PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Mock Draft

DFlo
03-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the end of the season/pre-combine.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html)

Let me know what you think!

Of course Nix comes out and says we aren't going OT early just as I finish my mock...

Anyways, have at it fellas

Buffalogic
03-26-2012, 09:49 PM
If Coples is on the board and we take Reiff I'll be mad about it

BertSquirtgum
03-26-2012, 10:10 PM
trade up for matt kalil.

Cali512
03-26-2012, 10:15 PM
trade up for matt kalil.

With who? Min isnt trading out of a pick. They want Kalil why would they give him up for no reason.

BertSquirtgum
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
How do you know they want Kalil? Cleveland

gr8slayer
03-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Not a bad draft, but I really dislike the Reiff pick. I don't personally view him as an LT prospect, and the team already has a solid player locked down at RT. If Coples is indeed still there, he has to be the pick. That guy has top five type talent, and if he can get the motor going, he'll be a hell of a pro.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 10:41 PM
How do you know they want Kalil? Cleveland

So you'd give up our first rounder next year, and a pick this year, to move up to number 4 or 3?

**** no to Coples, I'd rather take a corner.

gr8slayer
03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
So you'd give up our first rounder next year, and a pick this year, to move up to number 4 or 3?

I'm interested in your logic here.

kingJofNYC
03-26-2012, 10:47 PM

My logic is that he disappeared for long stretches against inferior competition. I guess it's the same logic Mayock has when he says he'd be afraid to take him in the top 20, or even in the first. Boom or bust player. Where's the consistency?

When he's played well, he's done it against inferior competition. Dominating Zebrie Sanders or Datko is not something to be proud of. He had 7.5 sacks last year, 2 of those came against Duke, the other 2 against James Madison. Half of his production came against scrubs.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM

The team has an LE in Williams.

Coples isn't exactly ideal for RE and probably isn't a double digit sack guy.

Carrington should be a solid #2 LE as it was his natural position prior to the 3-4 shuffle. There are now bigger needs than DE with the FA additions. Coples isn't a can't pass up prospect either. He leaves a lot to be desired.

CB, OLB, OT, TE, and QB are the 5 biggest needs in no order, IMO. Balance need and value with moving back if needed, but don't overdraft for a seemingly now minor need.

gr8slayer
03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
My logic is that he disappeared for long stretches against inferior competition. I guess it's the same logic Mayock has when he says he'd be afraid to take him in the top 20, or even in the first. Boom or bust player. Where's the consistency?

When he's played well, he's done it against inferior competition. Dominating Zebrie Sanders or Datko is not something to be proud of. He had 7.5 sacks last year, 2 of those came against Duke, the other 2 against James Madison. Half of his production came against scrubs.
Honestly, playing in that conference, when has he had a lot of opportunities to play against elite competition. There's no doubt that he wasn't overly consistent, it was obvious at times that he was playing not to get hurt. I think he makes all the sense in the world for the Bills, the guy can play any position along the DL. But none of this matters, there's an incredibly good chance that he's long gone by the time the Bills are up to draft.

gr8slayer
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
The team has an LE in Williams.

Coples isn't exactly ideal for RE and probably isn't a double digit sack guy.

Carrington should be a solid #2 LE as it was his natural position prior to the 3-4 shuffle. There are now bigger needs than DE with the FA additions. Coples isn't a can't pass up prospect either. He leaves a lot to be desired.

CB, OLB, OT, TE, and QB are the 5 biggest needs in no order, IMO. Balance need and value with moving back if needed, but don't overdraft for a seemingly now minor need.
I agree with your positions of need, but if Coples it he best player available, you take him. If the Bills draft him, they will not be assigning him a particular position, at least not for the first year or two. He'll be playing along all four DL spots.

JCBills
03-26-2012, 11:11 PM
I agree with your positions of need, but if Coples it he best player available, you take him. If the Bills draft him, they will not be assigning him a particular position, at least not for the first year or two. He'll be playing along all four DL spots.

I don't think he's BPA at #10 because there are more than 9 better players than him.

