PDA

View Full Version : Position Spotlight-Defensive End

YardRat
03-25-2012, 06:04 AM
Who gets signed and added to the list?
Who gets drafted?
Who gets cut, and who makes the final roster?

Mario Williams
Chris Kelsay
Mark Anderson
Shawn Merriman
Dwan Edwards
Spencer Johnson
Alex Carrington
Kyle Moore
Jarron Gilbert

jamze132
03-25-2012, 06:46 AM
I think Kelsay will stick around and I think Carrington will see a lot of action on running downs as he is a big body to help set the edge and will be valuable in a goal line situation where you can load the line with fatties.

Extremebillsfan247
03-25-2012, 07:16 AM
I think its still too early to tell. Free agency for this team is likely to stretch clear into pre season. A lot can still happen between now and the first week of roster cuts. JMO

YardRat
03-25-2012, 07:39 AM
The Giants carried 5 DE's on their SB roster, and didn't lose any to IR throughout the season. Just FYI.

Don't Panic
03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I think Kelsay will stick around and I think Carrington will see a lot of action on running downs as he is a big body to help set the edge and will be valuable in a goal line situation where you can load the line with fatties.

This.

I can't see Edwards staying, unless he moves inside. Spencer Johnson could be a cut too.

YardRat
03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I honestly could see us keeping 6 and not drafting any. If signing Williams didn't push this position way down the priority list, adding Anderson certainly did.

Mario Williams
Chris Kelsay
Mark Anderson
Shawn Merriman
Spencer Johnson
Alex Carrington
-------------------------------
Dwan Edwards
Kyle Moore
Jarron Gilbert

That leaves zero room for a rookie, though.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-25-2012, 10:10 AM
mario
anderson
merriman
draft pick/or kelsay

ublinkwescore
03-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Who gets signed and added to the list?
Who gets drafted?
Who gets cut, and who makes the final roster?

Mario Williams
Chris Kelsay
Mark Anderson
Shawn Merriman
Dwan Edwards
Spencer Johnson
Alex Carrington
Kyle Moore
Jarron Gilbert

Mario Williams
Marc Anderson
Shawne merriman
Alex Carrington
Rookie
Chris Kelsy

that will be our de squad

TigerJ
03-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I think you keep the top four on that list, and possibly one more. Dwan Edwards, Jarron Gilbert, and Alex Carrington are now listed as DTs, so I'm not even thinking about them as DEs at this point. I wouldn't rule out the Bills drafting one more DE, in which case he becomes the last player the Bills keep in that group.

YardRat
03-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I think you keep the top four on that list, and possibly one more. Dwan Edwards, Jarron Gilbert, and Alex Carrington are now listed as DTs, so I'm not even thinking about them as DEs at this point. I wouldn't rule out the Bills drafting one more DE, in which case he becomes the last player the Bills keep in that group.

:rofl: at me...

I wish they'd get their **** together on the official website. I was about to correct you because before posting this in the AM I checked billsdaily depth chart against the official Bills site roster to make sure things matched up, and they did. Now, though, I see they have some of the players swapped around to different positions, not just the ones you pointed out.

Dammit :mad: