PDA

View Full Version : Jets will have no drama this year..

acehole
03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/230531/report-tebow-thinks-he-can-beat-out-sanchez

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Big show Bright lights Big city

DrGraves
03-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Rofl at Rex And Tannebaum "They know their rolls" yeahhhh righhht

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
roles

Jan Reimers
03-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Until Sanchez has his first bad game, and Tebow Nation comes out howling for their guy.

SABURZFAN
03-24-2012, 10:57 AM
i don't envy the Jets fans. those Tebow Lickers will be more annoying than the Flutie Flakes were.

mrbojanglezs
03-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Rofl at Rex And Tannebaum "They know their rolls" yeahhhh righhht

kaiser, weck, diner, french, italian?

YardRat
03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Can you say 'implode'?

I knew you could.

http://373virtualpta.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/mister_rogers1.jpg

BuffaloBlitz83
03-24-2012, 11:47 AM
i don't envy the Jets fans. those Tebow Lickers will be more annoying than the Flutie Flakes were.

Doug vs rob johnson was no brainer. Flutie all day

trapezeus
03-24-2012, 11:51 AM
last year the jets were an underperforming 8-8. that is awful when you are a fan of a team that should be better but isn't.

this signing only makes it that more likely to happen again while the good players get another year older.

i can see the jets being a top 5 pick next year. a lot of jets fans i've talked agree with that assessment. they feel like they are being told the team is starting over without saying it explicitly.

better days
03-24-2012, 12:22 PM
last year the jets were an underperforming 8-8. that is awful when you are a fan of a team that should be better but isn't.

this signing only makes it that more likely to happen again while the good players get another year older.

i can see the jets being a top 5 pick next year. a lot of jets fans i've talked agree with that assessment. they feel like they are being told the team is starting over without saying it explicitly.

I think the Jets brought in Tebow to light a fire under Sanchez's ass. Tebow will be the first person on the field & the last one off it. That is his work ethic.

I think the Jets are hoping that rubs off on Sanchez but if it doesn't & Sanchez does not play well, you can expect calls for Tebow to start just like last year when Orton led the Broncos to 1-4.

If that happens Sanchez won't be a Jet next year.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Sanchez under pressure is more likely to **** his pants than overcome it.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
What a dumb ass

JohnnyGold
03-24-2012, 01:13 PM

you may not know offhand, but what game was that picture in your avatar taken?

DrGraves
03-24-2012, 01:25 PM

lol you got me..

I will be getting some beef on weck at Pearl Street tonight though... go sabres!

mush69
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
We will find out in camp this year how the Jets are gonna be. I'm sure when fat boy Rex opens up his yap it will billowing out some garbage.

mrbojanglezs
03-24-2012, 01:53 PM
lol you got me..

I will be getting some beef on weck at Pearl Street tonight though... go sabres!

good call... what is your beer of choice there? I usually go with trainwreck or the blueberry blonde for something lighter

Mike13
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM

The correct answer is cinnamon roll.

Jeff1220
03-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Sanchez is bad enough that Tebow might be right.

The Spaz
03-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Rex Ryan has enough rolls for both players!

The Jokeman
03-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I have a feeling most of the Flakes are also Tebow Lickers. Yet think the Tebow lickers also has a bunch of bible thumpers too which makes it even worse. As seems like I hear the same arguements for Tebow "all he does is win" yet people fail to see how horrible Tebow's playing the QB position. I'll say this much as much as hated on Doug at the time he was at least he was an average QB which is a lot more than Tebow is.

better days
03-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I have a feeling most of the Flakes are also Tebow Lickers. Yet think the Tebow lickers also has a bunch of bible thumpers too which makes it even worse. As seems like I hear the same arguements for Tebow "all he does is win" yet people fail to see how horrible Tebow's playing the QB position. I'll say this much as much as hated on Doug at the time he was at least he was an average QB which is a lot more than Tebow is.

It is hard for me to believe ANYONE would admit to being a Rob Johnson Fan today.

SABURZFAN
03-26-2012, 03:22 PM

true but when Johnson was named the starter, the Flakes whined and complained constantly from Day 1. i didn't like it either but i gave Johnson a clean slate until he imploded.

