PDA

View Full Version : Luke Kuechly

Mike
03-27-2012, 02:54 AM
How good is ILB Luke Kuechly?

jamze132
03-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Good enough to start on 20+ teams from the get go.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Good enough to start on 20+ teams from the get go.

Including ours in the 20 + ?

ghz in pittsburgh
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Very much Poz like in college. Not as much injury prone though.

Very Good. But I don't see Urlacher in him.

tampabay25690
03-27-2012, 07:56 AM
The thing I like about him is he can play all 3 LB spots in a 4-3 this might be a intruiging pick for the Bills......

RandolphDuke
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Yes, I see him as a Poz/Urlacher/Conlan/Zach Thomas/Romanowski/AJ Hawk type of player.

ThunderGun
03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Yes, I see him as a Poz/Urlacher/Conlan/Zach Thomas/Romanowski/AJ Hawk type of player.

Did you just name every white LB you could think of?

ghz in pittsburgh
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM

You see color; I look for speed.

jamze132
03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Including ours in the 20 + ?
Yes.

RandolphDuke
03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Did you just name every white LB you could think of?
Congrats, you got the joke.

Mike
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM

which one. poz is not worth 10th overal pick, urlacher and thomas are. hawk is considered average at best, not worth the top 10 pick he was.

DesertFox24
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Kuechly is good enough to play all three LB spots in Wannstadts 43.

Based on what Nix said I would expect our pick at 10 to be either OT, Kuechly, or Stephon Gilmore.

Turf
03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
If Keuchy is there the Bills will take him, thats been my pick.

we are
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
You see color; I look for speed.

Kuechly runs pretty fast no?

gr8slayer
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see him add some bulk, but I'd take him.

Beebe
03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Dont'a Hightower
INSIDE LINEBACKER
SCOUTS GRADE
Grading Scale
Alabama
SCHOOL
SEC
CONFERENCE
6'2¼"
HEIGHT
265 lbs
WEIGHT
32.5"
ARM LENGTH
9.6"
HAND SIZE
OVERALL RANK
POSITIONAL RANK
I like him better for some reason plus he can pass rush.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Dont'a Hightower
INSIDE LINEBACKER
SCOUTS GRADE
Grading Scale
Alabama
SCHOOL
SEC
CONFERENCE
6'2¼"
HEIGHT
265 lbs
WEIGHT
32.5"
ARM LENGTH
9.6"
HAND SIZE
OVERALL RANK
POSITIONAL RANK
I like him better for some reason plus he can pass rush.

The Bills need an OLB who can cover TES and move sideline to sideline to make tackles. I don't see that in Hightower plus he seems a bit big for the 4-3. Look for us to take a guy in the 230-240 weight class to compete with Morrison at SLB yet more likely in Round 2 or after than 1 IMHO.

gr8slayer
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Dont'a Hightower
INSIDE LINEBACKER
SCOUTS GRADE
Grading Scale
Alabama
SCHOOL
SEC
CONFERENCE
6'2¼"
HEIGHT
265 lbs
WEIGHT
32.5"
ARM LENGTH
9.6"
HAND SIZE
OVERALL RANK
POSITIONAL RANK
I like him better for some reason plus he can pass rush.I'm kind of torn here. While Hightower might have the better upside from a physical standpoint, I feel like Kuechly is a safer bet, especially in the 4-3.

gr8slayer
03-27-2012, 08:11 PM
The Bills need an OLB who can cover TES and move sideline to sideline to make tackles. I don't see that in Hightower plus he seems a bit big for the 4-3. Look for us to take a guy in the 230-240 weight class to compete with Morrison at SLB yet more likely in Round 2 or after than 1 IMHO.Weight doesn't really have anything to do with it, if you're an outstanding athlete. Take Brian Urlacher for example, he's been reported to be upwards of 265 at various points in his career, but because he's such a great athlete, he's been amazing. I don't look at Hightower and see the same type of athlete, he's a little too "stiff" in the hips IMO.

Beebe
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm kind of torn here. While Hightower might have the better upside from a physical standpoint, I feel like Kuechly is a safer bet, especially in the 4-3.

Yeah me to but I think Hightower would add more to stopping the run game because we have Scott and Wilson ,Byrd for the TE.

RandolphDuke
03-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I have watched every down of football that Kuechly played at Boston College. When he was a frosh, he looked like he weighed under 220. Given his size and speed, I though he could have played safety. At LB, the kid was everywhere on every play. Crazy instincts and great speed.

Then, the coaching staff wanted him to bulk up and move to middle. I really thought the additional size would slow him down a step, but it had zero impact other than helping on run D and with shedding blockers.

Then, I read that NFL scouts wanted to see him get even bigger. And he did. And he crushed the 40 at the combine.

He is a great, intelligent kid as well. Doesn't swear. Doesn't drink. He'll probably pick up pro schemes in a heartbeat. Really smart player. Usually when you see kids with that much speed and instinct, they'll over-pursue or get caught cheating out of position and they'll get burned on a reverse or play action. Didn't see a lot of that with Keeks.

His numbers were inflated a bit by the fact that BC's defense was ALWAYS on the field and the DLine was underwhelming. But still, he moves sideline to sideline amazingly and can drop into coverage as well as any LB out there.

He's not going to be the kind of LB who is terrorizing QB's or knocking people's heads off at the line of scrimmage, but he will be disruptive and involved in every single play. Really sound tackler too.

Haven't seen much of the kid from Bama so I can't compare them. If the Bills are hell bent on LB at 10, Kuechly would be a solid pick.

