PDA

View Full Version : One more please

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm going to be really greedy. After the Mario signing it felt greeeeeeeeat. Anderson is icing on the cake. But can we get one more before the draft? Be it a LT or a corner, even if its bringing back Bell I'll be okay with it. Also we have to extend Freddie. Then we go into the draft and take Floyd in the first roumd. That would be the best offseason ever.

Thanks Buddy.

ThunderGun
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
We're not extending Freddy before the draft. Doing so would make no sense. We need to use our money signing free agents and draft picks, then we'll extend Freddy with what's left.

Buddy has said several times that Freddy will be extended before or around the time camp starts. I don't understand why people feel the need to continually bring it up in March. We certainly don't "have to" extend Freddy....let alone before the draft.

Jaybird
03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I think we should bring in another LB and or Tackle

OpIv37
03-22-2012, 09:35 AM
We're not extending Freddy before the draft. Doing so would make no sense. We need to use our money signing free agents and draft picks, then we'll extend Freddy with what's left.

Buddy has said several times that Freddy will be extended before or around the time camp starts. I don't understand why people feel the need to continually bring it up in March. We certainly don't "have to" extend Freddy....let alone before the draft.

Mild correction: there is a rookie pay scale in the new CBA and teams have to set aside a set pool of money to pay rookies, so the rookie deals are already figured out.

They can make moves without impacting their ability to sign rookies.

That being said, I agree there's no rush on Jackson. He still has another year on his deal and has given no indication that he's going to hold out. Obviously, we don't want him to become a FA and have to compete with other teams, but there's almost a year before we have to worry about that.

OpIv37
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
And as an ND fan, I'm very familiar with Floyd. I originally didn't like the idea of taking him at 10, but I'm coming around a little. He tends to struggle against top corners, but with Stevie across from him, he won't be facing the other team's top corner too often.

10 still seems a little high for him, but it's not as much of a reach as I originally thought.

If Floyd goes to the Bills, though, I'll definitely have to fork over for a jersey. I think the last Bills starter from Notre Dame was Jeff Burris like 15 years ago.

ThunderGun
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Mild correction: there is a rookie pay scale in the new CBA and teams have to set aside a set pool of money to pay rookies, so the rookie deals are already figured out.

They can make moves without impacting their ability to sign rookies.

That being said, I agree there's no rush on Jackson. He still has another year on his deal and has given no indication that he's going to hold out. Obviously, we don't want him to become a FA and have to compete with other teams, but there's almost a year before we have to worry about that.

Right, and if we really can't come to a deal with him by the end of the season, we can franchise him, and he'll be under contract until he's 33. I highly doubt it will come to that, but it gives Freddy an incentive to sign a reasonable offer this summer, because nobody is going to shell out big money to a 33 year old RB. There is no market for 30+ year old RB's. LT can't even get a job right now.

mightysimi
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM
In all fairness, you can't compare Freddie J's production with that of LT last year. One was leading the league the other was barely on the field.

justasportsfan
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm tired of Buddy Nix. HE's a LIAR. He said we'd be done in FA'cy last friday and we brought in Anderson. :liar:

ThunderGun
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
In all fairness, you can't compare Freddie J's production with that of LT last year. One was leading the league the other was barely on the field.
I know. I'm not talking about right now, I'm saying if Freddy plays out his current contract, and then we franchise him. That's 2 years from now. He'll be 33, and who knows what level he'll be playing at (although I'll bet anything that he's not leading the league in rushing)

It's probably irrelevant thought. I'm sure Freddy will get his extension before Camp starts. Hopefully he doesn't make the probowl this year though, because he'll probably start complaining about being underpaid.

methos4ever
03-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Buddy has said numerous times they will give him an offer by Training Camp. I'm one to believe him and just wait.

Forward_Lateral
03-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I'd rather see the Bills sign a LT than draft one, to be honest. I don't think any of the tackles are suitable of the 10th pick. If they do want a tackle in round 1, I hope they move down.

DrGraves
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Sign Bell or another tackle... then trade up and get Justin Blackmon, Floyd is a reach at 10. Get the stud player and let's head to the post-season this year.

FlyingDutchman
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Id like to see us grab Marcus Mcneil

ThunderGun
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Sign Bell or another tackle... then trade up and get Justin Blackmon, Floyd is a reach at 10. Get the stud player and let's head to the post-season this year.

I'd love Blackmon, but I wouldn't trade up for him, and Buddy has already said that he's pretty much against trading up. He wants more picks.

The only player that would have been worth trading up for would be Luck or Griffin, IMO.

Lexwhat
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Unless the Bills are targeting other FAs (which I don't know), I think it's in the Bills best interest to extend Fred Jackson soon.

The only reason I say so is because of Matt Forte, and the possibility of the Bears extending him in the near future... Although Forte is significantly younger, the 2 players had very similar production last year. I wonder if Fred's agent might use Forte's salary numbers as a bargaining chip (assuming the Bears finish Forte's contract).

Fred has waited patiently. He deserves a 3 year extension, so IMO, we should proceed with a dual RB system for the next few years. I'd rather put the game in Fred / CJs hands than Fitzpatrick's.

ThunderGun
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Unless the Bills are targeting other FAs (which I don't know), I think it's in the Bills best interest to extend Fred Jackson soon.

The only reason I say so is because of Matt Forte, and the possibility of the Bears extending him in the near future... Although Forte is significantly younger, the 2 players had very similar production last year. I wonder if Fred's agent might use Forte's salary numbers as a bargaining chip (assuming the Bears finish Forte's contract).
I don't see how you can compare two. Jackson is currently on a 4 year, $7.5 million contract. Forte just finished a 4 year, $3.7 million contract. Forte is 26. Freddie is 31. Forte has been in the league 4 years, and he has 6200 yards and 29 TDs. Freddie has been in the league 5 years, and he has 5300 yards and 20 TDs. They have similar skill-sets for sure, but you can't ignore the fact that one is 5 years younger. And he's been paid half as much.

Fred has waited patiently. He deserves a 3 year extension
Define patiently. He started publicly complaining about his contract less than 2 years after he signed it.

Don't get me wrong, Freddie is very good, and I hope we get his extension done (AFTER the draft, not sooner). Hopefully it's for 3 years, with a big chunk of it due in the 3rd year. I love Freddy, but I have no interest in having a 35 year RB on the roster.

Dozerdog
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
You dont extend Jackson quite yet.

1- He's over 30 - yeah he has low mileage but RB's don't last long past 30. When the extentionkicks in he's over 32

2- You have Spiller. He came on at the end of last year. How will they split the load? Freddie will want Steve Jackson/ Matt Forte kind of money- around $6-8 million. If Both Freddie and Spiller get in the game - is Freddie worth that money with 15 or less average touches a game?

Play it out. See what both guys can do.

YardRat
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd like to see a LT (or C/G) and a CB brought in via FA before the draft.