PDA

View Full Version : Bills Bring in Clemson DE Andre Branch

DraftBoy
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/03/clemson-de-andre-branch-to-visit-buffalo-bills/

As we hit the 30 day mark until the NFL Draft more news comes out of OBD that we now have the identity of another one of the Bills visitors. This time is DE Andre Branch of Clemson coming in for a visit. The pass rusher from Death Valley, figures to be a 43 DE or 34 OLB in the NFL and showcases a skill set that includes an explosive first step and plenty of ability to change directions as well.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Explosive first step, where have I heard that before??

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
After their FA DL extravaganza, I'd be happier if they were entertaining LB prospects or OL prospects or WR prospects.

DraftBoy
03-27-2012, 12:23 PM
They have spoken or entertained all three.

ddaryl
03-27-2012, 12:24 PM
After their FA DL extravaganza, I'd be happier if they were entertaining LB prospects or OL prospects or WR prospects.

yeah but why telegraph what your really want to do in the draft..

stuckincincy
03-27-2012, 12:27 PM

Every team knows what every other team is looking for.

JCBills
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM

I love how people turn a positive attribute into a negative one just because of one guy.

Yeah, Maybin has an explosive first step, but that is ALL HE HAS. He's also like 220 lbs. There is no Maybin comparison to make with Branch.

Cali512
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Eww, i like Jones better. Branchs production imo was largely based on the QB having to flush away from Chandler

Cali512
03-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I love how people turn a positive attribute into a negative one just because of one guy.

Yeah, Maybin has an explosive first step, but that is ALL HE HAS. He's also like 220 lbs. There is no Maybin comparison to make with Branch.

True lol. I remember scouting reports on some guys at QB, after we found out how bad Edwards was, that said "plays smart and will make the smart checkdown throw if nothings open" Then every player that had that in the report apparently was the next checkdown machine

acehole
03-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Eww, i like Jones better. Branchs production imo was largely based on the QB having to flush away from Chandler

Umm well we do have a few on opposite side that might accommodate that...

JCBills
03-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Really confused on this one....what?

Cali512
03-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Umm well we do have a few on opposite side that might accommodate that...

Ya but Jones has better moves, Branch if thats the case would just hold up the tackle and wait for Mario Williams to get there.

psubills62
03-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Seriously, people need to stop the comparisons of every speed DE to Maybin.

I think we could use another good DE behind Williams and Anderson (and Kelsay, I guess). Kelsay's approaching the backloaded part of his contract and is getting up there in age. Williams is an unquestioned starter, but Anderson should be a situational rusher. We could use one more starter.

Cali512
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Really confused on this one....what?

Alot of people have said Jones looks better on tape but they dont get his production. While others watch Branch and think he has alot of flaws but hes had good production so hes up there. Ive seen some videos, and im wondering now if its based on Jones getting there but the QB moving toward Branch and him making the sack on the edge, when Jones is the one actually getting the pressure

JCBills
03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Alot of people have said Jones looks better on tape but they dont get his production. While others watch Branch and think he has alot of flaws but hes had good production so hes up there. Ive seen some videos, and im wondering now if its based on Jones getting there but the QB moving toward Branch and him making the sack on the edge, when Jones is the one actually getting the pressure

We're talking Chandler Jones and Andre Branch here right?

They are on different teams, how could Jones be flushing the QB to Branch when they don't even play together?

Cali512
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM
We're talking Chandler Jones and Andre Branch here right?

They are on different teams, how could Jones be flushing the QB to Branch when they don't even play together?

Im so sorry haha, i totally for the past few months thought they both played on clemson. I feel really dumb

NOT THE DUDE...
03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
with all things being almost equal, ill take the stronger bigger guy. and thats jones!

JCBills
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Im so sorry haha, i totally for the past few months thought they both played on clemson. I feel really dumb

LOL no worries, two very orange uniforms.

Branch played across from Bowers last season and had a good year. When he didn't have him, he still had a good year. He is a standalone player.

Ed
03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
If Branch fell to the 2nd round I'd be all for it, but I'm starting to see his name in the first round in a lot of mocks.

Cali512
03-27-2012, 02:50 PM
LOL no worries, two very orange uniforms.

Branch played across from Bowers last season and had a good year. When he didn't have him, he still had a good year. He is a standalone player.

Everyone has compared Branch to Jones because there 2 of the only true 4-3 ends this year. Mixed in with the orange jersey, and i must of got mixed up with the whole playing with Bowers to Jones.

JCBills
03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Everyone has compared Branch to Jones because there 2 of the only true 4-3 ends this year. Mixed in with the orange jersey, and i must of got mixed up with the whole playing with Bowers to Jones.

Lol again no worries.

Personally I think Vinny Curry is better than both of them. He's got pass rush moves but also surprises OTs with power and violent hands. Add that with his burst and I think he could be better than most DEs in this draft, if not all of them.

jamze132
03-27-2012, 07:48 PM
What have they telegraphed?

The Bills are doing their job with in-depth scouting.

Bone
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Who visited with Bills that could be are 1st round pick

JCBills
03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Who visited with Bills that could be are 1st round pick

That I remember, Dre Kirkpatrick.

Tank Carder visited but he's a mid-rounder.

Jonathan Martin is also visiting.

The last buffalo fan
03-28-2012, 11:25 AM
They have spoken or entertained all three.

On this particular coming draft, please name the LB who has your atenttion or that you think is the best fit for our system.

PromoTheRobot
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM

You're right. We should never draft/sign anyone with that.

PTR

JCBills
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
On this particular coming draft, please name the LB who has your atenttion or that you think is the best fit for our system.

The answer will probably be Lavonte David.

DraftBoy
03-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

The last buffalo fan
03-28-2012, 11:38 AM
The answer will probably be Lavonte David.

Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

Gracias caballeros!

alohabillsfan
03-28-2012, 08:28 PM

Watch for

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 241.
40 Time: 4.53. 10-Yd Split: 1.65.
Bench: 24.
Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-1.
Arm: 33 3/4. Hand: 10 3/8.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

Bradham played well in 2011, becoming the first Seminole since Marvin Jones to lead the team in tackles for three straight seasons. Bradham had 86 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble this year.---Courtesy of Walter Football.

HAMMER
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Do you guys really laugh out loud when you type LOL?

alohabillsfan
04-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Watch for

Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 241.
40 Time: 4.53. 10-Yd Split: 1.65.
Bench: 24.
Vertical: 37. Broad: 10-1.
Arm: 33 3/4. Hand: 10 3/8.
Projected Round (2012): 3-4ever.

Bradham played well in 2011, becoming the first Seminole since Marvin Jones to lead the team in tackles for three straight seasons. Bradham had 86 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, three passes broken up, two interceptions and a forced fumble this year.---Courtesy of Walter Football.
Who da man.. Signed bills draft master