PDA

View Full Version : Will Eric Wood be ready for training camp?

BertSquirtgum
03-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Anybody have any info on his situation?

Raptor
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
He's said on twitter he's moving along fine a couple times

Jaybird
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
I think we should being in a vet Center.. Wood has been injured and we need insurance. We can;t have too many moving parts on the O Line

NOT THE DUDE...
03-23-2012, 12:03 PM
about 3 weeks ago he ran full speed for the first time and said he felt great.

im assuming he should be ready for tc.

streetkings01
03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
We def need a backup center...........after his injury it took us weeks just to find a guy capable of snapping the football out of shotgun.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-24-2012, 12:39 PM
We def need a backup center...........after his injury it took us weeks just to find a guy capable of snapping the football out of shotgun.

Im happy with urbik as the backup center and brown as the 3rd string center/g/rt

we are fine inside

Skooby
03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
He said Wood.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Im happy with urbik as the backup center and brown as the 3rd string center/g/rt

we are fine inside

I'm not. IMO we need a back-up whose strength is center but can swing to guard in a pinch, not vice-versa.

Lexwhat
03-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Jeff Faine, anyone?

Lexwhat
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Still wish we had Hangartner though. A solid, versatile player who provided good depth.

mrbojanglezs
03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
man this guy had some tough injuries

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
man this guy had some tough injuries

Hopefully he got the injuries out of the way early in his career.

Beebe's Kid
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
So why isn't Wood injury prone? Every year if is some sort of big deal he is coming back from, and there is very little talk about it.

Having a veteran center is something I was hoping we would address in FA. We were ****ed when Wood got hurt.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2012, 06:48 PM
If he gets hurt again this year then I would consider him injury prone. The first year breaking of his leg was just bad luck.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm not. IMO we need a back-up whose strength is center but can swing to guard in a pinch, not vice-versa.

why does it matter? urbik is a good center? brown can also play rt...

YardRat
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
why does it matter? urbik is a good center? brown can also play rt...

It matters to me because I don't like the practice of shuffling the line when injuries occur.

If Woods goes down and Urbik moves over, then you have 'backups' manning two positions instead of just one, which further weakens the unit.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 11:30 AM
It matters to me because I don't like the practice of shuffling the line when injuries occur.

If Woods goes down and Urbik moves over, then you have 'backups' manning two positions instead of just one, which further weakens the unit.

either way you 1 new starter... again, why does it matter?

a team only carries 3 or 4 backup olineman. you want them to be able to play multiple spots...

YardRat
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
either way you 1 new starter... again, why does it matter?

No you have two new starters...one at C and one at G. Urbik is not a starting center, regardless of his status as a starting guard.

The Levitre Shuffle from last season should be evidence enough to support my viewpoint.

a team only carries 3 or 4 backup olineman. you want them to be able to play multiple spots...

I agree, part of my reasoning for wanting a back-up C that can swing to guard and not vice-versa, because centers are harder to replace. Not to mention the transition from one spot to the other is 'easier'. I never stated I wanted a center-only back-up.

Why prepare your team to weaken two spots in the event of an injury, when you can prepare them to only replace one? It's foolish.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
No you have two new starters...one at C and one at G. Urbik is not a starting center, regardless of his status as a starting guard.

The Levitre Shuffle from last season should be evidence enough to support my viewpoint.

I agree, part of my reasoning for wanting a back-up C that can swing to guard and not vice-versa, because centers are harder to replace. Not to mention the transition from one spot to the other is 'easier'. I never stated I wanted a center-only back-up.

you keep acting like if it was a center going to guard than it makes it better. it doesnt. it doesnt matter if a person goes from guard to center or center to guard. the point is that person can play both spots. either way rinehart will enter the lineup. do you want a rookie playing center instead of rinehart playing guard???? huh? YOU have 1 new starter.

in reality brown is the real backup center. but he can also swing to rt. by this meaure in the last 2 games he will not be replaced.

you are saying something matters when it doesnt matter.

we already have a backup center- urbik.

