PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this more fun?

Mike
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Doesn't if feel good to see the Bills making moves & getting quality players? Isn't this better than getting 2nd or 3rd tier FAs & trying to convince yourselves -against all reason- that these FAs will pan out. I'm liking this a lot more! These are the types of moves this team has to make. I'm appreciating the effort.

X-Era
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Doesn't if feel good to see the Bills making moves & getting quality players? Isn't this better than getting 2nd or 3rd tier FAs & trying to convince yourselves -against all reason- that these FAs will pan out. I'm liking this a lot more! These are the types of moves this team has to make. I'm appreciating the effort.Yes, it sure is. I hope we now stick strictly to the best players stay and take advantage of quality depth on the DL as well as other positions. The IR is out there somewhere waiting for us.

I'd like to keep the solid guys to have an answer to injury.

RoscoeMagic
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I love it. But I have a question: Where was this the last two years? What prompted the change in philosophy?

Skooby
03-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I'd like to see it translate to wins on the field, see the 2011 Eagles as an example.

Cali512
YES! But i now understand the idea for the mid level tiere guys the last 2 years. Nix is right, when u have so many holes like we did, u cant throw ur money at anyone bc first off, you get a good vet the first year, lock em up for 4 years, by the time the 3 year plan is done there gone the next year and second like he said, this year he can focus on what we do need, which is about 3-4 posititions, and get the right pieces accordingly. Previous years we had 7-10 needs, buddy cant throw 7-10 mill a year for one good player when we still had other issues.

Cali512
I love it. But I have a question: Where was this the last two years? What prompted the change in philosophy?

Read my post

better days
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM

Two years ago signing one or two players would not have made a HUGE difference like it will this year. Last year, GOOD FAs were like hens teeth to find.

Michael82
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm loving this offseason! and now the philosophy makes sense....build the team from the bottom up, with the draft. Get that foundation built, draft depth, and then lock the good players up. Then on the 3rd year, it's time to add the FA pieces to get us to the playoffs. Very nice rebuilding by Buddy Nix! :bf1: