PDA

View Full Version : We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Stewie
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
My sources tell me we're intent on trading out of our pick for a #1 next year and a high pick this year.

JCBills
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Sources being?

I'd like that, but would rather see them try to stack picks for this draft.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
My sources tell me we're intent on trading out of our pick for a #1 next year and a high pick this year.

Got a buyer in mind?

PTI
03-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I would think maybe Cleveland, the 22nd pick, they could take a WR at 4, Blackman, and get Tanehill at 10.

Bill Cody
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Sources being?

I'd like that

I'd like you to kill that annoying sig please

JCBills
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
I'd like you to kill that annoying sig please

Lol isn't there an option to view sigs?

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM

Sure - but you have to take the good with the bad.

Bill Cody
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Not that I know of. I could put you on ignore but I hate to take such a drastic step, I have no problem with your posting. But if forced...
You could do a poll but unless the other choices were "a good case of the clap", "malaria" or a "torn acl" I'm thinking there's a fair amount of hate out there for that sig and you would not find the results flattering, just in case you care.

Bill Cody
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Sure - but you have to take the good with the bad.

Not me. I try to avoid the bad.

Skooby
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM

It's horrible & a waste of bandwidth, get us more hot women if anything doing that with their head.

BertSquirtgum
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
That would suck

Jaybird
03-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I would take an extra second and a first next year for our first this year

JCBills
03-22-2012, 04:03 PM
It's horrible & a waste of bandwidth, get us more hot women if anything doing that with their head.

Says Alec Baldwin.

dannyek71
03-22-2012, 04:08 PM
I would LOVE that. Keep trading down to get more picks overall, just for next year.

We basically have a #1 draft pick in the form of Super Mario, add that into all of the injured guys we have coming back.

JCBills
03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I would take an extra second and a first next year for our first this year

I don't think that values out. It would have to be a very early 2nd rounder.

Future picks have significantly less value than current. Yeah, its a 1st next year, but this is also the #10 pick.

Buffalogic
03-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Tannehill is gone at 8. our best hope is that richardson slides and cinci gives up their two firsts for him

YardRat
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I think we'll take BPA where we are.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
i have a feeling that nix like mike adams better than others. maybe he thinks he can trade down and get a couple extra picks... idk

JCBills
03-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Tannehill is gone at 8. our best hope is that richardson slides and cinci gives up their two firsts for him

2 1sts seems like overpay.

The earlier one plus their 2nd and maybe a late rounder.

JCBills
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
i have a feeling that nix like mike adams better than others. maybe he thinks he can trade down and get a couple extra picks... idk

Again, is this based on anything? Or just a random feeling?

You were damn certain Upshaw was the pick about a week ago, now you say you think nobody is worth #10 for pass rushers or something along the lines of that.

I find it odd and funny.

Ed
03-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Well wanting to trade down and actually being able to pull it off are two different things. I would definitely be in favor of this, but it will all depend on who's available at #10. There needs to be a highly coveted player like Richardson or a QB for this to be an option.

stuckincincy
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Again, is this based on anything? Or just a random feeling?

You were damn certain Upshaw was the pick about a week ago, now you say you think nobody is worth #10 for pass rushers or something along the lines of that.

I find it odd and funny.

Er - what's funny is holding a guy to a prediction at a draft spot weeks before the dance starts.

:pimped:

JCBills
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Er - what's funny is holding a guy to a prediction at a draft spot weeks before the dance starts.

:pimped:

Lol I'm not holding anyone to anything. He was in an obvious lovefest with Upshaw before he ate it at the combine. So many on here were "sure" he was the pick at #10.

My point is don't try to make backless claims seem factual.

Another guy keeps saying how he's sure that Nix and Gailey love Floyd and that will be the pick.

I don't mind people predicting picks, I do it every year, and usually do very well in the first 5 rounds.

What I don't do is claim my predictions to be factual. Its annoying when people do.

kingJofNYC
03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Nix mentioned wanting to add picks, to paraphrase we have 9 and we'd like to add more. That was 4 weeks ago, during the combine. They've been shopping the pick, or shopping other picks.

Last week Jimbo blurts out dangling the 10th pick.

Would love to add more picks, we all would, but things will probably have to break a certain way. Top 5 picks seem like a lock, it gets messy from 6 to 9. If the right player slips Nix may be in business.

baalworship
03-22-2012, 06:55 PM
The only way this makes sense is if we get a team that has a legitimate shot at the #1 pick next year since we would be trading a sure top ten pick. That narrows the field to a few teams.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-22-2012, 07:19 PM
That's complete BS. Nothing will be close to certainty to about a couple days before the draft. #10 pick is not like top 5 picks where everything is pretty much mapped out, maybe a couple of different combinations. For one thing, there is no concensus top 10 talents.

Beebe
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Let's trade with the TEXANS for there no.1 and 2sec. and 1 next year they need a left tackle.

Night Train
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
When a poster says "my sources" , I'm thinking the guy that scores them weed/crack.

Meathead
03-22-2012, 07:36 PM
yeah that doesnt really make sense. a pick loses a lot of value if its delayed a year so unless its a reeeally bad team youre basically selling your tenth overall for two random second round picks, pretty poor value. theyd need more than that

better days
03-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Not me. I try to avoid the bad.

How do you do that without missing the GOOD..........Hurkeys & BleedinGreens avs?

