PDA

View Full Version : Bell - between Redskins and Bills

ghz in pittsburgh
03-26-2012, 08:27 AM
<SMALL class=time>Bryan Brackney ‏ @bryanbrackney
Demetrius Bell has narrowed his choices between the Redskins and Bills.
</SMALL>
<SMALL class=time>So the Bills are still in it, surprising actually.
</SMALL>

THRILLHO
03-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Redskins are having trouble signing London Fletcher due to salary cap issues. Bell has an offer from us already.

jimbohastle51
03-26-2012, 08:47 AM
bell's offer is likely for the vet min from buffalo. His decision is based on does he take a little more to be a swing tackle (most likely a backup) or take vet min. compete and probably start and try to stay healthy and enter the market after proving his health and ability.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Come home Demetrius and give us your best 5 games of this season.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
We will even throw in a $500 signing bonus and a dozen wings.

ddaryl
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
bell's offer is likely for the vet min from buffalo. His decision is based on does he take a little more to be a swing tackle (most likely a backup) or take vet min. compete and probably start and try to stay healthy and enter the market after proving his health and ability.

no way is it for vet minimum..

an experienced LT that plays well when he is playing is still worth more then vet minimum even if he has a glass jaw

mikemac2001
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
i can't see how resigning him would hurt the team...even if its depth he is solid

Forward_Lateral
03-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Bring London Fletcher back with you.

Thief
03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I would LOVE to sign Bell. Gives us the flexibility to take WR @ 10. Yes please.

Tatonka
03-26-2012, 09:47 AM
they just got trent williams. why in the hell would he want to go there and be a back up?? he is definately not a RT... seems like an easy choice to me.

Night Train
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I won't lose sleep if he signs with the Skins. Due to his penchant for injuries, he cannot be counted on to be a backup, let alone your starter.

LT is still a need.

ParanoidAndroid
03-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Bills are calling his bluff.

stuckincincy
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Bills are calling his bluff.

That may be. Who do they contemplate in replacement?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I won't lose sleep if he signs with the Skins. Due to his penchant for injuries, he cannot be counted on to be a backup, let alone your starter.

LT is still a need.

really? if bell is brought back, i see no reason to draft any oline, at all.

we have 2 great options at LT. yes bell is injury prone, but as a backup, i see no problem with this...

our interior imo, is the best in the league as long as wood has no setbacks.

we have a very good rt vet in pears and a promising potential guy in young.

it literally makes no sense to draft oline, at least not in the first 3 rds

Ed
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM

we have 2 great options at LT. yes bell is injury prone, but as a backup, i see no problem with this...

I guess you missed last season when Bell, Hairston, Wood, and Urbik all missed games due to injuries.

alohabillsfan
03-26-2012, 11:30 AM
So as long as our injury prone olinemen dont get injured we will be fine? Geez. Spring break is over back to school.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I guess you missed last season when Bell, Hairston, Wood, and Urbik all missed games due to injuries.

so we should replace all those players becasue they got hurt??

this makes no sense.

MattyNH
03-26-2012, 11:40 AM
What teams are interested in Bell but he has passed on? The only teams that have had an interest in Bell were the Cards, Skins and Bills and the Cards have a guy so it doesnt seem like Bell has been doing the narrowing.

I am surprised he has not drawn a little more interest but this may work out nicelly for Buffalo

JCBills
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM

What?

Depth is no longer relevant? Isn't that why the team broke down last season?

Bell can't be counted on to stay healthy and isn't with the team. Regardless of him coming back or not OT is a draft need.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 11:45 AM

this makes no sense.

That isn't what he said at all.

Having depth is hugely important.

To claim there is no need for OL at all if Bell comes back is absurd. He goes down again, then what happens? Shuffle the line around again? No thanks, that's when the offense fell to pieces.

The interior has good starters and depth. The outside does not. Its pretty simple. Hairston showed he was OK but nothing to rely on yet.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM

this makes no sense.
Neither do most of your posts.

You realize that Urbik and Levitre are free agents? One of the two won't be here most likely. Bell hasn't played healthy for a while, even when he plays he plays hurt. They'll draft a linemen, Bell isn't some long term solution.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM
What?

Depth is no longer relevant? Isn't that why the team broke down last season?

