X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Op are you OK?

I have not seen a post from Op. All this good news must have sent him into shock.

I predict a new, more optimistic Op next season.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Op are you OK?

He's down in Sabres and Twilight Zones.

He'll be up here in a jiff.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I've been telling you guys for years. I don't ***** just to *****.

I ***** when the team gives me a valid reason.

I like the Mario Williams signing. I mostly like the Johnson re-signing. I like the Anderson signing, although I am concerned that we have a lot of cap tied up in the DL and that may hurt our chances of upgrading other positions.

But, on the whole, there's been more good than bad for the first time that I can remember.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

That took a lot out of Op. Let's all be nice to him while he recovers.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37

I like the Mario Williams signing. I mostly like the Johnson re-signing. I like the Anderson signing, although I am concerned that we have a lot of cap tied up in the DL and that may hurt our chances of upgrading other positions.

But, on the whole, there's been more good than bad for the first time that I can remember.
          What better position to upgrade than the DL?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
            What better position to upgrade than the DL?
            pass rush was our biggest problem by far last year. Barring injury, it won't be a problem this year. That's the good.

The bad is that we still need help at #2 WR, T/OL depth, and LB, and could use an upgrade at CB.

Still, we addressed the biggest problem, and the DL upgrade should help the CB's and possibly the LB's.

And realistically, there is only so much that can be done in one off-season. So I have to be happy that we addressed the biggest hole on the team, and addressed it with a vengeance.

We aren't SB contenders just yet, but we should at least be in the Wild Card hunt.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

pass rush was our biggest problem by far last year. Barring injury, it won't be a problem this year. That's the good.

The bad is that we still need help at #2 WR, T/OL depth, and LB, and could use an upgrade at CB.

Still, we addressed the biggest problem, and the DL upgrade should help the CB's and possibly the LB's.

And realistically, there is only so much that can be done in one off-season. So I have to be happy that we addressed the biggest hole on the team, and addressed it with a vengeance.

We aren't SB contenders just yet, but we should at least be in the Wild Card hunt.
              And we haven't even hit the draft yet.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe that Dwan Edwards will be gone.........that will free up some cap space. However, that cap space is likely to be used for contract extensions

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  I believe that Dwan Edwards will be gone.........that will free up some cap space. However, that cap space is likely to be used for contract extensions
                  Nothing wrong with that IMO, Pay your own players first. Just as Nix has said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                    And we haven't even hit the draft yet.
                    the draft is what it is.

IMO Nix is 1 for 2 on the draft- 2011 was pretty good, 2010 was pretty bad.

Also, other teams get to draft as well. That's a fact that often gets lost around here.

But, you are right in the sense that it's another opportunity to fill holes.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

the draft is what it is.

IMO Nix is 1 for 2 on the draft- 2011 was pretty good, 2010 was pretty bad.

Also, other teams get to draft as well. That's a fact that often gets lost around here.

But, you are right in the sense that it's another opportunity to fill holes.
                      Nix did not have a chance to revamp the scouting dept before the 2010 draft. Last year was its infancy, this year, it is up & RUNNING.

Comment

• thenry20
                        • Jan 2004

For the most part, I agree with your assessment. However, I believe that Nelson is a great #2 and I think he will surprise this year.

Comment

• methos4ever
                          • Apr 2004

OT, WR and CB are going to be priorities, LB depth too, but not as much as people would like. As you can see, a Wannstedt defense has the resources (draft/recruiting) in the line, and then the rest of the defense can be filled with smart, active guys playing off that line. Now that they've worked on the d this much I figure Chan will get to play with at least 5-6 of this year's picks...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

The point being that your passion for complaint far exceeds your passion for praise.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I am concerned that we have a lot of cap tied up in the DL and that may hurt our chances of upgrading other positions.
                              That was my initial reaction also, until I realized parting ways with Dwan Edwards & Spencer Johnson frees up 8 Mil.

Seems logical and there is still depth at DE ( Carrington ) and plenty of DT's inside.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X