PDA

View Full Version : Shockey being reported as Saints snitch

The King
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Warren Sapp has reported he has a source that told him Jeremy Shockey was the person who reported the Saint situation to the NFL.

Shockey has denied the claims but Sapp is backing his source saying they're very close to the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/warren-sapp-fingers-jeremy-shockey-saints-bounty-snitch-203130611.html

Skooby
03-22-2012, 08:05 AM
What a shock, he behaves like a complete JO.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
What a shock, he behaves like a complete JO.

Sapp's no blushing petunia, either.

Skooby
03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Sapp's no blushing petunia, either.

I totally agree.

PTI
03-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Plays in the same division. Watch Newton win that division, Falcons or Panthers win that division.

ddaryl
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
glad somebody had the balls to blow that whistle.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
I don't know either way, but how would an offensive player know about the defense? I guess they all talk.

Meathead
03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
pretty awful accusation if it isnt true

SaviorEdwards
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Will shockey also drop a dime on all the activities that went on at the University of Miami now? I'd be willing to bet it was far worse. :pimped:

trapezeus
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
shockey's reply to sapp was pretty intense. ripped on sapp for failing drug tests and having 4 kids from 4 mothers. That should be an interesting interview at some point in the future.

and it is a good point that i read about whistleblowers. how can the NFL protect the whistlebloweres when their own employees are publically calling out who snitched? I think sapp is going to get a slap on the wrist.

Stewie
03-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Wait a minute.

The guy who uncovered rampant cheating is a "snitch"?

To me, he's a whistleblower.

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to ruin their career by admitting it. But whoever did it did the right thing. Glorifying crime culture by calling him a snitch is an ignorant thing to do.

IMO!!!1

DraftBoy
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Sapp needs to be susepended by the NFLN immediately for what he pulled yesterday. He is accusing Shockey with no evidence and in to some degree putting the players health in jeopardy.

Getting the label of a snitch in the NFL is almost as bad as getting it in prison.

bf1
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Snitches get stitches.

justasportsfan
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Sapp needs to be susepended by the NFLN immediately for what he pulled yesterday. He is accusing Shockey with no evidence and in to some degree putting the players health in jeopardy.

Getting the label of a snitch in the NFL is almost as bad as getting it in prison.

Pat Moran type of reporting.

trapezeus
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Pat Moran type of reporting.

except its easier to believe that sapp has reliable sources.

justasportsfan
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
except its easier to believe that sapp has reliable sources.

I agree but that was irresponsible reporting by Sapp who is a national media .

methos4ever
03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

All sports really DB. Look at the assistant Bball coach that helped bring down the Baylor murder / coverup in college:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3371852

While Baylor was reeling with the disappearance and death of Patrick Dennehy, Rouse secretly recorded a conversation with head coach, Dave Bliss. The conversation exposed Bliss' plan to paint Dennehy, the murder victim, as a drug dealer in order to cover up Bliss' NCAA-violating payment to Dennehy.

The tape, part of an NCAA investigation, threw acid on an already painful wound, marrying the devastating circumstances of a teammate-on-teammate murder with NCAA sanctions and a heinous act of self-preservation by a coach whose deceit decimated a basketball program and stained a university.

Since then, Baylor has resurrected itself from the ashes, riding the wave of a feel-good story into the NCAA tournament last season. Carlton Dotson, Dennehy's teammate and murderer, is behind bars. Even Bliss is resuscitating his career. He's working with Athletes in Action and may coach the group's traveling team this summer. This year, as a speaker at the coaches' convention, he went back to the Final Four for the first time since 2003.

As the fifth anniversary of Dennehy's disappearance nears next month, the only loose ends belong to Rouse.

Hundreds of coaches milled round San Antonio's Riverwalk in early April wearing logoed golf shirts to proudly announce their school affiliation during the Final Four, which doubles as a convention for the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Rouse, who lives in the same state, wasn't one of them. No one could stop him from coming, but he also knew he was not welcome.

In an occupation in which rule-breakers repeatedly are given second chances -- Todd Bozeman paid $30,000 to a recruit while head coach at Cal and this year coached Morgan State; Indiana hired Kelvin Sampson, Oklahoma baggage notwithstanding; and Sampson's assistant, Rob Senderoff, who took the fall at IU for Sampson, was recently hired at Kent State -- Rouse is a basketball pariah. He said he has been blackballed, labeled a snitch and a turncoat.

BertSquirtgum
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3618900&postcount=5

thenry20
03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know either way, but how would an offensive player know about the defense? I guess they all talk.

My thoughts exactly. Brees has feigned ignorance on this situation. Who do you believe? Somebody is lying here.