Bell can't be counted on to stay healthy and isn't with the team. Regardless of him coming back or not OT is a draft need.

we disagree. bell being a backup doesnt put major emphasis on his past injury history becasue he wont be playing...

i like young, brown and rinehart. i see no problem there

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Sam Young....LOL, you haven't even seen him play. What has Brown shown?

You're reaching.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Sam Young....LOL, you haven't even seen him play. What has Brown shown?

You're reaching.

you see there is this thing called reading, and watching tape....

Ed
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM

this makes no sense.
No, I didn't say we should replace them. I want Bell to come back, but I also recognize the importance of having good depth based on last season. Regardless of who starts at LT, whether it be Bell or Hairston, the moment one of them or Pears gets hurt we have no depth at OT. Once again we'd immediately be one play away from Levitre having to move outside again. That's just not ideal. Even if we sign Bell we're still going to draft an OT for depth. There are plenty of prospects with more talent and potential than Young.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
you see there is this thing called reading, and watching tape....
What tape have you seen of Sam Young in the NFL, guys garbage, and if you watch his college tape then you understand why he was taken in the sixth round, flat out garbage.

I'm sure you've watched plenty of tape on Brown, lol.

Nice job with the name calling.

ServoBillieves
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I couldn't care either way. If we have Bell, fantastic, if not, he's going to a mediocre team in a tough division.

It's lose-lose in my opinion, so just choose where the money is.

Mahdi
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
they just got trent williams. why in the hell would he want to go there and be a back up?? he is definately not a RT... seems like an easy choice to me.
Should be an easy choice for Bell. Competition at LT in Buffalo is not to stiff. He can win the job, stay healthy, play well, and ask for a raise.

Cali512
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
I say sign Bell for 2 years, then get draft prospect in the 3rd to stay under Bell. When him and Pears leave in 1-2 years, the 3rd and Hairston take over at T.

Thief
03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Call me crazy but I think a starting #2 WR is more important than being 3 deep at LT.

don137
03-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Bell is a good player but unreliable. He would be great depth. He would be a backup in Washington more than likely and I think he would make a great backup here. LT is too too important position of a position to not have a reliable cornerstone guy playing the position.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Call me crazy but I think a starting #2 WR is more important than being 3 deep at LT.

3 Deep? What single LT do they have, let alone 3?

Hairston was OK but just that.

Ed
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM

I think he means that if we did re-sign Bell he'd rather see the Bills take a WR at #10 than take another LT to compete with Hairston and Bell.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM

LT isnt a sexy position so fans are dismissive, they want the flash player instead.

Like you said, look at the depth chart, there's nothing there. As it stands, Hairston's the starting LT, and he couldn't stay healthy last season. Also doesn't project well at the position, but fans seem to be fine with it.

It's funny, you'd think with the Merriman situation that fans would've learned. Team had very little pass rushing depth, Merriman goes down, so does Kelsay and we're left with two second year guys who hadn't done much. How'd that work out for us in the end?

YardRat
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I still think Hairston will do just fine at LT, but he still has to prove it. If Bell comes back, great...if we draft an LT early, even better.

ParanoidAndroid
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I think regardless of whether Bell signs or not, the Bills should be seiously considering a LT at #10, pehaps more than any other position. Bring back Bell for a year and if he beats out the rookie, start the rook on the right.

tampabay25690
03-26-2012, 03:03 PM

I have to disagree with your whole comment.
Still draft a OT you need depth to win in this league......
If there is a stud there you take him either way...

trapezeus
03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
it isn't just LT, the bills need OL depth at each position. you can't do the shuffle players around bit. we saw what that got us. we need players who have played that position for a while to be drafted and push the competition. the bills with or without bell, aren't in a position to sustain any injuries to succeed on offense.

with bell, you still need RT and definitely a backup center. And no one in back up capacities showed that they were so good they couldn't be replaced. so get new bodies in there and push them.

donald jones looked good while he was playing. his back ups got the ball a little. but that line is priority number 1 in my mind.

Thief
03-26-2012, 03:31 PM
LT isnt a sexy position so fans are dismissive, they want the flash player instead.
It had nothing to do with sexy. It has everything to do with a guy named Donald "Stone Hands" Jones

Hairston was OK but just that.What single LT do they have? Really? You don't need a probowler at every spot. When Bell started Fitz was the least sacked QB in the league last year. Hairston steps in as a rookie and did average. Why draft a rookie to compete with "pretty good" and "average" rather than one to compete with crappy as hell?