If need didn't come close to matching BPA, try to deal the pick or balance the two and go to the next BPA or need.

SquishDaFish
03-27-2012, 03:11 AM
I like the work you did. But no way Coples or Blackmon drp that far both will be gone in top 7

Mike
03-27-2012, 03:44 AM
part of the reason that the Bills picked up 2 FA DEs is because they don't believe Couples will fall to 10. There isn't at elite rusher in this class, so the FAs were signed. Now if he falls, you draft him.

Can you imagine MD, Mario, Anderson, & Couples rushing the passer on 3rd downs? It will be as formidable as the Giants pass rush.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 07:08 AM
I like the work you did. But no way Coples or Blackmon drp that far both will be gone in top 7

I actually think Blackmon will fall for several reasons, tradedowns are the main reason.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-27-2012, 07:28 AM

I have seen many mocks where Coples is not in the top 10, tell us what we don't know. How is he "no way" making it out of the top 7?

k-oneputt
03-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Yes exactly. If you think Kalil can be a pro bowl type left tackle for the next ten years then that trade would be a steal.

Coples reminds me of another d-end we drafted in the mid-80's. That guy finally got his head out of his ass and the rest was history.

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Kalil would be worth it. Especially since we'll have a high first round pick next year.

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I actually think Blackmon will fall for several reasons, tradedowns are the main reason.

His attitude strikes me as less than charming...

kingJofNYC
03-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Yes exactly. If you think Kalil can be a pro bowl type left tackle for the next ten years then that trade would be a steal.

Coples reminds me of another d-end we drafted in the mid-80's. That guy finally got his head out of his ass and the rest was history.

Coples had 4 more sacks in his entire career than Smith had his junior year. Think about that for a minute, they're not even on the same planet. Smith's career numbers are a few sacks short of doubling Coples career production.

You're not giving Smith enough credit.

k-oneputt
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Same type of personaility.
Bruce's first couple of years were underachieving. He had all the physical abilities and he then decided to get in shape and totally commit to football.

Maybe Coples will do that, and again maybe he won't, but if he's there at #10 I hope they take him. I think he will come around being around players like Mario, Kyle, and Dareus.

TigerJ
03-27-2012, 09:44 PM
From the Bills' perspective, Reiff is a pretty conventional pick. Most mocks being generated now have the Bills picking Reiff, with a few going to Floyd and one or two toward Martin. I think most of the reservations toward Reiff have to do with arm length, considered adequate but not ideal. Most observers think he'll be fine at left tackle, and I'm inclined to agree. I also agree with you in that Martin's ceiling might be a little higher, but his poor showing in the bench press hurt him. If the Bills elect to go with a tackle at #10 is a question of whether they go with safety (Reiff) or ceiling (Martin). Then of course, they could surprise everyone and go with Cordy Glenn who has it all over both of them in terms of measurables, but whom many project to guard.

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
From the Bills' perspective, Reiff is a pretty conventional pick. Most mocks being generated now have the Bills picking Reiff, with a few going to Floyd and one or two toward Martin. I think most of the reservations toward Reiff have to do with arm length, considered adequate but not ideal. Most observers think he'll be fine at left tackle, and I'm inclined to agree. I also agree with you in that Martin's ceiling might be a little higher, but his poor showing in the bench press hurt him. If the Bills elect to go with a tackle at #10 is a question of whether they go with safety (Reiff) or ceiling (Martin). Then of course, they could surprise everyone and go with Cordy Glenn who has it all over both of them in terms of measurables, but whom many project to guard.

Good call on Glenn. I've also seen the rankings about him in a tackle spot. Seems they are pretty much all over the map.

Bert102176
03-28-2012, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=Mike]part of the reason that the Bills picked up 2 FA DEs is because they don't believe Couples will fall to 10. There isn't at elite rusher in this class, so the FAs were signed. Now if he falls, you draft him.

Can you imagine MD, Mario, Anderson, & Couples rushing the passer on 3rd downs? It will be as formidable as the Giants pass rush.[/QUOT

I been saying I don't think any of the DL players in this draft are worth top 15