Cali512
03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Saints have a low pick and are likely to suck next year.. Trade it to them they can get some CB or OT or WR or whatever the f they want

Skooby
03-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Sound like a plan unless of course Blackmon falls to us, then I'd rethink staying there with the card in hand.

OpIv37
03-22-2012, 10:59 PM
I hope this doesn't happen.

I'm so sick of this team prepping for a future that never gets here. Pass rush was our biggest problem last year and it's been addressed in spades. There are no guarantees of winning and the team still has holes, but it's well past time to turn this thing around and create a winning culture.

Use the pick for someone who will help the team ASAP.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2012, 05:15 AM
With no named source, this thread should be in the Twilight Zone.

The fact is, Buddy hardly ever does anything like this. I'll go with his draft history, and say we stay at 10 and take BPA.

stuckincincy
03-23-2012, 08:16 AM

CIN inked NE's Green-Ellis this week.

psubills62
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm always a fan of trading down, and I've been intrigued by the possibility of getting a future 1st rounder.

This is another year where a number of the guys who might help us at #10 will probably be around 10 picks or so later. If they're not thrilled by the selection at #10, I don't see anything wrong with trading down. But Jan is right - that's not really something Nix is known to do.

EDIT: I shouldn't say always. Definitely did not want to trade down last year, especially when Dareus fell to us.

Fixxxer
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Not that I know of. I could put you on ignore but I hate to take such a drastic step, I have no problem with your posting. But if forced...
You could do a poll but unless the other choices were "a good case of the clap", "malaria" or a "torn acl" I'm thinking there's a fair amount of hate out there for that sig and you would not find the results flattering, just in case you care.

User CP - Edit Options - enable show sigs

Stewie
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Sources being?

I'd like that, but would rather see them try to stack picks for this draft.

I cannot reveal my sources

ddaryl
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
If we are trying to stock pile picks for 2013 then IMO it is for one very obvious reason.

the Bills plan on going big time in trying to draft a top QB prospect in 2013.

Mark Barkley or Landry Jones

trapezeus
03-23-2012, 08:48 AM
i am fine with thinking about getting rid of the 10th for more picks on 2 fronts

1. we stay in this year's first round. i'll swap places with a team and take another pick this year or a high pick next year.
2. that the team isn't intent on doing this. see how 1-9 plays out. if there isn't anyone worth that spot, then entertain trading.

in truth, the bills could be very close to being a decent team. pull the trigger now. if this is true and they want more picks, it does raise the question, "how much do they really like Fitzy or how much do they trust him?"

better days
03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
i am fine with thinking about getting rid of the 10th for more picks on 2 fronts

1. we stay in this year's first round. i'll swap places with a team and take another pick this year or a high pick next year.
2. that the team isn't intent on doing this. see how 1-9 plays out. if there isn't anyone worth that spot, then entertain trading.

in truth, the bills could be very close to being a decent team. pull the trigger now. if this is true and they want more picks, it does raise the question, "how much do they really like Fitzy or how much do they trust him?"

Well, Chan & Buddy have both said the Bills could win with Fitz, but they don't see him as the long term QB. It is just a matter of time before they bring in someone to replace him & with the way the Bills are improving the roster, that time could be soon.

PTI
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, Chan & Buddy have both said the Bills could win with Fitz, but they don't see him as the long term QB. It is just a matter of time before they bring in someone to replace him & with the way the Bills are improving the roster, that time could be soon.
They know they can't win with Fitz, that is why they never really say how much they can win with Fitz. They should be fired if they really think they can win with Fitz, there is nothing historically in his play that shows he is a capable NFL starter.

better days
03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
They know they can't win with Fitz, that is why they never really say how much they can win with Fitz. They should be fired if they really think they can win with Fitz, there is nothing historically in his play that shows he is a capable NFL starter.

Historically, Fitz played WELL the first 7 games last year.

Joe Fo Sho
03-23-2012, 09:11 AM

Capable NFL starter???

Please name 32 Current QBs that you would start over Fitzpatrick.

PTI
03-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Historically, Fitz played WELL the first 7 games last year.

Hilarious, last year of 7 games, I am saying for 7 seasons he has been below average as a total.

PTI
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Capable NFL starter???

There are guys that have never started, like Mallet, that I would rather start, Fitz has already proven he is not a winner and finishes below average in QB rating when given a chance to play. You do not need 32 guys more capable. I mean, Luck and Griffin have not played a down and I would rather have them. I would rather have a few college QBs right now than Fitzpatrick. These guys have played better or have more potential than Fitz, or have already proven more:

Brady
Mallet
matt moore
Sanchez
Big Ben
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Hassleback
Locker
Luck
P Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Cassell
E Manning
Vick
Romo
RG III
Rodgers
Flynn
Stafford
Cutler
Ponder
Brees
RYan
Newton
Freeman
Alex Smith
Bradford
Kolb
Jason Campbell

That is 32 right there, and Fitz has not proven to be better than any of them, or have shown more success either, and does not have the upside if the first two do not fit, and there are others who have as good or better chance to do the same as Fitz or better:

Orton
Skelton
Clausen (I would rather play him than Fitz, really, was he really given a chance?)
Tebow
McCoy
Gabbert
Garrard

Fitz has never even been as successful in the NFL as David Garrard. That is a fact.

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Capable NFL starter???