Bill Cody
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd be shockeyed if this is true.

Sapp is a sap and should be dismissed based on his woeful job performance alone including his bug eyed sweaty scary demeanor and amazing command of the obvious. Calling out Shockey whether he's right or wrong is shameful and he deserves a pink slip for that too. FIRED.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I'd be shockeyed if this is true.

Sapp is a sap and should be dismissed based on his woeful job performance alone including his bug eyed sweaty scary demeanor and amazing command of the obvious. Calling out Shockey whether he's right or wrong is shameful and he deserves a pink slip for that too. FIRED.

Nicely put.

Jaydog57
03-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Warren is the pot calling the kettle black.

Beebe
03-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Didn't CORY WIRE try to snitch also.

DasBills
03-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Warren Sapp has reported he has a source that told him Jeremy Shockey was the person who reported the Saint situation to the NFL.

Shockey has denied the claims but Sapp is backing his source saying they're very close to the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/warren-sapp-fingers-jeremy-shockey-saints-bounty-snitch-203130611.htmlWouldn't surprise me in the least, I think he was pretty bitter about them not keeping him around, and he's never been known as a guy who can keep his mouth shut.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Didn't CORY WIRE try to snitch also.
The difference is Coy Wire is the only one on the Bills squad who says anything went on in Buffalo. He's vastly outnumbered by everyone else out there who says nothing happened here. If they did do it here, 1) it wasn't a very good job, as the team kept losing, and 2) they're doing a far better job at covering up for it.

YardRat
03-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Congress wants to get involved now, and we should see sooner rather than later if the rumblings about a class action suit from players comes to a head.

DasBills
03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Congress wants to get involved now, and we should see sooner rather than later if the rumblings about a class action suit from players comes to a head.Law suit for what?

CuseJetsFan83
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
now i need the advice from our capologists....

if players are suspended, and say some of them are long term... how does that affect the cap

alnilla
03-23-2012, 07:16 AM
These players and ex players need to get their "jail" mentality out of their head. They are not on the streets they are suppose to be playing a professional game. Sapp is probably mad because Shockey is white and "snitched"

Bill Cody
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
As I said I would be shockeyed if this was true. now we know it's Sapp making **** up. HE SHOULD BE FIRED!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jeremy-Shockey-Sean-Payton-Bountygate-clears-name-text-message-032212

bf1
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
I always hated Warren Sapp.

imbondz
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM
let's take it out of football. if I place a bounty on bf1 to try to break his leg, injure him, send him to the hospital, then it happens, and I get paid. How is that not a federal crime?

Shockey produced an email from Goodell either yesterday or today stating it wasn't him. Bet Shockey sues the NFL Network for slander, plus he's a free agent. If I were Shockey, i'd hire someone to maim Sapp

bf1
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
The mods have had a bounty on me since 2003.

Jaydog57
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
let's take it out of football. if I place a bounty on bf1 to try to break his leg, injure him, send him to the hospital, then it happens, and I get paid. How is that not a federal crime?

Shockey produced an email from Goodell either yesterday or today stating it wasn't him. Bet Shockey sues the NFL Network for slander, plus he's a free agent. If I were Shockey, i'd hire someone to maim SappWhat makes it even more ridiculous to me, is Sapp and Shockey both went to the []_[]. Not sure too much about other schools, but Miami football alumni/ex players are supposed to be like family. That's b.s. calling out somebody from your team and accusing them like that with your so called, 'reliable source.' :peace:

Beebe's Kid
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
What makes it even more ridiculous to me, is Sapp and Shockey both went to the []_[]. Not sure too much about other schools, but Miami football alumni/ex players are supposed to be like family. That's b.s. calling out somebody from your team and accusing them like that with your so called, 'reliable source.' :peace:
It is BS regardless of the source. This is a terrible scandal, and with a NFL employee throwing the whistleblower under the bus, they can forget receiving information in the future.

Maybe that is what they want. They don't want players tarnishing "the brand." I don't want to call it a conspiracy, just yet, but the leagues reaction will be interesting. If they are serious, Sapp should be ****-canned. If they are protecting the brand, he may be suspended. It should be interesting.

If that is too far fetched, just look what MLB did to rebuild their brand after the strike...Sosa/McGwire put the league back on the map, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they might be on steroids. Maybe just a a fan who rembered Sammy with the Chisox.

Jaydog57
03-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Sapp should have had a more reliable source. Payton has already said he knows it wasn't Shockey, according to his twitter posts (God, I hate twitter, I need some privacy), and I hope they find it was somebody else. The whole thing is wrong, you can't deny it. You make millions during the season, is an extra ten grand for possibly ruining a player's career going to come with any other compensation besides guilt?