PDA

View Full Version : My prediction: Bills will select OT Mike Adams

Forward_Lateral
03-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I just have a feeling that this is the tackle Buddy is going to draft. I think they move down 5-10 spots and draft him, or if there are no takers for trading down, they take him at 10.

If he didn't have the off-field problems at OSU, he'd be the best tackle in the draft, IMO.

ddaryl
03-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Not at #10 IMO... He might even be there in the 2nd rd, probably not but could be

His combine workout was pretty weak. He will need developement to be a pro LT, and that is what we need the most.

Ed
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Talk about a major reach at #10.

EDS
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I just have a feeling that this is the tackle Buddy is going to draft. I think they move down 5-10 spots and draft him, or if there are no takers for trading down, they take him at 10.

If he didn't have the off-field problems at OSU, he'd be the best tackle in the draft, IMO.

I agree that Adams fits Buddy's profile as far as what he wants in a tackle but can't imagine a scenario where he is the pick at 10.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 12:19 PM
He'll be there late first round, trade back to there if we want this guy.

Mahdi
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Nix took a similar player in the second round a few years ago that turned out to be a PBer. Marcus McNeil.

Don't think he takes an OT in round 1.

Bill Cody
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM
If we take a tackle at 10 my money is on Riley Reiff of Iowa

Forward_Lateral
03-27-2012, 01:46 PM

He's a reach, too, IMO.

k-oneputt
03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Nix took a similar player in the second round a few years ago that turned out to be a PBer. Marcus McNeil.

Don't think he takes an OT in round 1.

McNeil played in the SEC, Adams in the Big -10.
Buddy seems to like the Southern boys.

DesertFox24
03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
You guys need to look at the tackle from Cal, Schwartz (I think). He is someone the bills will look at in round 2.

I see the bills going Floyd, Gilmore, Kuechly at 10.

Personally I want Kuechly because I think he will be a stud and if the Mario Williams signing showed us anything we need more studs on this team to win.

I would then get another corner, and two tackles like buddy was talking about. I would also try to get a center late like 7th late. A center guard player to compete with Colin Brown and that Wisconsin guard on our practice squad.

Bill Cody
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
He's a reach, too, IMO.

Not really. He's ranked as the 2nd best OT in the draft. Just saw a mock that had him going to Jacksonville at 7.

CleveSteve
03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I think that would be a reach. Big drop off after Kalil IMO, but tackles always seem to get overdrafted. Adams was too inconsistent at tOSU IMO (and I'm a tOSU fan) to go 10, regardless of the stupid tattoo garbage.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2012, 05:06 PM
i hope they can trade down to the end of the 1st round if they draft him. #10 is a tremendous reach for this guy. JMO

YardRat
03-27-2012, 05:32 PM

No, no, no....please no.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm tired of trading UP. Let's trade DOWN for once. I mean yes it's nice to have top 10 talent but sadly some of our recent high picks haven't lived up to their billing. See Spiller, McKelvin, Maybin and Whitner as examples.

LVGrown
03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm tired of trading UP. Let's trade DOWN for once. I mean yes it's nice to have top 10 talent but sadly some of our recent high picks haven't lived up to their billing. See Spiller, McKelvin, Maybin and Whitner as examples.

I don't think you can put Spiller in that grouping of players just yet.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't think you can put Spiller in that grouping of players just yet.
Considerding we had Jackson and Lynch on the roster I will. I was calling for Bulaga and/or Dez Bryant in that draft. In retrospect I think the combo of Lynch/Jackson and either of the those guys rank better than Spiller/Jackson and Hairston.

Bill Cody
03-28-2012, 09:26 AM

It's not the spot we drafted it was the folks doing the drafting. If we had traded down for more picks we would have just increased the number of busts. A dart throwing monkey with a draft guide open would have made better choices. Nix is responsible for Spiller but not the others. I still hold out hope he knows how to draft.

tampabay25690
03-28-2012, 09:51 AM

IMO Adams will be a better LT then Reiff.
I don't think Reiff can be a LT from day 1, great run blocker just like the rest of the Iowa Tackles.
I actually like Jonathon Martin better then Reiff as a LT prospect.

tampabay25690
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
i hope they can trade down to the end of the 1st round if they draft him. #10 is a tremendous reach for this guy. JMO
I agree you dont take him at 10

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
IMO Adams will be a better LT then Reiff.
I don't think Reiff can be a LT from day 1, great run blocker just like the rest of the Iowa Tackles.
I actually like Jonathon Martin better then Reiff as a LT prospect.

I'm of the mind that if a good OL prospect comes your way in the 1st, grab 'em unless you have other glaring needs.

I agree about Reiff. OTOH, drafting who you thought would be a good LT that turns out to be a good RT isn't the end of the world. Most recently, Michael Oher comes to mind.

Drafting high for a RT isn't unheard of - CIN certainly got years of good play from Willie Anderson. But they also drafted tub 'o goo Andre Smith as an LT - what in the world were they thinking?

better days
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM

Well, the only example of a Buddy Nix pick you named is Spiller who played WELL last year after Fred was injured.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
mike adams is very good and could be an option. i just think nix will take kirk instead...

SaviorEdwards
03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I would sign onto this draft pick.

k-oneputt
03-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Well, the only example of a Buddy Nix pick you named is Spiller who played WELL last year after Fred was injured.

Well Buddy did take Troup, Carrington, Batten, and Moats in that first year.
Personally I think that was more Modrak getting into his head with his stupid ass evaluations. Notice Modrak was shipped out and last year he went big school with Alabama, Texas, LSU, and NC first four. I think that draft has worked out to this point.

Forward_Lateral
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
If Adams is a pure LT, who's ready to start day one, and Reiff is more of a RT who'd have to be converted, how is Reiff a better pick?

Historian
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm on board.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 11:32 AM
If Adams is a pure LT, who's ready to start day one, and Reiff is more of a RT who'd have to be converted, how is Reiff a better pick?

Flip the coin:

Adams - he majored in Criminology, BTW:

..."Intangibles: Suspended the first two games of the 2009 season for violating team rules, cited in January 2009 for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia (charges were eventually dropped) after being stopped for running a stop sign. One of five players suspended for first five games of 2011 season for receiving benefits from a tattoo parlor owner, selling championship rings, jerseys and awards; Adams was required to pay back $1,000 for the ring he sold."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620008

Reiff:

..."Intangibles: Willing to back up teammates on the field. Arrested for public intoxication, avoiding arrest in July 2008 after leading Iowa City police on a 20-minute chase on foot."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695597

I go for Reiff - that's a pretty good run. Looks like he has stamina.

:pimped:

Forward_Lateral
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
:rofl: touche.