X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DFlo
    • Mar 2011

2012 NFL Mock Draft

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think!

Of course Nix comes out and says we aren't going OT early just as I finish my mock...

Anyways, have at it fellas
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

If Coples is on the board and we take Reiff I'll be mad about it

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

trade up for matt kalil.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
        trade up for matt kalil.

With who? Min isnt trading out of a pick. They want Kalil why would they give him up for no reason.
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

How do you know they want Kalil? Cleveland

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Not a bad draft, but I really dislike the Reiff pick. I don't personally view him as an LT prospect, and the team already has a solid player locked down at RT. If Coples is indeed still there, he has to be the pick. That guy has top five type talent, and if he can get the motor going, he'll be a hell of a pro.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
              How do you know they want Kalil? Cleveland
              So you'd give up our first rounder next year, and a pick this year, to move up to number 4 or 3?

**** no to Coples, I'd rather take a corner.
              Last edited by kingJofNYC; 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                So you'd give up our first rounder next year, and a pick this year, to move up to number 4 or 3?

**** no to Coples, I'd rather take a corner.
                I'm interested in your logic here.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  My logic is that he disappeared for long stretches against inferior competition. I guess it's the same logic Mayock has when he says he'd be afraid to take him in the top 20, or even in the first. Boom or bust player. Where's the consistency?

When he's played well, he's done it against inferior competition. Dominating Zebrie Sanders or Datko is not something to be proud of. He had 7.5 sacks last year, 2 of those came against Duke, the other 2 against James Madison. Half of his production came against scrubs.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

The team has an LE in Williams.

Coples isn't exactly ideal for RE and probably isn't a double digit sack guy.

Carrington should be a solid #2 LE as it was his natural position prior to the 3-4 shuffle. There are now bigger needs than DE with the FA additions. Coples isn't a can't pass up prospect either. He leaves a lot to be desired.

CB, OLB, OT, TE, and QB are the 5 biggest needs in no order, IMO. Balance need and value with moving back if needed, but don't overdraft for a seemingly now minor need.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                      My logic is that he disappeared for long stretches against inferior competition. I guess it's the same logic Mayock has when he says he'd be afraid to take him in the top 20, or even in the first. Boom or bust player. Where's the consistency?

When he's played well, he's done it against inferior competition. Dominating Zebrie Sanders or Datko is not something to be proud of. He had 7.5 sacks last year, 2 of those came against Duke, the other 2 against James Madison. Half of his production came against scrubs.
                      Honestly, playing in that conference, when has he had a lot of opportunities to play against elite competition. There's no doubt that he wasn't overly consistent, it was obvious at times that he was playing not to get hurt. I think he makes all the sense in the world for the Bills, the guy can play any position along the DL. But none of this matters, there's an incredibly good chance that he's long gone by the time the Bills are up to draft.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
                        The team has an LE in Williams.

Coples isn't exactly ideal for RE and probably isn't a double digit sack guy.

Carrington should be a solid #2 LE as it was his natural position prior to the 3-4 shuffle. There are now bigger needs than DE with the FA additions. Coples isn't a can't pass up prospect either. He leaves a lot to be desired.

CB, OLB, OT, TE, and QB are the 5 biggest needs in no order, IMO. Balance need and value with moving back if needed, but don't overdraft for a seemingly now minor need.
                        I agree with your positions of need, but if Coples it he best player available, you take him. If the Bills draft him, they will not be assigning him a particular position, at least not for the first year or two. He'll be playing along all four DL spots.

Comment

• JCBills
                          • Jan 2010

I agree with your positions of need, but if Coples it he best player available, you take him. If the Bills draft him, they will not be assigning him a particular position, at least not for the first year or two. He'll be playing along all four DL spots.
                          I don't think he's BPA at #10 because there are more than 9 better players than him.

If need didn't come close to matching BPA, try to deal the pick or balance the two and go to the next BPA or need.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

I like the work you did. But no way Coples or Blackmon drp that far both will be gone in top 7

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

part of the reason that the Bills picked up 2 FA DEs is because they don't believe Couples will fall to 10. There isn't at elite rusher in this class, so the FAs were signed. Now if he falls, you draft him.

Can you imagine MD, Mario, Anderson, & Couples rushing the passer on 3rd downs? It will be as formidable as the Giants pass rush.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X