Night Train
03-28-2012, 04:44 AM

Nothing like Poz. More speed and not afraid to hit the hole. Actually can cover downfield.

The Poz comparison is terrible.

Tatonka
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
the kid is a really good tackler and has good speed but the one thing i dont like about him is that he doesn't make many impact plays. he runs to the ball and tackles his guy, but he is no patrick willis, if that is what you are asking for. i think taking him at 10 would be a mistake.

ddaryl
03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
The Knock on Kuechly is he is very Poz like. Many of his tackles are 5- 8 yards down field. That is the 1st impression I get when reading the reports. However doesn't account for the DL in front of hin in college, which I am ignorant on

Although he has shows some ability to make a tackle for a loss, he makes more of his tackles down field. DOesn't always take the best angles etc.

Positives are he is a sure tackler, hard working, 110% football all the time guy, and he set the high marks in the majority of his combine workouts for ILB's

that being said he is the best MLB in the draft for a 4-3... The question now becomes can he or Sheppard play OLB in a 4-3 if needed.

We need LB depth, We only have 2 ILB's on the roster, our depth at all LB positions needs to be improved

The last buffalo fan
03-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I have been watching this guy on youtube vids, and the guy looks a bit slow to me and making solo tackles the way Poz makes them, at least two yards after first contact.

ServoBillieves
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Having actually watched him play I'm a fan. The line in front of him was an abomination, with a legit line and some 1 on 1 matchups with the ball carrier, he will be a solid tackler and I think he can jump right in.

That being said, we drafted Kelvin for a reason, and he's lived up to the challenge IMHO very well. I admit that I'm a typical "draftnik" in the fact that I usually just watch youtube highlights or ESPN to see the good and most of the time overlook the bad (that's what Draftboy is for), but 2 players I have had my eye on since moving to the south (where college football is... well unbelievably hyped); I've watched Kuechly when able, but...

Tank Carder. That kid is ridiculous. He's fast, he has great awareness, and I think he'll be there in the 3rd or 4th round. Also, his first name is Tank. I've seen him a couple times I watched him play against Baylor, SDSU and New Mexico. There is plenty to improve on, such as fundamental tackling but he covers well and he can also play all 3 positions.

I'd prefer OT, DB, or WR in the first (in that order), then one that wasn't addressed in the second, and bolster the rest in later rounds.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes.

Well then he's our guy.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Well then he's our guy.

Yes. Especially if we acquire two players named Fran and Ollie. We'd be media darlings.

And, come Christmas time, we could bake Kuechly Kuchen.

I see nothing but upside.

X-Era
03-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I will agree that at 10 we should be getting a Patrick Willis type.

However, with only 3 LB's on the field each has more ground to cover and has to be more productive. Keuchley can do both.

I feel like the addition of Keuchley could move our average yards per play down a solid yard just in his ability to be at the play much quicker and his ability to tackle.

I don't think we will go this way. I really think it will be a OT, CB, WR. I really think it could be Floyd.

better days
03-28-2012, 08:05 PM
I have watched every down of football that Kuechly played at Boston College. When he was a frosh, he looked like he weighed under 220. Given his size and speed, I though he could have played safety. At LB, the kid was everywhere on every play. Crazy instincts and great speed.

Then, the coaching staff wanted him to bulk up and move to middle. I really thought the additional size would slow him down a step, but it had zero impact other than helping on run D and with shedding blockers.

Then, I read that NFL scouts wanted to see him get even bigger. And he did. And he crushed the 40 at the combine.

He is a great, intelligent kid as well. Doesn't swear. Doesn't drink. He'll probably pick up pro schemes in a heartbeat. Really smart player. Usually when you see kids with that much speed and instinct, they'll over-pursue or get caught cheating out of position and they'll get burned on a reverse or play action. Didn't see a lot of that with Keeks.

His numbers were inflated a bit by the fact that BC's defense was ALWAYS on the field and the DLine was underwhelming. But still, he moves sideline to sideline amazingly and can drop into coverage as well as any LB out there.

He's not going to be the kind of LB who is terrorizing QB's or knocking people's heads off at the line of scrimmage, but he will be disruptive and involved in every single play. Really sound tackler too.

Haven't seen much of the kid from Bama so I can't compare them. If the Bills are hell bent on LB at 10, Kuechly would be a solid pick.

Well, I heard John Clayton say pick #12 was too high for him to be drafted by the Seahawks so I would say HELL NO to #10 by the Bills. If the Bills trade down & get him in the 20's that MAYBE ok.

alohabillsfan
03-28-2012, 08:14 PM
If he isn’t Patrick Willis then no, you are settling for the best player available at a position. And LB has to be an impact type player at 10 not just versatile. I say take Kirkpatrick/Gilmore and that improves our defense and give our new dline additional time to get to the QB.

jamze132
03-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Well then he's our guy.
I would love it.

X-Era
03-29-2012, 06:16 AM
If he isn’t Patrick Willis then no, you are settling for the best player available at a position. And LB has to be an impact type player at 10 not just versatile. I say take Kirkpatrick/Gilmore and that improves our defense and give our new dline additional time to get to the QB.I agree with this premise as well. CB is a big need and could be our top pick. Id be fine with that too.

Mike
03-30-2012, 04:42 AM
No to LBer that high unless he can be great!

Its a Passing League! NFL is all about QB, OT/DE, WR/Secondaries, then RB/LBers. RB and LB are loosing value in this pass happy NFL. Its all about throwing the pigskin. So unless you are Patrick Willis type of prospect no to LB in top 10.