Agreed. I definitely don't believe that Fitz is the long-term answer, but I'd rather roll with him until we get a legitimate shot at a true, franchise QB. I don't want to screw around with other questionable free agents (V. Young, ect), or questionable draft prospects (tannehill, ponder last year).

Realistically, here are the current NFL qb's who are better than Fitz (in no particular order):

ben
brady
brees
cutler (i'll probably take heat for this one, but I think he's better)
manning
manning
newton
rivers
rodgers
romo
schaub
stafford
vick

Those are guys who I would take over Fitz any day of the week.

dalton
flacco
freeman
ryan

Those guys are debatable. I think the jury is still out on Flacco and Ryan. Flacco is physically gifted, but he seems a bit Trentative to me. I think Ryan could develop into a really good QB, but he definitely isn't there yet. Dalton looked really promising last year. I wouldn't say he's proven himself yet, but he may soon. I'm not really sold on Freeman.

So I'd say there are 13 QB's who are definitely better than Fitz. He falls somewhere in the 14-20 range. Similar to Hasselbeck or Alex Smith. He's a good "steward" to the QB position. Keeping the seat warm while we build the team around him, and try to find that franchise QB.

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
There are guys that have never started, like Mallet, that I would rather start, Fitz has already proven he is not a winner and finishes below average in QB rating when given a chance to play. You do not need 32 guys more capable. I mean, Luck and Griffin have not played a down and I would rather have them. I would rather have a few college QBs right now than Fitzpatrick. These guys have played better or have more potential than Fitz, or have already proven more:

Brady
Mallet
matt moore
Sanchez
Big Ben
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Hassleback
Locker
Luck
P Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Cassell
E Manning
Vick
Romo
RG III
Rodgers
Flynn
Stafford
Cutler
Ponder
Brees
RYan
Newton
Freeman
Alex Smith
Bradford
Kolb
Jason Campbell

That is 32 right there, and Fitz has not proven to be better than any of them, or have shown more success either, and does not have the upside if the first two do not fit, and there are others who have as good or better chance to do the same as Fitz or better:

Orton
Skelton
Clausen (I would rather play him than Fitz, really, was he really given a chance?)
Tebow
McCoy
Gabbert
Garrard

Fitz has never even been as successful in the NFL as David Garrard. That is a fact.
C'mon man, this list is comical. What has Mallet done to show that he's a more capable NFL starter than Fitz? Cassel? He's terrible. Palmer? His arm is shot. He can't push the ball downfield, and he won't make it through a full season. Clausen? More like Closman. Ugh...I'm not even gonna continue. I'm pretty sure you just listed every QB you could think of. How about Curtis Painter, Joey Harrington or Dan Orlovski?

PTI
03-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Just because you would rather have Fitz instead does not mean is more capable, has proven more, has more potential, or any of those things.

Ryan Mallet has a better chance to be a playoff QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Better tools, better arm, and Fitzpatrick over his 7 year career has been below average as a whole.

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Just because you would rather have Fitz instead does not mean is more capable, has proven more, has more potential, or any of those things.

Ryan Mallet has a better chance to be a playoff QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Better tools, better arm, and Fitzpatrick over his 7 year career has been below average as a whole.

I'd rather have Fitz BECAUSE he is more capable. Fitz is more capable than Ryan Mallett because Fitz has thrown an NFL pass. Mallett is a raw, project QB.

PTI
03-23-2012, 09:40 AM
C'mon man, this list is comical. Cassel? He's terrible. Palmer? His arm is shot. He can't push the ball downfield, and he won't make it through a full season. Clausen? More like Closman. Ugh...I'm not even gonna continue.

Palmer and Cassel are without a doubt better, Palmer 100000%. You show you don't really pay attention to other games, I mean Palmer had 8.4 yards per attempt, tied for 3rd in the NFL, dude "pushed" the ball regularly downfield, it is what the Raiders do. Cassel?!?! Same exact numbers as Fitz if he played all year last year, how can he be comical and Fitz not comical, you and others are seriously delusional, I mean this guy was a pro bowl player the year before, 93 QB rating, 27 TDs and 7 INTs, Fitz has never sniffed anything close to an 85 rating before, think and analyze and realize before typing jibberish.

I did not add Clausen in the 32, but I would still rather have him. Did he really get a chance? That crap Panthers team was terrible, just look what Matt Moore did last year for the Phins, was way better on a better team, and better than Fitzpatrick too.

trapezeus
03-23-2012, 09:47 AM
i think buddy and chan has this right. fitz is what he is. and he's a game manager with the flair for more at times and flair for less other times. in a build out, i'd rather have a decent team formed with a manager, and then trade, sign or draft a better player when you just have a rock solid team.

bills aren't there yet, but fitz will keep you in it.

So many teams have signed qb's of late, i wonder theoretically, how many teams really will be in the market to draft a QB high next year?

and like i said in the other post, i think fitz is a better option than most of the other players who were out there. peyton is better but still a huge risk. even if he is throwing with velocity, is he stable enough to not go down?

i'd love to see the bills make an offer for Brees since he is unhappy. worst case scenario they say no and brees gouges NO for more money.