Not to mention we have a QB whose entire fortay is getting rid of the ball quick.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
if bell comes back, im sorry but drafting a 3rd left tackle is not that important. its just dumb... hey rds 6 or 7, i dont care....

if we dont sign bell, then yes, we probably need to draft a lt in rds 1 or 2...

why is this so hard for people to understand.

Bert102176
03-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I would LOVE to sign Bell. Gives us the flexibility to take WR @ 10. Yes please.

Floyd, baby

Bert102176
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM

and wasn't Hairston a rookie, let the guy play and see how he does now with a year under his belt.

SABURZFAN
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
the Skins can have him.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 03:52 PM
It had nothing to do with sexy. It has everything to do with a guy named Donald "Stone Hands" Jones

What single LT do they have? Really? You don't need a probowler at every spot. When Bell started Fitz was the least sacked QB in the league last year. Hairston steps in as a rookie and did average. Why draft a rookie to compete with "pretty good" and "average" rather than one to compete with crappy as hell?

Not to mention we have a QB whose entire fortay is getting rid of the ball quick.

Believe me I say that more than most on here.

I've also been one of the few not to be screaming for a 1st round LT every year, I've been looking at actual needs instead of the hot fan pick, which in recent years has been LT.

Bell played great when healthy. Then he didn't play due to health. Now, he's not even on the team.

Hairston did OK at LT. He also got owned a few times, and had some very big "rookie moments" when you watch both the run and pass game.

Can he be a future LT? Sure, maybe. Do we know that? No, and they don't know they'll be able to get Bell back either.

That being said, OT is a need.

Oaf
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
i can't see how resigning him would hurt the team...even if its depth he is solid
I can. We sign him, we likely avoid drafting an OT high. So if he sucks/gets injured, we're out the potential of signing a longterm prospect in 2011. I'd pay more than a penny for the FO's opinion of Hairston right now.

mikemac2001
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I can. We sign him, we likely avoid drafting an OT high. So if he sucks/gets injured, we're out the potential of signing a longterm prospect in 2011. I'd pay more than a penny for the FO's opinion of Hairston right now.

But we draft another long term prospect and we could have a starting OT

So Sign Bell and Draft someone else (both could be stars)
Draft an OT who could be a star and not get help in 2nd pos

Draft an OT who could suck

Sign bell who gets hurt and draft a sucky WR/LB?CB

we dont know what the **** is gonna happen bottom line id rather sign before the draft more options open up

Buffalogic
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Bell is visiting with the packers per pft

YardRat
03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
I think regardless of whether Bell signs or not, the Bills should be seiously considering a LT at #10, pehaps more than any other position. Bring back Bell for a year and if he beats out the rookie, start the rook on the right.

And replace Pears, a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? How dare you.

HAMMER
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
and wasn't Hairston a rookie, let the guy play and see how he does now with a year under his belt.

Exactly. When you draft a guy fairly high and he flashes in his rookie year you don't move to replace him while using another high pick. Players need time to develop, give it time. If the FO feels he is just a depth player then go for it.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
A fourth round pick is not a high selection.

jimbohastle51
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
no way is it for vet minimum..

an experienced LT that plays well when he is playing is still worth more then vet minimum even if he has a glass jaw

sorry, i was typing too quick. I meant type for AROUND league min. league min for a vet with his years in the league i believe is around 450-550k so if they gave him around that with incentives which i believe is the contract they offered him he probably total's out somewhere around 1.25 million for 1 year with a second year option. I could be wrong. he was not an elite tackle by any means when healthy and he has not had just one injury plagued season. use rationale here, if he was an above average LT all around don't you feel a team would have taken a flyer on him already? over half his young career has been plagued by injuries, keep that in mind. If he signs with buffalo i believe you will see that his based salary is around that of the veteran min for a player with his years of experience.

jimbohastle51
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
A fourth round pick is not a high selection.

actually in today's NFL with the level of talent coming out of college i have to disagree. I feel and i am sure most scouts would say that 5-10 years ago the talent level in the 4th round may not have been overall as deep but now in the past few years the talent in the 4th round is pretty high still. honestly i believe 1st-5th are pretty significant rounds. look at the past 5 years drafts and look at just the 4th and 5th rounders drafted and i think you will be surprised what you see.

