PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Mock Award #3

TigerJ
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
If anyone is counting, I have given out two idiot mock awards thus far this offseason. I'm ready to award a third. The winner is (drum roll) the GMen HQ mock draft dated Friday, March 23. This is a New York Giants fan site, and apparently they aren't looking very closely at the real New York team. With the 10th pick of the draft, they have Buffalo picking. . .Devon Still, defensive tackle from Penn State. Commenting on the pick, the author of this mock states, "Devon Still, DL, Penn State: The Bills need defense, and a force in the middle to stop the run and get inside pass rush will help them a great deal. After finding out their Qb can play and that they have some playmakers on offense, its time to start stopping people."

Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

http://gmenhq.com/2012/03/23/2012-nfl-mock-draft/#comwrap

Buffalogic
03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
What a dummy

Bangarang
03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Someone didn't do their homework before making those picks. It could have been worse though.

jamze132
03-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Idiot.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 05:35 AM
I like how he went out on a limb for the Giants pick.

Jan Reimers
03-24-2012, 06:00 AM
With Reiff, Wright and Kirkpatrick available, we're going to take a DT?

SABURZFAN
03-24-2012, 11:04 AM
should have drafted Richardson.

BUFF Bills
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
lolz

paladin warrior
03-25-2012, 12:26 AM
What a Moron ...THat not 100& right..Dolphin want a QB.. Clevland Want a RB cause Clevland trade RB P Hills to KC... N.C Panthers want DE or DT.. WTF Buffalo Take DT.. Jeez cry out loud. Buffalo would like OLB,ILB

Sportsuser101
03-25-2012, 08:57 AM
What a Moron ...THat not 100& right..Dolphin want a QB.. Clevland Want a RB cause Clevland trade RB P Hills to KC... N.C Panthers want DE or DT.. WTF Buffalo Take DT.. Jeez cry out loud. Buffalo would like OLB,ILB

Glad you know what everybody wants. Nobody truly knows what each team wants. How many people actually thought Spiller was going to get drafted by us? Also Hillis signed with Kansas City as a free agent. He was not traded. Don't be suprised if Cleveland does take Tannehill.

YardRat
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Glad you know what everybody wants. Nobody truly knows what each team wants. How many people actually thought Spiller was going to get drafted by us? Also Hillis signed with Kansas City as a free agent. He was not traded. Don't be suprised if Cleveland does take Tannehill.

paladin knows things. Secret things. If he revealed them to you, he'd have to kill you.

DasBills
03-25-2012, 09:49 AM
If anyone is counting, I have given out two idiot mock awards thus far this offseason. I'm ready to award a third. The winner is (drum roll) the GMen HQ mock draft dated Friday, March 23. This is a New York Giants fan site, and apparently they aren't looking very closely at the real New York team. With the 10th pick of the draft, they have Buffalo picking. . .Devon Still, defensive tackle from Penn State. Commenting on the pick, the author of this mock states, "Devon Still, DL, Penn State: The Bills need defense, and a force in the middle to stop the run and get inside pass rush will help them a great deal. After finding out their Qb can play and that they have some playmakers on offense, its time to start stopping people."

Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

http://gmenhq.com/2012/03/23/2012-nfl-mock-draft/#comwrapWhile I don't like the player, I wouldn't have any problem drafting a DL. When you're running a 4-3, you can never have too much depth along the DL, especially when it comes to play-makers up the middle.

TigerJ
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
I think you can have too much depth at any position. The Bills will keep 4 or 5 defensive tackles. Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus are givens. If you think Torell Troup is healthy (and I've seen no indication the Bills think otherwise), I think the Bills keep him based on strong play last preseason, and he is a second round draft pick. I think the Bills like Kellen Heard based on the play they got from him because Kyle Williams and Torell Troup were on IR. Then you've got Dwan Edwards who has always been competent at DE in a 3-4 and can probably move inside. You've got Jarron Gilbert, an athletic kid, Alex Carrington and Jay Ross. I wouldn't claim all those guys are great players, but I have a hard time believing that out of that group Buffalo can't find one decent backup. Meanwhile, the Bills have holes at other positions. I can't see drafting a rotational player at #10 overall, whom you are going to have to pay a top ten pick salary.

Billsouth
03-25-2012, 01:25 PM
The way we have drafted over the last 10 years that is not too far from possible.

ServoBillieves
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
We're loaded at DL... Aww shucks why not, let's go DL, no need for wR, LT, OLB, DB... Or neck any other random depth in the top 10 players in the country!

Thank you Tiger, I always get a kick out of these stupid mocks

SABURZFAN
03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
The way we have drafted over the last 10 years that is not too far from possible.

you have a point...