SABURZFAN
03-26-2012, 03:24 PM

that is true. The Runt had a better completion percentage too.

The Jokeman
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
It is hard for me to believe ANYONE would admit to being a Rob Johnson Fan today.
I'll admit it. As I still wonder what if RJ had a chance to hone his skills on the field in 1998/199 what he what have become. Most likely he would have shove he was a QB that took too many sacks and had a propencity to get hurt etc, that he eventually showed us 2000/01. That said I still feel the Flutie magic set this franchise back a few years as it prevented us from seeing/develop RJ sooner and forced us to let Wiley go elsewhere in free agency and lead to the cuts of Andre, Thurman and Bruce.

Of course that lead to adding Bledsoe and so fourth. So as fun an exciting it was to watch Doug the question is did that success lead to the QB struggles we've had since then? As think about if we put give RJ his job back when healthy in 1998 than Flutie never gets his contract extensions and allows to keep Smith and therefore not draft Erik Flowers in 2000. Also if RJ wasn't able to win as much as Flutie did in 1998 we might have ended up with LJ Shelton instead of Antoine Winfield in 1999 and maybe not gotten Peerless Price etc. I mean Wade decision to not give RJ his starting job back really did impact so many things even though it was just one decision.

better days
03-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll admit it. As I still wonder what if RJ had a chance to hone his skills on the field in 1998/199 what he what have become. Most likely he would have shove he was a QB that took too many sacks and had a propencity to get hurt etc, that he eventually showed us 2000/01. That said I still feel the Flutie magic set this franchise back a few years as it prevented us from seeing/develop RJ sooner and forced us to let Wiley go elsewhere in free agency and lead to the cuts of Andre, Thurman and Bruce.

Of course that lead to adding Bledsoe and so fourth. So as fun an exciting it was to watch Doug the question is did that success lead to the QB struggles we've had since then? As think about if we put give RJ his job back when healthy in 1998 than Flutie never gets his contract extensions and allows to keep Smith and therefore not draft Erik Flowers in 2000. Also if RJ wasn't able to win as much as Flutie did in 1998 we might have ended up with LJ Shelton instead of Antoine Winfield in 1999 and maybe not gotten Peerless Price etc. I mean Wade decision to not give RJ his starting job back really did impact so many things even though it was just one decision.

Well in my opinion what set the Bills back was trading for Rob Johnson in the first place. The Bills could have used the first & fourth rnd picks they traded for Johnson to add players on the team. Flutie was ALWAYS better than Johnson.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Well in my opinion what set the Bills back was trading for Rob Johnson in the first place. The Bills could have used the first & fourth rnd picks they traded for Johnson to add players on the team. Flutie was ALWAYS better than Johnson.
Flutie was more NFL/CFL experienced than RJ so yes I would expect him to be better. It's like saying that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Flynn right now. Yet if Flynn is able to play a few more years and remain the starter in Seattle he should show to be better than Grossman or he might show he's worse/similar ala Kevin Kolb.

I still maintain that had we allowed RJ play through 1998 and 1999 he might just have ended up having a different career. As so many people forget that RJ was playing better before getting hurt against Indy in that first year. As he had a great game against the Rams that we really should have won but the defense in the end killed us in the end. The week before his second injury RJ also lead us to a win against the Steve Young lead 49ers who finished 12-4 that year. Not to mention the great game he had in the season finale against the Saints in 1998. Then he pretty much sat out for almost the entire 1999 season and put on a steller performance against the Colts in that season's final game. Hell had it not been for Homerun Throwback we'd probably be all comment on the guts RJ showed in that Titans playoff game to get us in position to win with a field goal without a shoe in a drive with under two minutes to go with no timeouts left and he stepped up to make a key throw to Peerless Price along the sidelines to get us closer for that FG.

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM

The player drafted in the #9 spot by JAX did alright...RB Fred Taylor.

better days
03-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Flutie was more NFL experienced than RJ. It's like saying that Rex Grossman is better than Kevin Kolb right now. Yet if Kolb is able to play a few more years and remain the starter in Arizona he should show to be better than Grossman.

