PDA

View Full Version : Luke Kuelchy

The King
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't watch a ton of college ball but I do watch 80% of BC's games. I have seen a good deal of Luke.

It surprises me he's being thrown around as a top LBer in this draft and Herzlich went undrafted but that's how hype works I guess. The guy is as clutch as it gets when it comes to wrapping up and making the tackle, but I never got the impression that he was a game changer at LBer. He's not the next Patrick Willis or Clay Matthews.

He did run a 4.58 at the combine but I always thought his speed was average. What you get with him is an instinctive LBer who doesn't miss much. Not a play maker flying all over the field.

I think he's more like a Lance Briggs.

It's also rare for BC guy to leave early.

utmhead
03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
It's also rare for a bc guy to be a 1st rd pick,
The team sucks and are going no where fast. He was smart to leave

The King
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Ryan, BJ Raji and Costanzo all were.

mysticsoto
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't watch a ton of college ball but I do watch 80% of BC's games. I have seen a good deal of Luke.

It surprises me he's being thrown around as a top LBer in this draft and Herzlich went undrafted but that's how hype works I guess. The guy is as clutch as it gets when it comes to wrapping up and making the tackle, but I never got the impression that he was a game changer at LBer. He's not the next Patrick Willis or Clay Matthews.

He did run a 4.58 at the combine but I always thought his speed was average. What you get with him is an instinctive LBer who doesn't miss much. Not a play maker flying all over the field.

I think he's more like a Lance Briggs.

It's also rare for BC guy to leave early.

I have him rated more as a 3rd rder...but some people do seem high on him....