PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Skins and Cowboys getting their wrist slapped.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Forked from: Skins and Cowboys getting their wrist slapped. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3609815)

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

NFLN crawl says Jones will sue the league, here's a related article...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/jerry-jones-on-cowboys-cap-penalty-nfl-approved-our-contracts/

“There were a lot of things rather than Cowboys cap room that I would have rather leveraged the players union to give the NFL,” Jones said. “There are many things we would have liked to have had that we bargained in the collective bargaining agreement that if you got some leverage you wanted to gain apart from docking the Cowboys $10 million. I can answer that easily.”

Jones hinted that a lawsuit could be coming.

“We will and have expressed that we don’t agree with that,” Jones said. “What we’re doing is a combination procedural and legal and all of that.”

clumping platelets
03-24-2012, 05:11 PM
1-800-cry-baby

don137
03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Jones and Snyder could care less about the league and only care about their team.

YardRat
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
As much as I dislike Jones and Snyder and love seeing them get stuck in the ass, Jerry kind of has a valid point...

“I don’t want to make our case here,” Jones added. “But all of our contracts were approved by the league and you can’t approve a contract that is in violation of league rules. You can’t even get it on the books if it isn’t in sync with league rules (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/03/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-addr.html). So you start there.”

Jan Reimers
03-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Jerry Jones is an arrogant little *****. He and Snyder and Kraft should start their own League of Greedy Bastards.

methos4ever
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
They didn't want to listen to the agreed collusion the other owners signed up for during that period, so they're going to make them pay the price. All the whining in the world won't change that.

TigerJ
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm not a fan of either Jones or Snyder, but everybody tries to take advantage of the rules. Jones and Snyder are just better at it than a lot of people. If they followed the rules, I don't think the league has a case.

MikeInRoch
03-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I hate to say it, but I agree. Seems likes the league had no problem giving them rope without telling them just how much they could use before they hung themselves.

jamze132
03-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Right or wrong, who gives a crap. **** Jones and Snyder.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
correct me if im wrong, but isnt it kind of arbitrary on what amount is overspending during an uncapped year, and then its even more arbitrary to take certain cap space?

oh well, i love to see jerry jones take it up the ass!

Extremebillsfan247
03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
correct me if im wrong, but isnt it kind of arbitrary on what amount is overspending during an uncapped year, and then its even more arbitrary to take certain cap space?

oh well, i love to see jerry jones take it up the ass!Exactly, I was under the impression that both the Redskins and Cowboys were penalized for dumping salaries into the uncapped year which the league warned teams not to do once the last CBA became void. Maybe I'm wrong.

methos4ever
03-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Exactly, I was under the impression that both the Redskins and Cowboys were penalized for dumping salaries into the uncapped year which the league warned teams not to do once the last CBA became void. Maybe I'm wrong.
Nope, you're spot on. Now if the union had known about this prior to the new agreement that would have been a bad thing. Now, the owners will squabble and the PA will keep it in mind when next the owners opt out of this CBA.