I still maintain that had we allowed RJ play through 1998 and 1999 he might just have ended up having a different career. As so many people forget that RJ was playing better before getting hurt against Indy. As he had a great game against the Rams that we really should have won but the defense in the end killed us in the end. The week before RJ also lead us to a win against the Steve Young lead 49ers who finished 12-4 that year. Not to mention the great game he had in the season finale against the Saints in 1998. Then to sit out for almost the entire 1999 season and put on a steller performance against the Colts in that season's final game. Hell had it not been for Homerun Throwback we'd probably be all comment on the guts RJ showed in that Titans playoff game to get us in position to win with a field goal without a shoe in a drive with under two minutes to go with no timeouts left and he stepped up to make a key throw to Peerless Price along the sidelines to get us closer for that FG.

Well, I still maintain Flutie was a better QB than Johnson & the Bills WASTED a FIRST & fourth rnd pick on him they could have used to make the Bills a better team.

Syderick
03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Flutie was more NFL experienced than RJ. It's like saying that Rex Grossman is better than Matt Flynn right now. Yet if Flynn is able to play a few more years and remain the starter in Arizona he should show to be better than Grossman or he might show he's worse/similar ala Kevin Kolb.

I still maintain that had we allowed RJ play through 1998 and 1999 he might just have ended up having a different career. As so many people forget that RJ was playing better before getting hurt against Indy. As he had a great game against the Rams that we really should have won but the defense in the end killed us in the end. The week before RJ also lead us to a win against the Steve Young lead 49ers who finished 12-4 that year. Not to mention the great game he had in the season finale against the Saints in 1998. Then to sit out for almost the entire 1999 season and put on a steller performance against the Colts in that season's final game. Hell had it not been for Homerun Throwback we'd probably be all comment on the guts RJ showed in that Titans playoff game to get us in position to win with a field goal without a shoe in a drive with under two minutes to go with no timeouts left and he stepped up to make a key throw to Peerless Price along the sidelines to get us closer for that FG.

Flutie was much better. If Rob was so good he would of kept the job but he couldn't do it. They shouldn't of traded for him, and they shouldn't of fired Wade Phillips.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Flutie was much better. If Rob was so good he would of kept the job but he couldn't do it. They shouldn't of traded for him, and they shouldn't of fired Wade Phillips.
RJ lost his job after playing 3.5 games as a Bill. 3.5! He lost his job because of the thought that Doug was the spark for our winning yet the team on the whole was playing better when Doug took over the reigns for RJ but again people tend to forget that as only look at the W/Ls.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
The player drafted in the #9 spot by JAX did alright...RB Fred Taylor.
and we already had Antowain Smith on the roster so I doubt we would have taken Taylor. Instead we might have taken Keith Brooking, Takeo Spikes or Anthony Simmons to play LB considering we took a LB (Sam Cowart) with our top pick in 1998. I'm not saying that anyone of those guys were worse/better than RJ but again consider had we left RJ as starter Flutie's salary would not have ballooned as much in 1999 Bruce Smith could have remained a Bill and Erik Flowers name is never mentioned as a bust. There are so many ways things could have changed had we not given Flutie that job. I realize most don't share in my sentiment but I stated in messages boards then how foolish to keep Fluite at QB especially when he was exposed against the Jets and pretty sure Bill Bellichek as D-coordinator. I maintain it because were those two years of magic really worth the futiliness that followed?

Syderick
03-27-2012, 08:12 PM
RJ lost his job after playing 3.5 games as a Bill. 3.5! He lost his job because of the thought that Doug was the spark for our winning yet the team on the whole was playing better when Doug took over the reigns for RJ but again people tend to forget that as only look at the W/Ls.

3.5 too many then. Of course W/L's are the most important thing to look at. Flutie seem to win games and so did/does Tebow. It was unorthodox, exciting, and it worked. As Belichcks says "Stats are for losers" and Al Davis said "Just Win".

