in the draft, and Nix has stated getting more isn't out of the question.

There were only 5 games where they didn't crack 20 points. They averaged over 30 ppg for the first 5 weeks. They finished 14th in ppg, and could have been higher without the injuries.

This team was lucky to score two TDs in a game before last season. The offense has turned around, now the defense needs to do the same, and that is what they're trying to do.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

You simply can't address every need in free agency.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Our offense will be fine and it was last year. We can score enough points to win games. I didn't like the offense talent in FA and it all got overpaid, we stole the best deal in re-signing Stevie.

As was said we have 9 picks in the draft.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• doug45
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                    Anyone else concerned we haven't done anything on offense? I think Chan may be overrating his talents a little bit. We're short on the OL, we definitely need a receiver or two, and Tyler Thigpen doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Thoughts?

I am very worried. I don't think we can count on the draft. Most drafted players can not play the first year up to NFL standards. Also after the past 12 or so drafts we really don't have a very good record of making good ones. We need Ol and a QB and I don't see that happening with these guys.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

im guessing they go with martin if bell is not resigned... i didnt know gailey said he didnt think hairston could be there starting LT... it was on wgr a month ago or so...

hell they still might draft martin even if they do resign bell

dont rule out kirkpatrick

in my mock i have them taking a de in rd 2. im guessing that pick will probably be a wr now... praying stephen hill is still there...

Comment

• thenry20
                        • Jan 2004

1. Johnson re-signed
                        2. Nix has promised Fred will be extended before training camp.
                        3. Bell was tendered a contract which he hasn't signed. Yet.
                        4. Remember they tried to sign Meachum.
                        5. Chandler signed a 2 year contract.

This is hardly nothing. Honestly, do you follow the news at all? I'm sure you may not have heard of them all but to say nothing is being done is ludicrous.

Comment

• JCBills
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by doug45
                          I am very worried. I don't think we can count on the draft. Most drafted players can not play the first year up to NFL standards. Also after the past 12 or so drafts we really don't have a very good record of making good ones. We need Ol and a QB and I don't see that happening with these guys.
                          I think you can count on the draft.

You can't possibly address every need in free agency. At least not to the unrealistic level some seem to expect.

You bring a guy in via FA and it could take him 10 games or a season to adjust to the team. It goes both ways.

This is a completely different FO, and they have been drafting well since coming in.

People need to be realistic and also realize this ain't your old Bills.

Comment

• wmoz11
                            • Sep 2008

Even with the musical chair on the o-line, we were the 4th rated unit in the league according to ProFootball Focus. I expect Hairston to improve and be serviceable even if we don't draft an OT early.

We definitely need a speedy receiver and I expect that to be addressed early in the draft. Beyond that, I like our QB and running backs as much as you can. Wouldn't mind drafting an athletic, project TE.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by thenry20
                              1. Johnson re-signed
                              2. Nix has promised Fred will be extended before training camp.
                              3. Bell was tendered a contract which he hasn't signed. Yet.
                              4. Remember they tried to sign Meachum.
                              5. Chandler signed a 2 year contract.

This is hardly nothing. Honestly, do you follow the news at all? I'm sure you may not have heard of them all but to say nothing is being done is ludicrous.
                              We've maintained the status quo, which was good enough for 6 wins. I'm not saying we won't be better, I'm just saying that it worries me some.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X