• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Stop the presses - B'gals hire scouts

Owner Brown rubs his foreparts together for his upcoming rookie team courtesy of the new CBA....

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Stop the presses - B'gals hire scouts

Cinci benefited from a historically weak schedule. I mean the only team with a winning record they beat was the 9-7 titans who sucked. Cinci is going to be in trouble this year, they are pretty embarrassing but they got very lucky last year. The vultures will be coming out in full force this year to peck Brown to death.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler
      Cinci benefited from a historically weak schedule. I mean the only team with a winning record they beat was the 9-7 titans who sucked. Cinci is going to be in trouble this year, they are pretty embarrassing but they got very lucky last year. The vultures will be coming out in full force this year to peck Brown to death.
      Believe me - Mike Brown is invulnerable to criticism. Nothing has pecked at him with any notable harm since he took over the club in 1990 and nothing ever will.

It's about $$$, nothing else.

As to losses - no surprises.

Their point margins of loss was 2, 5, 7, 7, 28, 1, and 8. So, only one blow-out. The expectation was that they'de fade in the 2nd half of their season, and they did.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-27-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Syderick
        • Apr 2006

Well they made the playoffs and we didn't, weak schedule or not.
        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by syd1364
          Well they made the playoffs and we didn't, weak schedule or not.
          That they did. They needed a lot of help - IIRC, OAK, NYJ, TEN, KC results all had to fall their way the last 2 weeks.

I was hoping they didn't make it - hoping that Marvin Lewis would at last get the boot. Only under Brown is Marvin still a HC...

I shuddered a while back, when BUF was replacing Jauron - Lewis' named was mentioned. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

In their PO game against HOU - they had a decent 1st half - Marvin blew both of his challenges on plays in the 1st half that a 10 year-old kid wouldn't have questioned.

Comment

Working...
          X