PDA

View Full Version : So what's going on at Cornerback?

YardRat
03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
We only have six on the roster at the moment, and Reggie Corner is the only FA...

McGee, Williams, Florence, Rogers, McKelvin and Miller.

I would think we are going to go into camp with at least 9 or 10 to compete for a minimum of six spots.

Would've loved to see them make a run for Corey Graham (Bears), but he's going to Baltimore now.

Might use the first on one (Kirkpatrick?), and they'll probably grab one in the mid-rounds, but really hope they're not planning on getting three in the draft. There doesn't appear to anybody too interesting left in FAgency, but they're going to have to start adding somebody some time.

SABURZFAN
03-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Josh Robinson will probably available in Round 2. Kirkpatrick isn't worth the #10 overall pick. he's not even a top 10 player in this draft.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Josh Robinson will probably available in Round 2. Kirkpatrick isn't worth the #10 overall pick. he's not even a top 10 player in this draft.

ummm, yes he is. dre kikpatrick is an awesome corner. he was all sec his sophmore year and all american this year. he shut down the lsu passing game. he is the best run defender out of all the corners.

nix has said specifically the lsu and alabama secondary is the best it gets, and he went to dres pro day, and they interviewed him. nix also has taken 3 corners in the 1st rd with the chargers, along with taking big fast corners.

nix loves sec players.

nix said there are 2 corners worth the 10 pick

kirkpatrick will be the pick

Oaf
03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I want Claiborne. Or, I'd look to trade down to 15 if I was going Kirk.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I want Claiborne. Or, I'd look to trade down to 15 if I was going Kirk.

Why would Philly want to switch spots with us?

alohabillsfan
03-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Id take J. Jenkins in a trade down

DasBills
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
ummm, yes he is. dre kikpatrick is an awesome corner. he was all sec his sophmore year and all american this year. he shut down the lsu passing game. he is the best run defender out of all the corners.

nix has said specifically the lsu and alabama secondary is the best it gets, and he went to dres pro day, and they interviewed him. nix also has taken 3 corners in the 1st rd with the chargers, along with taking big fast corners.

nix loves sec players.

nix said there are 2 corners worth the 10 pick

kirkpatrick will be the pickThat's nothing to brag about.

DasBills
03-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Id take J. Jenkins in a trade downThe guy certainly has the talent, but he also comes with so much baggage. I just don't think that he fits the profile of the type of player that they are looking for.

Prov401
03-24-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm on the Kirkpatrick train myself.

DrGraves
03-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Mcgee and Florence are too old to cover anyone. CB is easily the biggest hole on the roster IMO.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Dr. Dre at 10

Extremebillsfan247
03-24-2012, 07:00 PM
We only have six on the roster at the moment, and Reggie Corner is the only FA...

McGee, Williams, Florence, Rogers, McKelvin and Miller.

I would think we are going to go into camp with at least 9 or 10 to compete for a minimum of six spots.

Would've loved to see them make a run for Corey Graham (Bears), but he's going to Baltimore now.

Might use the first on one (Kirkpatrick?), and they'll probably grab one in the mid-rounds, but really hope they're not planning on getting three in the draft. There doesn't appear to anybody too interesting left in FAgency, but they're going to have to start adding somebody some time.The Bills will most likely pick up a CB in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft. They won't waste the 10th overall on a CB unless its Claiborne. Personally, I think they are either drafting Jonathan Martin, or Michael Floyd at 10 if they don't trade out. JMO

Ed
03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Nix said they wanted to add 2 corners through free agency or draft. They missed out on Stanford Routt and unless they add someone soon I think you can expect the Bills to use 2 of their picks on CB's. Maybe one earlier and one later.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I think if they can the Bills will trade down and draft BPA which might be kirkpatrick.

The Jokeman
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Nix said they wanted to add 2 corners through free agency or draft. They missed out on Stanford Routt and unless they add someone soon I think you can expect the Bills to use 2 of their picks on CB's. Maybe one earlier and one later.
They missed out on a bunch of CBs. I think getting a CB in Round 1 is nice for the long term but honestly short term and long term I think we need a LT if Bell is not re-signed. Yet if Reiff is gone than it's a matter of just how high to rank Martin. His Stanford proday left some disappointed and makes thing that much more difficult. Which then makes you look at Michael Floyd and Dre Kirkpatrick. I like Floyd a little but a combo of Kirkpatrick and Ruben Randle or Alshon Jeffery sounds better to me than Floyd and Alfonzo Dennard as a 1,2 selection. But then again Kirkpatrick, Lavonte David and Marvin Jones intrigues me to as a 1,2,3. Ideally a trade down wouldn't be a bad thing if we can come away with a pick in Round 3 or better. As to me the only glaring need we have is a starting LT but will we be in position to get one is the question. Then again it's been the question since we traded Peters to Philly.

Tatonka
03-24-2012, 11:50 PM
im totally ok with letting williams, mcelvin, mcgee, and florence fight it out for the starting two spots. we have two vets and two young guys. if we draft someone, fine, but i dont think it is a priority. i think our d line improvements made them even better by default.

jamze132
03-25-2012, 04:48 AM
im totally ok with letting williams, mcelvin, mcgee, and florence fight it out for the starting two spots. we have two vets and two young guys. if we draft someone, fine, but i dont think it is a priority. i think our d line improvements made them even better by default.
Agreed.

Our average DBs just became above average with the new D-line additions. I'm sure Nix will draft a DB within the first 3 rounds who can possible step in immediately to the rotation.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 09:49 AM

i see ur point, but at the same time, the bills are not at a place where they have glaring holes. so they have a guy like florence who is decent. and doesnt make huge mistakes. the point here is to improve and put talent on top of talent...

we need to get BETTER at corner...

kirkpatrick reminds me of chris mccalister. ill take that at 10

tampabay25690
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Id take J. Jenkins in a trade down

If he didnt have the off field crap he is the best CB in the draft.