PTI
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't think Fitz keeps you in it Trapezeus, he takes you out of it with early bad play and then makes the team have to claw back into it, that is way different, he is just too inconsistent to say he he keeps you in the game, I do not believe that is a true statement.

mysticsoto
03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Palmer and Cassel are without a doubt better, Palmer 100000%. You show you don't really pay attention to other games, I mean Palmer had 8.4 yards per attempt, tied for 3rd in the NFL, dude "pushed" the ball regularly downfield, it is what the Raiders do. Cassel?!?! Same exact numbers as Fitz if he played all year last year, how can he be comical and Fitz not comical, you and others are seriously delusional, I mean this guy was a pro bowl player the year before, 93 QB rating, 27 TDs and 7 INTs, Fitz has never sniffed anything close to an 85 rating before, think and analyze and realize before typing jibberish.

I did not add Clausen in the 32, but I would still rather have him. Did he really get a chance? That crap Panthers team was terrible, just look what Matt Moore did last year for the Phins, was way better on a better team, and better than Fitzpatrick too.

Palmer and Cassel suck!!! Palmer had some good seasons, but he has seriously deteriorated.

I think you need to look at what they've done lately when you compare. I'm not in love with Fitz by any means of the imagination. But early last season he was lighting it up. He went downhill when he got hurt. I'm willing to give him another chance. But I do acknowledge that he is not the future. I'd love to draft a nice QB prospect this yr to develop. Nix has had good drafts mostly and given that we can take BPA, might mean we can grab one later on that is good value and not have any pressure on him.

For now though, I'm looking for the defense to turn it up and keep giving the offense the ball. If Fitz and co. could score 30+ pts last yr...what are they going to do this yr???

PTI
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Palmer and Cassel suck!!! Palmer had some good seasons, but he has seriously deteriorated.

I think you need to look at what they've done lately when you compare. I'm not in love with Fitz by any means of the imagination. But early last season he was lighting it up. He went downhill when he got hurt. I'm willing to give him another chance. But I do acknowledge that he is not the future. I'd love to draft a nice QB prospect this yr to develop. Nix has had good drafts mostly and given that we can take BPA, might mean we can grab one later on that is good value and not have any pressure on him.

For now though, I'm looking for the defense to turn it up and keep giving the offense the ball. If Fitz and co. could score 30+ pts last yr...what are they going to do this yr???

Lately, Palmer and Cassel have been as good or better than Fitz, do you even watch games, do you even compare numbers? Numbers do matter. Fitz led the league in INTs, and put his team in a really bad spot many games for the defense.

Cali512
03-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Brady
Mallet- FITZ
matt moore- FITZ
Sanchez- FITZ
Big Ben
Flacco
Dalton- FITZ
Schaub
Hassleback- FITZ
Locker- FITZ
Luck
P Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Cassell- FITZ
E Manning
Vick- FITZ
Romo
RG III
Rodgers
Flynn- FITZ
Stafford
Cutler
Ponder- FITZ
Brees
RYan
Newton
Freeman-FITZ
Alex Smith- FITZ
Bradford
Kolb- FITZ
Jason Campbell- FITZ

Orton
Skelton
Tebow
McCoy
Gabbert
Garrard

You have to be literally retarted. Did you write this on a short bus on the way to school?

PTI
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
You have to be literally retarted. Did you write this on a short bus on the way to school?

******ed? I can spell ******ed. I gave a justification, reasoning for choosing the guys I did over Fitz. You gave the 'FITZ' as to who you like him better than. I mean, every statistic that can be measured and on field eye test shows Jason Campbell is a better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick, and is more capable. Same with Hasselback and Alex Smith. Just because you want to caress and kiss on Fitz's beard does not make him better than the guys you write Fitz next to.

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Same with Hasselback and Alex Smith. Just because you want to caress and kiss on Fitz's beard does not make him better than the guys you write Fitz next to.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Hasselbeck. He's 36. How is he any kind of solution at this point? And he hasn't really had a good season since 2007, and that was the last time he matched the Completion %, TD's and Yards that Fitz had this year.

k-oneputt
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Would you trade Fitz straight up for Jake Locker right now ?

PTI
03-23-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't know why you keep bringing up Hasselbeck. He's 36. How is he any kind of solution at this point? And he hasn't really had a good season since 2007, and that was the last time he matched the Completion %, TD's and Yards that Fitz had this year.

Manning is 36, there are plenty of 36 year old guys playing well. Hassleback has at least been there. You can't match this past year, and anyway, Hassleback without a doubt played better than Fitz did in 2011-2012 season. You have already said you do not see Fitz as a long term solution, now you are just sounding clueless in defending him against a guy like Hasselback. So what if Hassleback is not a long term solution, he is better than Fitzpatrick is. You really have no idea what you are saying. Hassleback has numbers that are the same or better since 2007 as Fitz does, has a better arm, has playoff experience, and is a much better leader.

PTI
03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Would you trade Fitz straight up for Jake Locker right now ?
No way Titans would do that, but geez, it would crazy not to accept that. Bills would have to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick, maybe more. If you want other guys, I would take Dalton, Mallett, Ponder straight up for Fitz, why not?

k-oneputt
03-23-2012, 11:22 AM
No way Titans would do that, but geez, it would crazy not to accept that. Bills would have to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick, maybe more. If you want other guys, I would take Dalton, Mallett, Ponder straight up for Fitz, why not?

I knew what your reply would be. I'm curious what the others think.

PTI
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I knew what your reply would be. I'm curious what the others think.
Today, and today only, you are granted the ability to formulate an opinion and share it with the group.

