X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I know the Bills will do well this year, we currently have 31 FA's next year

Can you see much more motivation than this for the players to succeed ?? Take the over on the wins in Vegas.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: I know the Bills will do well this year, we currently have 31 FA's next year

wow, that's kind of scary. but i guess that's all the more reason to draft well. next year a lot of players will be moving on. we need to have their replacements ready to go.

Comment

• Billsouth
      • Jul 2002

Re: I know the Bills will do well this year, we currently have 31 FA's next year

many of them wont even make the team this year. freddie, levitre, byrd, moorman would be the highest priority. jones and nelson should be RFAs so it would be pretty easy to keep them.
      "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• gonzo1105
        • Jul 2002

Have you seen the names of some of these guys? At least 10 of them wont be on the bills roster to begin with next year if not more. The only guys on that list that matter are Byrd levitre, jackson, urbik. All of the other guys will be RFAs. The Fendi Onobuns of the world wont even be here

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

max of 8 guys on that list that would be back

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Yeah, "31" is a bit misleading as probably half or more of those guys won't even make the team. Though I will say that for a 53 man roster, 15 free agents is pretty significant. Some of them can be replaced pretty easily, IMO.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mindbender
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Jaybird
              max of 8 guys on that list that would be back
              That was my count as well 8-10. Depending on performance this year.
              "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

That number of 31 seems to be the norm - I checked NE - they had 33, CIN had 30 or so.

I don't know if such numbers are historical.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

most are no names, a few are going to be extended this year, and others will be gettin long in the tooth.

That list is very UN-concerning IMO

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

well out of all those, the only locks for extensions are jackson, levitre, byrd, and nelson. possibly merriman if he comes through this season but unlikely. the rest are just replaceable parts my friends. spencer johnson is an interesting one because of his age he could be a candidate for a vet min. deal to stay here next year but that is debatable. Fred will not be on this list in a couple months as it has been confirmed that Nix is going to extend him.
                    Last edited by jimbohastle51; 03-22-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• DrGraves
                      • Mar 2008

Did you even look at that list of names before you posted this?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DrGraves
                        Did you even look at that list of names before you posted this?
                        Half the guys are easily replaceable but the facts stand alone.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Half the guys are easily replaceable but the facts stand alone.

Only cheese stands alone.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Expect Byrd, Levitre, and Jackson to all be extended before/during this season. Moorman should be re-signed also. I think Urbik and Nelson will also be re-signed and their deals should be fairly modest. I like Rinehart and McIntyre too and neither should be difficult to keep if they want them.

The only two relevant players that I think it will be interesting to see what happens with are Merriman and McKelvin.

The rest of this list doesn't really matter.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Come on Skooby. I was defending you about that breaking news but this was worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X