PDA

View Full Version : Drew Stanton

User Manuel
03-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Wants out on the Jets after they screwed him on the Tebow signing. I want him, he'd be a great #2 and fills me with a lot more confidence than
Thigpen.

Also, i love his competitiveness and the fact he will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder against the Jets.

OpIv37
03-22-2012, 01:35 PM
if they cut him maybe. No trades within the division.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Wants out on the Jets after they screwed him on the Tebow signing. I want him, he'd be a great #2 and fills me with a lot more confidence than
Thigpen.

Also, i love his competitiveness and the fact he will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder against the Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/player/drewstanton/2495748/profile

:help!:

The Jokeman
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Thigpen.

I think your confusing Stanton for Shaun Hill. Stanton's career numbers are worse than Thigpen's.

mikemac2001
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM
i hate thigpen and stanton just hasnt had a fair shot... he was drafted then they got stafford.

i think i would rather have a random then thigpen

Pinkerton Security
03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
I find this whole story hilarious for a couple reasons....Stanton hasnt done crap in this league so what right does he have to want out? And also just LOL at the Jets and the mess they are.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 01:48 PM
i hate thigpen and stanton just hasnt had a fair shot...

Both would have a fair shot at my bar. You too!

PTI
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
i hate thigpen and stanton just hasnt had a fair shot... he was drafted then they got stafford.

i think i would rather have a random then thigpen
I didn't know Thigpen had a fair shot. Describe this fair shot, please. Sounds about exactly the same as the same as Fitz when he came here after starting games in Cincinnati and everyone said Fitz did not get a fair shot. The hatred if Thigpen is stunning to me compared to the blind love for no reason at all that Fitz gets.

I did think Stanton could play though, would take a look at him.

thenry20
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Does he think he's been relegated to 3rd string now? Was it for "snitching" on the lockerroom ambience last year?

mikemac2001
03-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I didn't know Thigpen had a fair shot. Describe this fair shot, please. Sounds about exactly the same as the same as Fitz when he came here after starting games in Cincinnati and everyone said Fitz did not get a fair shot. The hatred if Thigpen is stunning to me compared to the blind love for no reason at all that Fitz gets.

I did think Stanton could play though, would take a look at him.

Thigpen started 12 games and has played in a lot more....and his coach wouldnt even replace an injured fitz. thigpen looks lost fitz never did.

id rather have brad smith as number 2 and dump thigpen

PTI
03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Thigpen started 12 games and has played in a lot more....and his coach wouldnt even replace an injured fitz. thigpen looks lost fitz never did.

id rather have brad smith as number 2 and dump thigpen

Fitz doesn't look lost, that is silly. He may not look lost, but he surely does not look competent, he is not even average, last two years he was 22nd ranked QB and then 23rd ranked QB this year.

PromoTheRobot
03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
How about the Jets #4 QB Greg McElroy?

PTR

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Fitz doesn't look lost, that is silly. He may not look lost, but he surely does not look competent, he is not even average, last two years he was 22nd ranked QB and then 23rd ranked QB this year.

Well - when the team ends up 4 - 12 and 6 - 10 those years, you would hardly expect to see a qb with zowie stats.

PTI
03-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Well - when the team ends up 4 - 12 and 6 - 10 those years, you would hardly expect to see a qb with zowie stats.

I think they are directly related, for the most part you get bad to average QB play you will not even be a .500 team, and that is what we have seen from the Bills for years now.

mikemac2001
03-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Ok i am fine with you pulling up stats at the end of the year but the team was 5-2 before his injuries espically the one to his RIBS

PTI
03-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok i am fine with you pulling up stats at the end of the year but the team was 5-2 before his injuries espically the one to his RIBS

Gotcha, we will only start counting stats when teams are fully healthy, or at least some category of health. I mean, Cowboys would have won the Super Bowl last year, we should really just give it to them.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I think they are directly related, for the most part you get bad to average QB play you will not even be a .500 team, and that is what we have seen from the Bills for years now.

Yep - for years. And years. Why bash Fitz, who at worst provided a bit of excitement?

What do you demand?

Should they have sold most all of their draft to pick Newton, and a sizable chuck of this years'? Lifted their leg on Darius and grab Gabbert? Moved up for Dalton? (and Newton/Dalton stand as one-year wonders until they prove otherwise).

Sell the farm the last several years for the big qb noises out there back then?

It's always a dice roll.

mikemac2001
03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Gotcha, we will only start counting stats when teams are fully healthy, or at least some category of health. I mean, Cowboys would have won the Super Bowl last year, we should really just give it to them.

Ok sounds like a good plan, obviously you must have seen the difference the injuries made, like when your team got healthy there difference started to actually play.

its an excuse but its part of the game but when half your oline goes down you only have 1 wr, and one of the top 5 rushers goes down.

bottom line it was last year and thigpen still sucks

PTI
03-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Yep - for years. And years. Why bash Fitz, who at worst provided a bit of excitement?

What do you demand?

Should they have sold most all of their draft to pick Newton, and a sizable chuck of this years'? Lifted their leg on Darius and grab Gabbert? Moved up for Dalton? (and Newton/Dalton stand as one-year wonders until they prove otherwise).

Sold the farm the last several years for the big qb noises out there back then?

It's always a dice roll.