So, would you do it? I am curious to see if you think.

trapezeus
03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
I think PTI is the first one on the anti-fitz wagon. i know we all have our doubts in fitz, but PTI has that anti-JP feeling that we had in 2009

typically through the years of sucky bills fandom, we have a cycle for our below average to middling QBs. We have a QB that we have no idea about, but we hear a story and we love him simply for being on the Bills. AKA JP, TRENT, HOLCOMB, etc.

They play well or we believe in the upside so we stand by that player. Then they have a dud game, followed by a few more. the calls grow. the club starts. It's no longer just, "he can't get it done." It becomes, "why is he even here...my grandma plays better...i can't wait til he's gone."

the first real anti-club i saw was the JP one. There was some humanity in our hatred for bledsoe. he was a nice guy who previously was a good qb. we couldn't take that away from him. I was a little late to the anti-JP party because i wanted to believe but that jets game that he lost was the end of the straw. i would rag on the guy every time i could. sometimes just to piss off his supporters. They inevitably fought back.

then the heir takes over. he is fought over by the last holdouts of the previous guy. "they pulled the other guy too fast. this guy sucks." followed by a retalitory, "well at least he's no...." The new guy has a couple good games, we think we are on track, and then he hits the same cycle.

Fitz is the first guy to break this because we don't believe he has much higher upside, but when he performs he hasn't put up the pedestrian numbers of JP and trent. his good games aren't 189 yards, 2 TDs andno interceptions. Fitz has had a couple 300+ yard games. he has the last second drives. It's exciting. He's had his share of 4INT games.

I don't think there is a high percentage that he could win you multiple playoff games. but for where we are right now, i'd take getting to the playoffs. and i think he can get us there next year. I think he does understand the reads very well and i think he can pass that on to someone else with a better arm and quicker delivery.

but i don't see any other options out there. with the top 2 qbs in the draft off the board and no one really being close, it strikes me as a waste to draft a QB this year. i think you double down on fitz and get him the protection he needs. he did look capable in the first 6 games.

If he fails there and everyone else is looking good on D and the OL, you can trade up and get the QB and see if we can take off the following year.

I'd play those odds. The odds I won't play is to trade for a campbell or an orton or a QB like that and pretend its an upgrade. it's lateral if anything and the unfamiliarity with the team chemistry and playbook isn't worth the gamble. Sure, if the bills wanted to trade all nine picks for Brees, i think the team welcomes him with open arms and i think he's infinitely better to deal with an OL with little depth. but we all know thats not happening.

So i support Fitz. I'm not in the anti-fitz club, but i do anxiously wait to see what thename of group becomes for the people who remain fiercely loyal.

stuckincincy
03-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Today, and today only, you are granted the ability to formulate an opinion and share it with the group.

Your self-interested pogrom against Fitz is obnoxious and tiring. Goodbye and bad luck.

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Manning is 36, there are plenty of 36 year old guys playing well. Hassleback has at least been there. You can't match this past year, and anyway, Hassleback without a doubt played better than Fitz did in 2011-2012 season. You have already said you do not see Fitz as a long term solution, now you are just sounding clueless in defending him against a guy like Hasselback. So what if Hassleback is not a long term solution, he is better than Fitzpatrick is. You really have no idea what you are saying. Hassleback has numbers that are the same or better since 2007 as Fitz does, has a better arm, has playoff experience, and is a much better leader.

Wow, you are so blind in your hatred of fitz, it's unbelievable. I haven't even defended him one time, so I'm not sure how I'm "clueless in defending him". I just don't agree with your take on all of these better solutions that are out there.

Hasselbeck was a very good QB for a while, but he's coming to the tail-end of his career. He's not Peyton Manning. He's not worth picking up at age 36. He's not a long-term solution (he's barely a short-term one). I don't care what he did 5 years ago.

I understand that you don't like Fitz. I'm not crazy about him either. But I don't see any better options out there. Peyton obviously, but he wasn't gonna come here, and we spent our big money on Mario anyway. So why don't you give us a realistic solution? If not Fitz, who should the Bills go and get? Should they reach big-time for Tannehill? Should they have totally mortgaged their future for RGIII? Trade for Drew Stanton? What?

ThunderGun
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
but i don't see any other options out there. with the top 2 qbs in the draft off the board and no one really being close, it strikes me as a waste to draft a QB this year. i think you double down on fitz and get him the protection he needs. he did look capable in the first 6 games.

If he fails there and everyone else is looking good on D and the OL, you can trade up and get the QB and see if we can take off the following year.

I'd play those odds. The odds I won't play is to trade for a campbell or an orton or a QB like that and pretend its an upgrade. it's lateral if anything and the unfamiliarity with the team chemistry and playbook isn't worth the gamble. Sure, if the bills wanted to trade all nine picks for Brees, i think the team welcomes him with open arms and i think he's infinitely better to deal with an OL with little depth. but we all know thats not happening.

This sums up my feelings exactly.

k-oneputt
03-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Of course I would. I wanted to draft the guy last year.

Fitz is what he is. Mediocre NFL qb. He will have some good games and just as many bad games. He can't carry a team and I really don't see him taking us much further then a play-off appearance.
I think the stud qb is the last missing piece. But as we know they are tough to find and right now Fitz is the best we have at this point.

PTI
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Trapezeus, I support whoever the QB is, I just don't see any real growth of Fitzpatrick and cannot envision him getting any better and think we should have moved on this year. There are always options, just depends if you are willing to take a risk, I don't think it is true that there are no other options. I like your post a lot though.