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 08:21 PM
3.5 too many then. Of course W/L's are the most important thing to look at. Flutie seem to win games and so did/does Tebow. It was unorthodox, exciting, and it worked. As Belichcks says "Stats are for losers" and Al Davis said "Just Win".
It worked for about one and a half full NFL seasons when count the amount of games each lasted in Buffalo and Denver respectively. Look at WHY and HOW Doug and Tebow won and you'll soon see why Doug got benched for RJ/Drew Brees and Tebow got benched for Manning. You can only mask poor QB for so long before you start to lose especially if your D and STs don't perform on all cylinders each and every game. Again if someone on the Bills tackles Kevin Dyson does anyone here think RJ would still be treated so poorly? Not likely because it would have meant "he won" an NFL playoff game that something Doug Flutie can never claim to have done.

Beebe
03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I hope they sign T.O. the more drama the better.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
TO was a great player, a damn shame he didn't learn to work the media as well as Doug Flutie could otherwise he might be consider one of the best players we and/or the NFL ever had.

Syderick
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Flutie was benched because someone wanted to play Rob Johnson instead. It was not becasue of poor play. Who knows about Tebow, the jury's still out on him.

better days
03-27-2012, 11:24 PM
It worked for about one and a half full NFL seasons when count the amount of games each lasted in Buffalo and Denver respectively. Look at WHY and HOW Doug and Tebow won and you'll soon see why Doug got benched for RJ/Drew Brees and Tebow got benched for Manning. You can only mask poor QB for so long before you start to lose especially if your D and STs don't perform on all cylinders each and every game. Again if someone on the Bills tackles Kevin Dyson does anyone here think RJ would still be treated so poorly? Not likely because it would have meant "he won" an NFL playoff game that something Doug Flutie can never claim to have done.

Well, Rob Johnson can never claim it either. BUT if Flutie had played in that game, I doubt that a last second tackle would have been needed because the Bills would have had a much larger lead.

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Flutie was benched because someone wanted to play Rob Johnson instead. It was not becasue of poor play. Who knows about Tebow, the jury's still out on him.

Well, Rob Johnson can never claim it either. BUT if Flutie had played in that game, I doubt that a last second tackle would have been needed because the Bills would have had a much larger lead.
Really? as I love Flutie apologist who claim this. Look back and here are the point totals that the Bills scored in the 15 games in which Flutie started: 14, 17, 26, 23, 24, 14, 16, 13, 34, 23, 7, 17, 17, 31, and 13. To predict he'd put up more than 16 points against the Titans is asking a lot if look at the production we had in weeks 11-15 is a bold one and no one can say for sure but based on trending I'd disagree with you.

acehole
03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Really? as I love Flutie apologist who claim this. Look back and here are the point totals that the Bills scored in the 15 games in which Flutie started: 14, 17, 26, 23, 24, 14, 16, 13, 34, 23, 7, 17, 17, 31, and 13. To predict he'd put up more than 16 points against the Titans is asking a lot if look at the production we had in weeks 11-15 is a bold one and no one can say for sure but based on trending I'd disagree with you.

I am not on either side of this debate...I liked watching Flutie play...RJ may have panned out if not for homerun throw up...who gives a frogs fat ass....But one thing has been established on this board a long time ago.... Stats don't mater it is about how you "Feel".

If a player reminds you of Joe Montana...then it becomes true no matter what the stats say.....if the stats say he has a high int to TD ratio...the farmers on this board will say...he is very accurate...if he has a history of being injured...that qualifies him to be tough....if he has a losing college career ...he didn't have enough good players around him...yada yada. So post your opinion..yes...but stats don't mater.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Yes...there's no business like show business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L8HaVwNE_A&feature=related

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 11:51 AM
I am not on either side of this debate...I liked watching Flutie play...RJ may have panned out if not for homerun throw up...who gives a frogs fat ass....But one thing has been established on this board a long time ago.... Stats don't mater it is about how you "Feel".