YardRat
03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
FWIW, this site (thanks to JCBills for the link, BTW) has Bell as the top OT left on the market and #5 FA overall.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/14/top-75-available-free-agents-updated-031412/

An intriguing player, Bell struggled before 2011, but in six games looked every bit the franchise left tackle. Is that body of work enough for a team to take a chance on him? We think not, but the ceiling is high for Bell in a weak tackle market.

Not that I agree with them, however...Bell has never " looked every bit the franchise left tackle"...far from it actually, IMO.

Thief
03-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Believe me I say that more than most on here.

I've also been one of the few not to be screaming for a 1st round LT every year, I've been looking at actual needs instead of the hot fan pick, which in recent years has been LT.

Bell played great when healthy. Then he didn't play due to health. Now, he's not even on the team.

Hairston did OK at LT. He also got owned a few times, and had some very big "rookie moments" when you watch both the run and pass game.

Can he be a future LT? Sure, maybe. Do we know that? No, and they don't know they'll be able to get Bell back either.

That being said, OT is a need.Without Bell, IMHO, we need a tackle in the first round, 100% agree. With Bell I would rather go WR. I like Stevie. I like Nelson in the slot. Our RBs are bad ass. Our line is average. Our #2 outside WR is the weakest one in the league. And, Im not ready to call Chambers the next Dallas Clark. We need more weapons in the passing game to give our Rbs room to run.

X-Era
03-26-2012, 09:03 PM
I'd rather go to the draft.

I'm a bigger Hairston fan than most and I think he may just end up being a solid LT. But, I think Bell is way too injury prone.

I'd like to add a youngster to the mix.

Now, I'm not saying it has to be from round 1.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm not enamored with OT at #10 either.

I like some of the guys projected later, like Mitch Schwartz. Yeah, the other, other PAC 12 OT. He had very good showings against some of college football's better pass rushers.

Watch him silence Coples in the Senior Bowl, or his game vs. Nick Perry.

I honestly think he'll either go earlier than most have him projected, or be a mid round steal for someone.

jamze132
03-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Bell doesn't want to play football as a starter or back-up, he just wants paid. If Washington offers him more to be a backup, that's where he'll go.

methos4ever
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I'd rather go to the draft.

I'm a bigger Hairston fan than most and I think he may just end up being a solid LT. But, I think Bell is way too injury prone.

I'd like to add a youngster to the mix.

Now, I'm not saying it has to be from round 1.
To be fair, Wood is just as prone - but he's a bit of a fan fave so he gets a pass IMO

ddaryl
03-27-2012, 08:30 AM

What single LT do they have? Really? You don't need a probowler at every spot. When Bell started Fitz was the least sacked QB in the league last year. Hairston steps in as a rookie and did average. Why draft a rookie to compete with "pretty good" and "average" rather than one to compete with crappy as hell?

Not to mention we have a QB whose entire foray is getting rid of the ball quick.

Fitz gets rid of the ball quickly because there is little other choice due to the fact that we are average at best at LT, and woefully short on depth at every other OL position.

Hairston is a backup depth player, and most likely will never be a top notch starting LT. Bell is slightly better then average but has a glass jaw. Players like Hairston and Bell should be backups, and our starting LT should be a pro-bowler

No we don't need a probowler at every OL position, but if we want to throw deep and stretch the field that REQUIRES that our OL be able to hold those blocks long enough for those plays to develop, otherwise its 1-2-3 throw. Our running game was solid, but not very consistent either.

the longer our OL can sustain blocks the longer our WR can run around and gain separation the better our offense will be.

look at what opposing O's did to our D because we never were able to get to the QB. QB's sat back for 5 + seconds just awaiting for a WR to get open and move the chains over and over again.

better days
03-27-2012, 10:02 AM
actually in today's NFL with the level of talent coming out of college i have to disagree. I feel and i am sure most scouts would say that 5-10 years ago the talent level in the 4th round may not have been overall as deep but now in the past few years the talent in the 4th round is pretty high still. honestly i believe 1st-5th are pretty significant rounds. look at the past 5 years drafts and look at just the 4th and 5th rounders drafted and i think you will be surprised what you see.

