PDA

View Full Version : Proposed IR Rule

Akhippo
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Do you think that the changes to the IR that are being proposed will dramatically change the way Buffalo seems to handle injuries?

It seems like every nick or sprain get you lost for the year.

With IR being shortened to 8 weeks instead of season ending, i think Buffalo will be see immediate benefits since they seem to get hit hard the past couple seasons.

jamze132
03-24-2012, 01:47 AM
It's a tough decision to place someone on IR when the result is they are gone for the season. I would like to see the NFL adopt more of a disabled list like in baseball.

Don't Panic
03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
I hated season long IR. Glad to see they shortened it. I always wondered if Ralph saved on paying salary by having insurance pick up the tab if guys were put on IR, which prompted the quick season ender in some questionable cases.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I hated season long IR. Glad to see they shortened it. I always wondered if Ralph saved on paying salary by having insurance pick up the tab if guys were put on IR, which prompted the quick season ender in some questionable cases.

I would be stunned if there were an insurance company out there that would take on that liability for an entire team, and even if there was the cost would have to be hellacious.

dannyek71
03-24-2012, 03:35 PM

Ralph isn't cheap. They've just spent the money poorly. See Kelsey

mikemac2001
03-24-2012, 04:29 PM
i hate the system but it makes teams make tough choices it sucks when they IR a guy for a 6 week injury but it hurts all teams...if you have depth you can overcome it packers 2 years ago

Don't Panic
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Ralph isn't cheap. They've just spent the money poorly. See Kelsey

I'm not saying cheap... just conservative.

mrbojanglezs
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
8 weeks would be a great move

stuckincincy
03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
..."The (proposed) rules for the IR designation are pretty similar to the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, except that a player must pass the training camp physical and must suffer the injury before or during the opener. Then it gets like PUP. He can return to practice in six weeks and has three weeks to get ready while still on IR. He's eligible to be active after eight weeks."...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Sims-in-a-rush-Kraft-salutes-BJGE-Rules-mulled/c4b737a8-2384-4425-b2f7-5f7a5063ea7b

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
8 weeks seems to make perfect sense... do it