X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Stop guaranteeing guys are going to be cut already

Why in such a rush to cut Kelsay, Mckelvin, and Mcgee???

I don't get it!

• THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Stop guaranteeing guys are going to be cut already

Its the offseason, everyone is playing Madden.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't want to cut anybody. I wish we could have a 84 man roster.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Why in such a rush to cut Kelsay, Mckelvin, and Mcgee???

I don't get it!

Ya lets cut 2 of our CB's that makes sense, i dont understand the thought process im glad mcgee took a pay cut tho. Hopefully mckelvin will make more plays with a better dline (his ball skills are suspect) and kelsay as a backup/rotation guy is perfect

how about cut the players in camp

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

I wish we could cut some people from the Zone

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
            I wish we could cut some people from the Zone
            DON'T YOU DARE CUT ME!!!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I mentioned Kelsay as possibly moving on before opening day. Then several responded by saying " I hated him ".

He can't play LB and I just witnessed 2 DE's with large contracts, signing in the last week. If his salary is 5.25-5.5 Mil as I read recently, that's one expensive backup. Carrington can be the DE backup, in addition to someone else.

Littman needs to make some subtractions from the other side of the ledger and I know all about Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson, in addition to Kelsay. We'll see.

Wanny is the new D Coordinator and we do not know who fits in his D at all. But Kelsay just saw his LDE slot taken over by Mario Williams and the RDE slot went to Mark Anderson, according to Nix.

It's called change and moving in a new direction from a failing scheme. New parts replace old parts.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Dwan Edwards is the most likely casualty

Comment

• methos4ever
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                  I mentioned Kelsay as possibly moving on before opening day. Then several responded by saying " I hated him ".

He can't play LB and I just witnessed 2 DE's with large contracts, signing in the last week. If his salary is 5.25-5.5 Mil as I read recently, that's one expensive backup. Carrington can be the DE backup, in addition to someone else.

Littman needs to make some subtractions from the other side of the ledger and I know all about Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson, in addition to Kelsay. We'll see.

Wanny is the new D Coordinator and we do not know who fits in his D at all. But Kelsay just saw his LDE slot taken over by Mario Williams and the RDE slot went to Mark Anderson, according to Nix.

It's called change and moving in a new direction from a failing scheme. New parts replace old parts.
                  This Littman assumption is what gets me - why does he have to make these mysterious corrections? In the middle of the off-season no less?

And to the point of the lineup, Wannstedt likes 2 full d-lines and quality snaps for a guy like Kelsay is essential to keeping the thing going. If anything they'll keep him and perhaps if after this year get a contract lowered.

His cap is 4.75, with a salary of 3.5 million I believe. That's not bad for a starter and decent for a backup IMO.

I just don't deal in definite "Littman says this guy goes" when we have no evidence other than fan conjecture?

EDIT - One other thing, the Bills are carrying 8 million in dead cap space this year, which will leave in 2013. That is going to be money thrown towards Fred, Levitre and Byrd to most likely hit in 2013, when the money shows up again. Nothing to panic about...
                  Last edited by methos4ever; 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Why do you hate Kelsey?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Why do you hate Kelsey?
                      because he's polish.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

because he's polish.
                        Haa!!! Makes sense!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

Depth was our strong suit last year. Let's cut players.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

I agree. I want the best team period. I don't care if it means keeping a (supposedly) overpaid vet or stunting some young guy (who has yet to prove much) growth.

The concept is easy... Way too many players have hit the IR in the past few years... we need serious depth.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

They are not paying Kelsay over 5 mil to be a backup.
                              Sp. Johnson and D. Edwards are gone.
                              McGee will come down to his health
                              McKelvin isn't going anywhere for this season. He's on his last chance though.

Comment

Working...
                              X