You can go back DECADES & find GOOD players drafted in the 4th rnd. It is still not a HIGH rnd.

ddaryl
03-27-2012, 10:06 AM

we are no where's near 3 deep at LT, and that is the issue. We have 1 FA LT, Bell, who is average, he is a good at pass blocking not so great at run blocking, and is not on this team as of today. We have a utility depth player in Hairston and nobody else. Levitre needs to stay at LG

acehole
03-27-2012, 01:08 PM
we are no where's near 3 deep at LT, and that is the issue. We have 1 FA LT, Bell, who is average, he is a good at pass blocking not so great at run blocking, and is not on this team as of today. We have a utility depth player in Hairston and nobody else. Levitre needs to stay at LG

At this point a great starting #2 WR will have more impact the a Drafted LT.

Not that is isnt important...but our scheme is forgiving on pass blocking and our young guy filled in just fine.

Sign Bell ...draft BAP after that.

Either tackle or WR....or whatever...

YardRat
03-31-2012, 04:47 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Report-Eagles-To-Host-FA-OT-Bell/e8a900ac-b7c2-4238-811d-9cd0b8f2fdec

With the news that left tackle <nobr>Jason Petershttp://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/jason-peters/ec72d58d-b91b-49c1-a477-1caadfd31ade/)</nobr> suffered a ruptured Achilles while training near his home in Texas, the Eagles are reportedly moving quickly to help firm up the offensive line. Howard Eskin has reported that the Eagles will host free agent offensive tackle Demetrius Bell for a visit this weekend (https://twitter.com/#%21/howardeskin/status/185813220949368834).

YardRat
03-31-2012, 05:12 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_789224.html

The Steelers hosted their first free agent since the signing period began when Buffalo Bills left tackle Demetrius Bell visited Friday.

ddaryl
03-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Bell is gone.. His patience by not signing quickly will pay off for him

Skooby
03-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Bell is gone.. His patience by not signing quickly will pay off for him

F-him & the horse he rode in on, if he leaves.

feldspar
03-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Do people realize that Eric Wood has missed around the neighborhood of starts that Bell has over the past thee years? Seriously, I don't hear them complain NEARLY as much about Wood (if at all), and how HE is injury prone and all that. Just sayin'. Two wrongs don't make a right, granted.

Anyway, Bell has done nothing but improve when he has played. He didn't even any organized football until college, where he went on a basketball scholarship. I think he's pretty good, and his best is yet to come.

Skooby
04-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Do people realize that Eric Wood has missed around the neighborhood of starts that Bell has over the past thee years? Seriously, I don't hear them complain NEARLY as much about Wood (if at all), and how HE is injury prone and all that. Just sayin'. Two wrongs don't make a right, granted.

Anyway, Bell has done nothing but improve when he has played. He didn't even any organized football until college, where he went on a basketball scholarship. I think he's pretty good, and his best is yet to come.

The guy is looking for Brinks money, he's done nothing significant to earn that much (yet).

ddaryl
04-01-2012, 08:15 AM

I'm worried about Wood, but when he is healthy he is obviously dominant. his injuries are mounting.

Bell is good, solid, but injuries are mounting, and IMO he has peaked. he is a good pass blocker, but not a great run blocker.

I would love to have Bell back as depth, or stop gap while we groom his replacement. I think we can do better at LT... I also am not enamored with hairston as a starting LT.. He'll get better, but I don't think he will be much better if any better then bell is at LT.

I definitely want to see the Bills continue to invest into or OT/OL positions...

YardRat
04-01-2012, 12:08 PM

Woods contract isn't up yet...just wait and it will be an issue when it is.

I still say a top priority for the oline is a true C to back up Wood, and maybe be able to swing to guard if necessary.

kingJofNYC
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Woods injuries were serious, first one was a freak compound break and then the knee after chasing down an int return. It's not like he pulls hamstrings or dislocates fingers and decides to sit out. His injuries were unavoidable, first one was career threatening. Just needs better luck.

better days
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Woods contract isn't up yet...just wait and it will be an issue when it is.

I still say a top priority for the oline is a true C to back up Wood, and maybe be able to swing to guard if necessary.

This is why I think Decastro would be a good pick at #10. He is being talked about as a potential ELITE OG, could be a pro bowl player for years. I'm sure if he is that good, he could back up Wood at Center as well

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Wake me when the over-self-valued mediocre LT signs somewhere. I'd bring him back but not for a lot of money.