I was anti JP, mostly because we invested so much in Bledsoe and did think we reached for JP and JP ran around like a chicken with head cut off when we should have got the statue a better OLINE when we got him. At the same time we recycled RBs, LBs, and CBs too. I also wanted Holcomb to play over Losman, he had more success as far as wins that Losman did. I was wrong on Edwards. I thought he could be decent, and he looked to be on the rise before Wilson tore Trent's balls out of him in Arizona, but Trent was even Peter King's 6 game MVP that season.

I would love to see Fitz make a step up........maybe into the top 20, since he has never done that before.

PTI
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, you are so blind in your hatred of fitz, it's unbelievable. I haven't even defended him one time, so I'm not sure how I'm "clueless in defending him". I just don't agree with your take on all of these better solutions that are out there.

Hasselbeck was a very good QB for a while, but he's coming to the tail-end of his career. He's not Peyton Manning. He's not worth picking up at age 36. He's not a long-term solution (he's barely a short-term one). I don't care what he did 5 years ago.

I understand that you don't like Fitz. I'm not crazy about him either. But I don't see any better options out there. Peyton obviously, but he wasn't gonna come here, and we spent our big money on Mario anyway. So why don't you give us a realistic solution? If not Fitz, who should the Bills go and get? Should they reach big-time for Tannehill? Should they have totally mortgaged their future for RGIII? Trade for Drew Stanton? What?
Decision is already made, and I do not believe they take Tanehill, but would not be surprised if they did. I will root hard for Fitz. I do not like betting on the Bills and never really against the Bills, but if I were forced to I would say 8 games this year is about the maximum the Bills could win with him. I actually do not believe Fitz makes it all year in 2012-13 as the starter. It would be Chan's decision he would have to make to fight for his job as HC that I believe he will have tom make. I think the Bills draft a QB within round 3 and that guy plays at some point this year.

trapezeus
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
the reason i gamble with fitz is that the DL got much better. Chan would look to the run early and if it wasn't eating 4 yards a carry early, he started throwing.

i think now that he can trust his defense, he can run more. i think it becomes a more balanced attack. and i think fitz and spiller (and any running back really) gets better as they keep getting the ball. i think there are going to be a couple games this year where the running combo will just be deadly and the passing couple be very secondary.

i agree, Fitz's upside has been seen. we have seen him perform his best. and i think that's good enough if you have a balanced team. we don't need our QB to go out and score 30 points to be in it based on the defensive changes on paper.

and if he didn't have the support of his receivers (they all speak glowingly of him) and there is no division in the locker room. i think you have to take that. in the years we had the clubs and two QBs, it was tiring to have players side with different players.

DrGraves
03-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Trade up and get Blackmon.

mysticsoto
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Lately, Palmer and Cassel have been as good or better than Fitz, do you even watch games, do you even compare numbers? Numbers do matter. Fitz led the league in INTs, and put his team in a really bad spot many games for the defense.

Again, you are including the games where he played hurt and admittedly played terrible. But look at how he played before. I have to go with that. You are seriously biased in your comparison to other qbs...for example, 7 yrs...Fitz was not getting starting snaps w/the 1st team early in his career while Trent was here. We've had a porous Oline that had been one of the worst in the league. Now it's starting to come together.

And again, I am not a Fitz lover. He has serious deficiencies with throwing the long ball. But I still rather him over the completely predictable Capt. Checkdown. And early last season he showed why.

Quite frankly, I'm a big fan of running the ball down team's throats - especially when we get a lead and have a defense like the one we have right now!!!

BuffaloBlakely14
03-23-2012, 12:52 PM
With no named source, this thread should be in the Twilight Zone.

The fact is, Buddy hardly ever does anything like this. I'll go with his draft history, and say we stay at 10 and take BPA.

I agree, but I think we can all agree, that there is hardly a consensus player at 10 that will be an instant upgrade, aside from Decastro.

I cannot decide what I think is best, I like the idea of dropping down, IF WE CAN, and picking up some extra picks. This draft appears to be deep in certain spots.

I go back and forth everyday on the ideas of Floyd, Decastro, Martin and Kirkpatrick.

PTI
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Mystico, Fitz started 3 games his rookie year, and if it was not a sign of things to come I do not know what was. He was an immediate sensation, his very first game as a backup he threw for over 300 yard slinging the ball around, I remember, I watched that game, 2005, 3 TDs, 1 INT, comeback win. He started the next 3 games and sucked badly, Rams were forced to go back to Jamie Martin, ugh! Rams dumped him (in a trade, Bengals got a cheap backup, they are cheapest team in the NFL). He sucked for the Bengals too. Now he sucks for the Bills and somehow got paid more than the guy in the NFC Championship game who was miles better than Fitz in every year they both joined the NFL (at the same time). Makes no sense.

All guys play hurt, and all teams have players that are hurt, I can't believe this is continually brought up when all it does it follow a pattern of inconsistent play and turnover city from the start of his career.

better days
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I would love to see Fitz make a step up........maybe into the top 20, since he has never done that before.

