PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live Playing "Name The Backup"

ServoBillieves
03-26-2012, 03:59 PM
The longest thought process began with the Bills. Hoge says "Thigpen?" They both agree, then the female "host" says "no, that's not right, it's Brad Smith"

Did I miss something? Is Thigpen not on the team anymore? Is Smith officially a QB? I'm dumbfounded by this, even by ESPN standards (which is about the IQ of an NBA center)

I really love how the media pays attention to the Bills. It blows my mind that people study for years in college to be journalists or communications majors and ex-millionaire football players get to take their positions...

I mean I hate to complain, but that's just asinine. We really need more Tebow by the way.

mikemac2001
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
its bc thigpen sucks...smith is the 3rd QB on the roster

ServoBillieves
03-26-2012, 04:14 PM
its bc thigpen sucks...smith is the 3rd QB on the roster

That's my point. Before hand they said that 3rd string QB's didn't count. So when they said Thigpen (aka the #2 QB) they said 'NOPE! WRONG MORON!' and said that our gimmick WR/Wildcat/RB/Returner/occasional QB/16 is our #2? That kind of seems like a slap in the face.

SquishDaFish
03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I dont watch anything on espn unless a game is on. They suck

more cowbell
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Espn is completely unacceptable ...now for EVERY sport

mayotm
03-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Espn is completely unacceptable ...now for EVERY sportThey still have some pretty good college basketball analysts. Jay Bilas is excellent.

YardRat
03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Smith is the better option anyway. Thigpen blows.

HAMMER
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
So many experts here it's mind numbing.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I dont watch anything on espn unless a game is on. They suck
Totally agree. They don't even have hotties on anymore.

PTI
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
They could have named every QB on the roster as a backup in reality.

ServoBillieves
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
So many experts here it's mind numbing.

ESPN 'anchors' are experts? I've got some reading to catch up on then don't I?

Bert102176
03-26-2012, 08:20 PM
probably said it cause he is in for the wildcat, as to where Tyler doesn't see the field

Joe Fo Sho
03-26-2012, 08:51 PM
They could have named every QB on the roster as a backup in reality.

PTI doesn't like Fitz.

trapezeus
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
ESPN's problem is that it's become a jock infested talk show channel.

ESPN news is what espn used to be. just show the highlights in a loop so that people can turn it on and see what they want and move on.

Primetime and gameday are unwatchable because they have so many segments. Do i really need to see former players in suits on studio painted field moving in slow motion to show something when they could just spot shadow like 14 actual game situations?

it's just become a place where retired players can continue to act like they are in a locker room. It's tiring. A lot of bickering about hyped up stories like tebow or the saints story.

NFL network and NHL network are nice because they keep the sport at the forefront.

better days
03-27-2012, 09:57 AM
They still have some pretty good college basketball analysts. Jay Bilas is excellent.

Well, I haven't watched basketball since the Braves moved from Buffalo & ESPN's coverage of the NHL is just about non existent.

trapezeus
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
that's why i like NHL network. after work, it's almost always on NHL live and they cut into the game, and their highlights are the actual announcers from the game. So you have a feel for what is happening int he highlights.

they sometimes get too into the break downs and interviews, but their commercial breaks are barely 2 minutes and you usually get a lot out of it with 15 minutes of watching.

and especially now with the playoff races so close, they cut away to several games. it's almost like the redzone channel. admittedly, if i cared at all about the west, i'd be more into their cut away that i already am.

I don't need to watch ESPN and here about some basketball player talking about disrespect with being offered a few million dollars to play a game where the goal is literally 2 feet away from his outstretched arms.

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
ESPN's problem is that it's become a jock infested talk show channel.

ESPN news is what espn used to be. just show the highlights in a loop so that people can turn it on and see what they want and move on.

Primetime and gameday are unwatchable because they have so many segments. Do i really need to see former players in suits on studio painted field moving in slow motion to show something when they could just spot shadow like 14 actual game situations?

it's just become a place where retired players can continue to act like they are in a locker room. It's tiring. A lot of bickering about hyped up stories like tebow or the saints story.

NFL network and NHL network are nice because they keep the sport at the forefront.

Merrill Hoge really needs to get on a plane to Hong Kong and have a suit custom tailored for him.

trapezeus
03-27-2012, 11:22 AM
or simply just get a normal tie that knots smaller than the size of his head.

Cali512
03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
The way you become a reporter is you have to know people. Which means rich people, which means they do what they want, and research the teams they want.