I think Fitz has already proven he is not an adequate starter in the NFL, I don't care if they play Thigpen, as long as it is not Fitzpatrick. I demand calling a spade a spade, Fitzpatrick has sucked the last 2 years and the Bills have won 10 total games, it is not that hard for me. Everyone in sports says Sanchez sucked last year, and he regressed. Well, him and Fitz were both just 80 in QB rating, 23 and 24 in the NFL. Jets potentially wanted to replace him, and the Bills are content with Fitz? Makes no sense. Matt Moore was decent last year, 88 QB rating, way better than Fitz has ever played, and Miami wanted to replace him, but the Bills are content? Sanchez's team was a complete mess last year, he got no benefit of the doubt, really.

Fitz has proven in every way you can look at it that he is a good NFL starting QB.

Stewie
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
I think Fitz has already proven he is not an adequate starter in the NFL, I don't care if they play Thigpen, as long as it is not Fitzpatrick. I demand calling a spade a spade, Fitzpatrick has sucked the last 2 years and the Bills have won 10 total games, it is not that hard for me. Everyone in sports says Sanchez sucked last year, and he regressed. Well, him and Fitz were both just 80 in QB rating, 23 and 24 in the NFL. Jets potentially wanted to replace him, and the Bills are content with Fitz? Makes no sense. Matt Moore was decent last year, 88 QB rating, way better than Fitz has ever played, and Miami wanted to replace him, but the Bills are content? Sanchez's team was a complete mess last year, he got no benefit of the doubt, really.

Fitz has proven in every way you can look at it that he is a good NFL starting QB.

The Bills have made it clear that when a QB upgrade comes along, they will take the opportunity. We couldn't draft Cam last year. Other than Manning, who has been available that is significantly better than Fitz?

PromoTheRobot
03-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Fitz's 17 starts from the Ravens game in 2010 to the Redskins game last season, a full season worth of games, all in a row, while not injured:

30 tds, 20 ints, 4144 yds, 61.9 comp%

Comparing QB stats in 2011, that makes Fitz 9th in comp%, 9th in total yards, 6th in TDs, 3rd in INTs. Those aren't bad numbers. Nix has said before he will look at QB if one falls to him worth drafting, but expect Fitz to be the man for at least 2 more seasons.

PTR

DraftBoy
I haven't gotten my fair shot at QB either, can I sign for vet minimum and hold the clipboard?

PTI
The Bills have made it clear that when a QB upgrade comes along, they will take the opportunity. We couldn't draft Cam last year. Other than Manning, who has been available that is significantly better than Fitz?

Come on, seriously?!? Dalton should have been taken last year. He has way more long term potential. Heck, I would have taken Ryan Mallet, let him sit and then let him start this year, there have most certainly been people available. It is unknown of their success they might have, but seriously, I would rather have an unknown that the same crap play with no results we have in Fitzpatrick.

Bills could have got Carson Palmer earlier. He will play better this year. Bills could have Kolb, and what is funny about Kolb is his numbers are the same as Fitzpatrick's and even with all that money many people are saying Skelton (who was available) might play over him next year. Kyle Orton is available, and better than Fitzpatrick, has career numbers better than Fitzpatrick and is 35-34 as a starter, DUDE SIGNED TO PLAY 2ND STRING, but somehow Fitz is good enough for the Bills?!?!

Pathetic.

The Jokeman
03-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I haven't gotten my fair shot at QB either, can I sign for vet minimum and hold the clipboard?
What's your forty time? :biggrin:

alohabillsfan
03-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Come on, seriously?!? Dalton should have been taken last year. He has way more long term potential. Heck, I would have taken Ryan Mallet, let him sit and then let him start this year, there have most certainly been people available. It is unknown of their success they might have, but seriously, I would rather have an unknown that the same crap play with no results we have in Fitzpatrick.

Bills could have got Carson Palmer earlier. He will play better this year. Bills could have Kolb, and what is funny about Kolb is his numbers are the same as Fitzpatrick's and even with all that money many people are saying Skelton (who was available) might play over him next year. Kyle Orton is available, and better than Fitzpatrick, has career numbers better than Fitzpatrick and is 35-34 as a starter, DUDE SIGNED TO PLAY 2ND STRING, but somehow Fitz is good enough for the Bills?!?!

Pathetic.

Yep I agree pathetic post!

PTI
03-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Yep I agree pathetic post!

Typical response when there is no real response and an adult uses 'Uh-Uh'.

Bill Cody
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't have an opinion on Drew Stanton other than if he's worse than Thigpen I'd like to see it- in the same way I slow down to see car accidents

Bill Cody
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Typical response when there is no real response and an adult uses 'Uh-Uh'.

He could have gone point by point and refuted all of the crap you posted but why bother?

Luisito23
03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Stanton sucks!

Oaf
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
He was traded to the Colts. How did Jets get a DRAFT PICK out of an FA they signed off the street? Is this Madden or something?

deathadder
03-23-2012, 04:30 PM
He was traded to the Colts. How did Jets get a DRAFT PICK out of an FA they signed off the street? Is this Madden or something?

Its probably for future considerations, based upon playing time and if he makes the team. So if Colts cut him, Jets won't get anything.

Oaf
03-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Geez! Jets add a late 7th rounder from playoff team Broncos and get the first 6th round pick in '12.

djjimkelly
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
if they cut him maybe. No trades within the division.

unless your the pats and you realize trading bledsoe is gonna start a near 20 game winning streak