• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Sean Payton suspended for season, Moobs suspended indefinitely

The NFL handed down sweeping and unprecedented punishment Wednesday for bounties paid out on big hits, suspending New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton without pay for next season and indefinitely banning the team's former defensive coordinator, Gregg Williams, who now works for the St. Louis Rams.

Payton is the first head coach suspended by the league for any reason. He is accused of trying to cover up a system of extra cash payouts NFL commissioner Roger Goodell called "particularly unusual and egregious" and "totally unacceptable."

Saints coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year, former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely for the bounty program the team ran from 2009-11.

this seems about right for the infractions, maybe a tad excessive but they needed to come down hard

i cant help but feel it just makes the cheaters penalty appear even more lenient. belicheat should have had a similar suspension for the next season, as should the defensive coordinator at the very least. it wasnt a scheme to hurt players, but it was cheating on the highest order imo
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Sean Payton suspended for season, Moobs suspended indefinitely

These bounties are not the least bit new or uncommon. The saints got caught.

a year long suspension is WAY too excessive.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

lol moobs. never gets old.
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Mike13
        • Aug 2005

Now if this was the Patriots....

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Jeremy Shockey was the whistle blower.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike13
            Now if this was the Patriots....
            ... they would be awarded extra picks
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Omg ive seen this thread 3 times and just figured out who moobs is! Im blonde X0
              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think it was on Mike and Mike this morning, they were predicting a season for Greggo (moobs) and three games for Payton. This is huge. It will be interesting to see what New Orleans does. I presume they will bring Payton back after his suspension, so what do they do next season, give one of their coordinators the acting head coach job, elevate a position coach to acting coordinator, and add a position coach?
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                  This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                  • Feb 2009

So is he suspended for the pre-season and training camp also? Is he not allowed near the club during the regular season? How does that work?
                  True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Wow! I figured he would get suspended for 4 games or maybe even 8. A whole season is ridiculous!

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                      These bounties are not the least bit new or uncommon. The saints got caught.

a year long suspension is WAY too excessive.
                      What makes the Saints different is it occured at a time when the league was promoting player safety. Also the Saints not only LIED about it, they continued to do it & continued to lie about it for THREE friggen years after they were first investigated for it.

Gregg Williams deserves a lifetime ban IMO.
                      Last edited by better days; 03-21-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THRILLHO
                        So is he suspended for the pre-season and training camp also? Is he not allowed near the club during the regular season? How does that work?
                        Yeah Payton is suspended effective April 1. Probably gave him a few days to get things in order.

Comment

Working...
                        X