Kurt Warner rated the top 5 QBs every week on NFL Network last year. For the first 5 or 6 weeks, he had Fitz in the top 5 & I think he had Fitz as high as #2 for a week or two.

mysticsoto
03-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Mystico, Fitz started 3 games his rookie year, and if it was not a sign of things to come I do not know what was. He was an immediate sensation, his very first game as a backup he threw for over 300 yard slinging the ball around, I remember, I watched that game, 2005, 3 TDs, 1 INT, comeback win. He started the next 3 games and sucked badly, Rams were forced to go back to Jamie Martin, ugh! Rams dumped him (in a trade, Bengals got a cheap backup, they are cheapest team in the NFL). He sucked for the Bengals too. Now he sucks for the Bills and somehow got paid more than the guy in the NFC Championship game who was miles better than Fitz in every year they both joined the NFL (at the same time). Makes no sense.

All guys play hurt, and all teams have players that are hurt, I can't believe this is continually brought up when all it does it follow a pattern of inconsistent play and turnover city from the start of his career.

I get it. You hate Fitz. He does have inconsistency issues. I'm not disagreeing. But he is not worse than some of the QBs you listed and he played well in the 1st half last yr. He scored 30+ pts in quite a few games. That's something Trent only dreamed about.

I want a QB to develop too, but right now, we have what we have and we don't have anyone better. He's serviceable (yes, I know you disagree with that but I don't). We fixed (hopefully) the defense and a good defense can take us far with just an avg qb. Baltimore is well known for having done that.

Let's see what happens in the draft...taking BPA will only make us better.

PTI
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I get it. You hate Fitz. He does have inconsistency issues. I'm not disagreeing. But he is not worse than some of the QBs you listed and he played well in the 1st half last yr. He scored 30+ pts in quite a few games. That's something Trent only dreamed about.

I want a QB to develop too, but right now, we have what we have and we don't have anyone better. He's serviceable (yes, I know you disagree with that but I don't). We fixed (hopefully) the defense and a good defense can take us far with just an avg qb. Baltimore is well known for having done that.

Let's see what happens in the draft...taking BPA will only make us better.

I understand, 30 points is exciting, but in several of those games, I mean 3 of 5 them, the defense had 4 INTs in them, I would expect 30 points, wouldn't you? Trent never put the Bills in the hole like Fitz does with turnovers, ever consider that?

mysticsoto
03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I understand, 30 points is exciting, but in several of those games, I mean 3 of 5 them, the defense had 4 INTs in them, I would expect 30 points, wouldn't you? Trent never put the Bills in the hole like Fitz does with turnovers, ever consider that?

Trent was too timid to throw. Fitz sometimes throws and hopes for the best. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But if you never throw, you can't score.

Like I said, we have fantastic RBs. I'd like to score a bit, let our defense keep giving our offense the ball, and then just run and run and let the clock run out. Teams will fall behind and be forced to throw which would in turn play to our pass rushers hands and give our ball hawking secondary even more chances.

Our Oline needs to work at better run blocking. They improved last year. Can they improve more this yr? A top LT may be required...

jlgarsh
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM

Disagree. I was at the Monday Night game against Cleveland where Trent's whole first half was turnovers!!!

PTI
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Disagree. I was at the Monday Night game against Cleveland where Trent's whole first half was turnovers!!!
Fitz has 16 games with at least 2 INTs, many of those with 3 or more in 52 starts. 31% of the time Fitz will throw at least 2 INTs in a start. Edwards had 6 in 32, 19%. Fitz puts the Bills in a hole quite often. 8 games last year, 50% of the time Fitz threw at least 2 INTs in a start.

Throw in the fumbles lost too, ugh....

wmoz11
03-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Fitz has 16 games with at least 2 INTs, many of those with 3 or more in 52 starts. 31% of the time Fitz will throw at least 2 INTs in a start. Edwards had 6 in 32, 19%. Fitz puts the Bills in a hole quite often. 8 games last year, 50% of the time Fitz threw at least 2 INTs in a start.

Okay, we've seen the INT comparison. How about making the TD one?

SABURZFAN
03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
how the **** does Edwards get into this thread? then again, who the **** gives a **** about this thread? no source..... Billszone looking like BillsFanCentral.... :down:

Beebe's Kid
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM

How about attempts? How about not getting sacked and getting a throw off? How about taking a shot and not checking down? He may have thrown a pick on a few of those, but he completed a bunch too.

To even compare Fitz and Edwards is just being an antagonist, or else you have no memory of how incredibly frustrating it was to wast Trent play QB.

There is another thing you are leaving out...if your QB throws a pick, your D can bail him out, which ours never did.

mikemac2001
03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Trent edwards made me hate watching buffalo bills football

Joe Fo Sho
03-23-2012, 08:30 PM

Brady
Mallet
matt moore
Sanchez
Big Ben
Flacco
Dalton
Schaub
Hassleback
Locker
Luck
P Manning
Rivers
Palmer
Cassell
E Manning
Vick
Romo
RG III
Rodgers
Flynn
Stafford
Cutler
Ponder
Brees
RYan
Newton
Freeman
Alex Smith
Bradford
Kolb
Jason Campbell

Orton
Skelton
Tebow
McCoy
Gabbert
Garrard

The following list is a list of QBs that are on your list that make me think your list is a joke.

Mallet
Matt Moore
Sanchez
Hassleback
Locker
Cassel
Flynn
Ponder
Kolb
Cambell
Orton
Skelton
Clausen
Tebow
McCoy
Gerrard

Seriously though, Tebow? C'mon guy, you have to be joking with us.

THRILLHO
03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I hope this doesn't happen.