Why prepare your team to weaken two spots in the event of an injury, when you can prepare them to only replace one? It's foolish.

two spots dont get weak.... what are you talking about. someone switching spots doesnt weaken your line, its how they play... you are focusing on position rather than production....

YardRat
03-25-2012, 12:40 PM
OK...let me try to spell this out for you.

Starting line-up = Hairston-Levitre-Wood-Urbik- Pears

Wood gets injured.

New line-up = Hairston-Levitre-I'll use Young just for an example-Urbik-Pears

How many back-ups do you have playing? One...Young.

New line-up B = Hairston-Levitre-Urbik-Rhinehart-Pears

How many back-ups do you have playing? Two...as you stated, Urbik is a "back-up" center, and obviously Rhinehart is a back-up guard.

The less you have to shuffle around your line, putting guys in spots they might not normally play, the less continuity you're going to have.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 01:10 PM
OK...let me try to spell this out for you.

Starting line-up = Hairston-Levitre-Wood-Urbik- Pears

Wood gets injured.

New line-up = Hairston-Levitre-I'll use Young just for an example-Urbik-Pears

How many back-ups do you have playing? One...Young.

New line-up B = Hairston-Levitre-Urbik-Rhinehart-Pears

How many back-ups do you have playing? Two...as you stated, Urbik is a "back-up" center, and obviously Rhinehart is a back-up guard.

The less you have to shuffle around your line, putting guys in spots they might not normally play, the less continuity you're going to have.

nooooo, because brown is the 3rd string center...

you keep saying less continuity when urbik can play center just fine... again, going from center to guard or guard to center doesnt matter.

are you saying we should replace brown? that wont happen because he can obviously play center, guard and rt...

so even if urbik goes to center

you still have a backup lt, c, and rt in young...

you are putting an empahsis on moving from center to guard and i dont know why...

urbik is still in the starting lineup...lol

you are trying to say there is less quality when urbik goes to center, why are you doing that? this analysis would make sense if urbik was like levitre and couldnt play center that well or if brown was a horrible backup or if we had no interior depth...

YardRat
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
n
you are trying to say there is less quality when urbik goes to center, why are you doing that? this analysis would make sense if urbik was like levitre and couldnt play center that well or if brown was a horrible backup or if we had no interior depth...

That is exactly what I am saying. Urbik is a back-up at center, a starting guard. If you shift him over, you now have a back-up (Urbik) at center, and a back-up (Rhinehart) at guard...you've 'weakened' two positions. Continuity would be better served by leaving Urbik at guard and having a back-up capable of playing center to replace Wood.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
That is exactly what I am saying. Urbik is a back-up at center, a starting guard. If you shift him over, you now have a back-up (Urbik) at center, and a back-up (Rhinehart) at guard...you've 'weakened' two positions. Continuity would be better served by leaving Urbik at guard and having a back-up capable of playing center to replace Wood.

this is assuming that urbik at center is backup quality, which he is not...

do u understand?

this only makes sense if urbik going to center is somehow a big dropoff...

the line doesnt get weaker when rinehart enters...whether rinehart came in at center or guard doesnt matter. what matters is quality. what if urbik was the top backup LT? the same thing would apply... changing spots doesnt really mean weaker..

YardRat
03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
this is assuming that urbik at center is backup quality, which he is not...

If he isn't 'back-up quality', why isn't he starting at center?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 03:32 PM
If he isn't 'back-up quality', why isn't he starting at center?

because any backup whether center guard or tackle is the 2nd option, lol...

do you really think we will find a better backup center than urbik? or even brown?

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2012, 03:38 PM
fight, fight, fight, fight.

YardRat
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
because any backup whether center guard or tackle is the 2nd option, lol...

There's a reason they are the second option....because somebody else is better.

do you really think we will find a better backup center than urbik? or even brown?

I don't see why we couldn't. If we don't and Brown can show some improvement I'd rather he fill in for Wood instead of Urbik.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
either way, marcell dareus power would kill the center in practice. it doesnt matter