YardRat
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
This is why I think Decastro would be a good pick at #10. He is being talked about as a potential ELITE OG, could be a pro bowl player for years. I'm sure if he is that good, he could back up Wood at Center as well

But that defeats the purpose of the philosophy. You need a true center in the wings so that if the starter goes down you don't have to move your elite guard and ask him to be an average or below center, while also bringing in a second string guard to fill the spot vacated by your elite guard.

Skooby
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
But that defeats the purpose of the philosophy. You need a true center in the wings so that if the starter goes down you don't have to move your elite guard and ask him to be an average or below center, while also bringing in a second string guard to fill the spot vacated by your elite guard.

This is so accurate & completely describes the Bills lack of depth at key positions.

better days
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Well, if the Bills want to draft a true Center LATER in the draft & he can back up at Guard fine, but Decastro is WORTH a #10 pick which no other OL player is except for Kalil.

Goobylal
04-01-2012, 10:53 PM
They have backup centers in Urbik and Brown. DeCastro may be a great OG, but he won't make the offense appreciably better.

better days
04-01-2012, 11:24 PM
They have backup centers in Urbik and Brown. DeCastro may be a great OG, but he won't make the offense appreciably better.

Well, if he won't neither will any other OL player except Kalil. Mike Mayock said aside from Kalil, ALL the other OTs in this draft are not ready to start & should not be drafted before the 20's.

Skooby
04-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Well, if he won't neither will any other OL player except Kalil. Mike Mayock said aside from Kalil, ALL the other OTs in this draft are not ready to start & should not be drafted before the 20's.

I'm not onboard with Mayock fully, he's been wrong before like us all. If he's so F-in smart, he'd be getting paid as an executive instead of a reporter.

YardRat
04-02-2012, 04:57 AM

But that is half-assed. Another starter shouldn't be the primary back-up for another position.

better days
04-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not onboard with Mayock fully, he's been wrong before like us all. If he's so F-in smart, he'd be getting paid as an executive instead of a reporter.

Teams have tried to hire Mayock as an executive. He has turned them down. He gets paid very well to be on TV & has no stress or worries nor does he have to put in the time an NFL exec does.

Of all the "experts" I think Mayock & Jaws are the best myself.

Skooby
04-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Teams have tried to hire Mayock as an executive. He has turned them down. He gets paid very well to be on TV & has no stress or worries nor does he have to put in the time an NFL exec does.

Of all the "experts" I think Mayock & Jaws are the best myself.

Be that as it may, he's a sideliner that reports about activities. I'd like to be an airline pilot but I wouldn't get in a plane with me flying it.

better days
04-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Be that as it may, he's a sideliner that reports about activities. I'd like to be an airline pilot but I wouldn't get in a plane with me flying it.

Well, you most likely know NOTHING about being a pilot. Mayock is an intelligent person & is a former NFL player. He not only knows how to watch film & break it down but he has access to the same film the execs look at unlike most "experts" like McShay & Kiper.

I trust his judgement more than some person on a message board.

Goobylal
04-02-2012, 07:19 AM
The "draft experts" get paid very well to form opinions that don't have any impact on their reps. About half the time these guys are dead wrong, but they can rationalize it as "the player didn't work hard enough." Why take a GM job where you actually have responsibility for your picks?

Skooby
04-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Well, you most likely know NOTHING about being a pilot. Mayock is an intelligent person & is a former NFL player. He not only knows how to watch film & break it down but he has access to the same film the execs look at unlike most "experts" like McShay & Kiper.

I trust his judgement more than some person on a message board.

I like Mayock, it's just that he's not tracking all 32 team's actions accurately as to why they are doing something or not (that's be impossible).

As per people on message boards, it's all just like your opinion man (just like Mayock).

better days
04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
I like Mayock, it's just that he's not tracking all 32 team's actions accurately as to why they are doing something or not (that's be impossible).

As per people on message boards, it's all just like your opinion man (just like Mayock).

Mayock does not track teams, he EVALUATES players. The same thing Nix & the rest of the Bills FO is doing now.

Mayock does not say this team will take that player. He says this player does not have the talent to start in the NFL coming out of college & should not be drafted before the mid 20's. Which is what he said about all the OT's except Kalil.

He did say however that some team may over draft an OT because of the position & needs of the team drafting.

acehole
04-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Redskins are having trouble signing London Fletcher due to salary cap issues. Bell has an offer from us already.

Would love London back here..

Possibly .. we win by losing?