I'm so sick of this team prepping for a future that never gets here. Pass rush was our biggest problem last year and it's been addressed in spades. There are no guarantees of winning and the team still has holes, but it's well past time to turn this thing around and create a winning culture.

Use the pick for someone who will help the team ASAP.

I agree. I want us to draft a guy top ten that can contribute right away. Normally I am all for trading down, but I just don't see the reason to this year. Get a superstar (hopefully) this year, and as a better team next year trade down a bit.

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I think its pretty simple. We stay at 10 and finally get our franchise LT. We don't have a LT.

TigerJ
03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I would think maybe Cleveland, the 22nd pick, they could take a WR at 4, Blackman, and get Tanehill at 10.

That coulld actually work very well for the Bills. Cleveland probably won't be very good next season, so that pick could be a pretty high one. Do you really have sources, Stewie?

Bert102176
03-23-2012, 11:52 PM
yeah that doesnt really make sense. a pick loses a lot of value if its delayed a year so unless its a reeeally bad team youre basically selling your tenth overall for two random second round picks, pretty poor value. theyd need more than that

would like Cleveland's number 22 and their next year's pic I don't think they will do too much this year

Bert102176
03-23-2012, 11:56 PM
if we have 2 1st's next year maybe we could use them to trade up and get the usc QB he'll be coming out in the draft next year

don137
03-24-2012, 07:22 AM
This team will utilize the run to set up the pass and they have two stud running backs. Fitz is too inconsistent to march the offense 80 yards down field. Luckily the Bills have a defense that will shorten the field a lot more since the Bruce Smith era. This team is built for Buffalo weather. Fitz will be asked to be a complentary player and not have the burden of carrying the team.

better days
03-24-2012, 08:17 AM
I think its pretty simple. We stay at 10 and finally get our franchise LT. We don't have a LT.

Well, unless Kalil is there at #10 which I doubt he will be, no OT in this draft is worth the #10 pick. Now if the Bills trade down & draft a LT, fine.

ThunderGun
03-24-2012, 08:54 AM

I'd be cool with that. I've been wanting them to draft a tackle early for like 10 years. Although I'd probably rather have Floyd at 10, and a tackle a little later. I'm good with wr, ot, or lb at 10.

My gut tells me that its gonna be a cb at 10 though. I hope i'm wrong, but I think that's what it will be. I think kirkpatrick would be a reach at 10, and i don't know if cb would really be a huge need for us, now that we should actually have some sort of a pass rush.

mikemac2001
03-24-2012, 09:02 AM

As much as i hate the idea i think its the best choice

FlyingDutchman
03-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Well, unless Kalil is there at #10 which I doubt he will be, no OT in this draft is worth the #10 pick. Now if the Bills trade down & draft a LT, fine.

I dunno man I think Riley Reiff could be worth that pick. To me, it doesn't matter if the guy is supposed to go 6 or 7 picks later. If he is good enough to anchor the Oline for the next 7 years then I say we get him. At one time I would have said that we would go CB, but Nix said our secondary just got a lot better with the additions on Dline, so I think we'll hold off on CB. I think Flloyd at WR would also be a logical choice however Gailey has shown what he can do with average WRs. Nix as also said in the past that he likes to spend high draft picks on players who play high percentages of plays. He strayed away for the Spiller pick but that seems to be bc he was enamoured with the type of speed and skill he provided.

Who knows, still lots of time til the draft and anything can change. Solidifying the Oline just makes sense to me. After a 1st round pick of a LT, we would have a lot of flexibility the rest of the draft. If we neglect LT again, we're just going to be righ back to where we've always been which is putting a band aid or a temporary fill on one of the most important positions in the game. I say lets lock it down.

FlyingDutchman
03-24-2012, 09:35 AM
As much as i hate the idea i think its the best choice

Exactly. Id love Floyd at 10, but LT just seems most logical imo

FlyingDutchman
03-24-2012, 09:40 AM
And just think, if we grab a LT and then lockdown Levitre and Wood, along with the emergence of Hairston at RT, our Oline will be set for quite some time. With our Dline now locked down, we will finally be a team that is in position to go after some of those more sexier draft picks (stud WR etc..) in the future

better days
03-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I dunno man I think Riley Reiff could be worth that pick. To me, it doesn't matter if the guy is supposed to go 6 or 7 picks later. If he is good enough to anchor the Oline for the next 7 years then I say we get him. At one time I would have said that we would go CB, but Nix said our secondary just got a lot better with the additions on Dline, so I think we'll hold off on CB. I think Flloyd at WR would also be a logical choice however Gailey has shown what he can do with average WRs. Nix as also said in the past that he likes to spend high draft picks on players who play high percentages of plays. He strayed away for the Spiller pick but that seems to be bc he was enamoured with the type of speed and skill he provided.

Who knows, still lots of time til the draft and anything can change. Solidifying the Oline just makes sense to me. After a 1st round pick of a LT, we would have a lot of flexibility the rest of the draft. If we neglect LT again, we're just going to be righ back to where we've always been which is putting a band aid or a temporary fill on one of the most important positions in the game. I say lets lock it down.

Mike Mayock said he may be drafted a little higher than he should be, but he thinks Reiff belongs in the 20s.

ZAZusmc03
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure I understand the fascination with Reiff. Isn't he built and better fit to man the RT position? NO ONE drafts a RT in the top 10, thats assinine.