Forked Thread: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Forked Thread: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Forked from: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Originally posted by ThunderGun
    I'd rather have Fitz BECAUSE he is more capable. Fitz is more capable than Ryan Mallett because Fitz has thrown an NFL pass. Mallett is a raw, project QB.
    Fitz has not proven to be capable of being successful in the NFL. Mallett has proven nothing but has more potential, I would rather have unproven, untested with more potential than a guy with experience who has stunk and proven not to be capable.

Your definition of capable is like little league, or more like T-ball, I mean, Fitz has been below average his whole NFL career, 22 in 2010, and then 23 in QB rating last year, he is below average and got worse.
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: Forked Thread: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Sorry mods, not sure how this forked, please move it back to the original...did not mean to do this

Comment

• ThunderGun
      • Dec 2011

Re: Forked Thread: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Originally posted by PTI
      Forked from: We're going to trade our first pick this year to get a #1 next year

Fitz has not proven to be capable of being successful in the NFL. Mallett has proven nothing but has more potential, I would rather have unproven, untested with more potential than a guy with experience who has stunk and proven not to be capable.

Your definition of capable is like little league, or more like T-ball, I mean, Fitz has been below average his whole NFL career, 22 in 2010, and then 23 in QB rating last year, he is below average and got worse.
      As I've said numerous times, I'm not really sold on Fitz. I think he's middle of the pack, like about half of the guys you listed. I'd rather roll with him until we can get an elite QB. I have no interest in adding a Matt Moore-type scrub who isn't really gonna make the team any better.

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ThunderGun
        As I've said numerous times, I'm not really sold on Fitz. I think he's middle of the pack, like about half of the guys you listed. I'd rather roll with him until we can get an elite QB. I have no interest in adding a Matt Moore-type scrub who isn't really gonna make the team any better.
        That is what they said about Hassleback, Matt Schaub, Jake Delhome, several others. If you know Fitz is not the guy, try whoever else, just anyone other than Fitz, he can be a security blanket, not a starter security blanket.

Comment

• ThunderGun
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by PTI
          That is what they said about Hassleback, Matt Schaub, Jake Delhome, several others. If you know Fitz is not the guy, try whoever else, just anyone other than Fitz, he can be a security blanket, not a starter security blanket.
          Elite QB's just don't become available (that's why Peyton has been such a huge story). Sure we could have added Hassleback, but what good would that do us? I'd rather have Fitz and 6 wins than Hassleback and 8 wins. At least we'll get a better draft pick and have a shot at a great QB. Adding a slightly-better-than-mediocre QB will just keep us in continual loop of 7-9'ish seasons.

Comment

Working...
          X