If a player reminds you of Joe Montana...then it becomes true no matter what the stats say.....if the stats say he has a high int to TD ratio...the farmers on this board will say...he is very accurate...if he has a history of being injured...that qualifies him to be tough....if he has a losing college career ...he didn't have enough good players around him...yada yada. So post your opinion..yes...but stats don't mater.
All I'm saying is people dismissed RJ by looking only at his W/L total but if you look as to why he won or lost a lot can't solely can't be blamed on his play. I bring up a Rams game in 1998 where we gave us a big lead. He got injured late and Flutie came in late but wasn't able to kill the clock and the Rams came back to beat us in the last few minutes. Yet people view as a loss for RJ because they forget Flutie came in late and/or only looking at the scoreboard. People seem to also forget RJ's win against the 49ers that year too in part because it wasn't done by a memorable by a play like Flutie's bootleg against the Jaguars. Again RJ was improving after two horrible games to start the season. People don't want to acknowledge that because it doesn't make as good as a story as the guy tossed aside by the league and is coming off the bench to prove them wrong etc. Again Flutie is a great story but RJ did a pretty good impression of him in that Titans playoff game but people want to dismiss it once again because at the end of the day the Bills lost.

acehole
03-28-2012, 12:16 PM
All I'm saying is people dismissed RJ by looking only at his W/L total but if you look as to why he won or lost a lot can't solely can't be blamed on his play. I bring up a Rams game in 1998 where we gave us a big lead. He got injured late and Flutie came in late but wasn't able to kill the clock and the Rams came back to beat us in the last few minutes. Yet people view as a loss for RJ because they forget Flutie came in late and/or only looking at the scoreboard. People seem to also forget RJ's win against the 49ers that year too in part because it wasn't done by a memorable by a play like Flutie's bootleg against the Jaguars. Again RJ was improving after two horrible games to start the season. People don't want to acknowledge that because it doesn't make as good as a story as the guy tossed aside by the league and is coming off the bench to prove them wrong etc. Again Flutie is a great story but RJ did a pretty good impression of him in that Titans playoff game but people want to dismiss it once again because at the end of the day the Bills lost.

Preaching to choir here...I know this,...same people said only stat that maters is W-L.... qb<Team.

DrGraves
03-28-2012, 12:50 PM
good call... what is your beer of choice there? I usually go with trainwreck or the blueberry blonde for something lighter

trainwreck or sabres edge usually!

better days
03-28-2012, 01:58 PM

Well, WHATEVER, but it is better to be a Flutie apologist than a Rob Johnson apologist because as a Johnson apologist you have MUCH MORE to apologize for.

Why is it all the Rob Johnson fans were also fans of Trent Edwards? They both SUCKED much more than their competition.

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, WHATEVER, but it is better to be a Flutie apologist than a Rob Johnson apologist because as a Johnson apologist you have MUCH MORE to apologize for.

Why is it all the Rob Johnson fans were also fans of Trent Edwards? They both SUCKED much more than their competition.
It's all in how you grade QBs. Me I'd prefer QBs that don't throw interceptions and I also prefer the short to medium passing game to supplement a running game and strong defense.

ddaryl
03-28-2012, 02:38 PM
judging by page 2 of this thread, it looks like the drama is all Bills fans living in the past

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 03:18 PM
judging by page 2 of this thread, it looks like the drama is all Bills fans living in the past
Without the Flutie/RJ debates would Buffalo Bills message boards even exist? and what can I say we're in a lull of the offseason with no much really to debate except who to take in the 1st Round of the draft.

better days
03-28-2012, 06:25 PM
It's all in how you grade QBs. Me I'd prefer QBs that don't throw interceptions and I also prefer the short to medium passing game to supplement a running game and strong defense.

Well, you must be into FANTASY Football. I PREFER to watch the Bills WIN myself.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Former NYJ qb Ken O'Brien is your man. Never give up an interception when a sack will do.

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, you must be into FANTASY Football. I PREFER to watch the Bills WIN myself.
Winning's great but if you're winning with poor play eventally things will catch up with you.

Former NYJ qb Ken O'Brien is your man. Never give up an interception when a sack will do.
The Jets were a pretty good team during O'Brien's run.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Winning's great but if you're winning with poor play eventally things will catch up with you.

Oh yeah - O'Brien was a decent qb, no doubt.

I looked up the '90 draft - Thomas #2, Smith #17.

Lots of clubs would like to turn back the hands of time there.

Like the Bills, who picked CB James Williams at #16... :crap:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=1990&round=round1#round1

better days
03-28-2012, 10:22 PM

Well, give me winning with poor play over losing with great play every Sunday.