• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Great story about Manning's decision

Very interesting details. Peter King breaks down the day-by-day, where Manning went, who he met with, some of the cloak-and-dagger tactics he used to elude the media, and how he made his decision. It might have been the Redskins had they not traded for the No. 2 pick.

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: Great story about Manning's decision

I am not sure I buy that he would have gone to the Redskins and played against his brother twice a year...
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Love how quickly Pete Carrol ****ed his self lol.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

5 throwaway words in the first paragraph of that story could make this all moot: If...his...neck...holds...up. A lot of folks act like that's a given. Even if it does hold up, it's gonna be on Peyton's mind every time a defender closes on him.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Well, As the article said the reason can be summed up in a word. But I think they got the word wrong. MONEY that is the word.

I doubt any other team would have paid Manning what the Broncos did & I think that was the only reason some teams were in the running at all, to drive up the price.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Wow Tebows name wasnt mentioned at all
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by better days
              Well, As the article said the reason can be summed up in a word. But I think they got the word wrong. MONEY that is the word.

I doubt any other team would have paid Manning what the Broncos did & I think that was the only reason some teams were in the running at all, to drive up the price.

Knowing now how stunned he was about the Colts cutting him, i seriously doubt he was just after the money. I think he did feel comfortable in the teams and everything first, Denver also had the money, but i think they got in it quick and showed him a family environment

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cali512
                Knowing now how stunned he was about the Colts cutting him, i seriously doubt he was just after the money. I think he did feel comfortable in the teams and everything first, Denver also had the money, but i think they got in it quick and showed him a family environment
                Manning knew every step of the way what the Colts were going to do. He could have avoided being cut if he postponed the date the exorbitant payment to him had to be made, but he refused to do so.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Cali512
                  Wow Tebows name wasnt mentioned at all
                  Well, maybe.....

He spent part of the weekend calling people he trusted, then interrupted Fox's dinner on Saturday night by phone with some questions, the tenor of which neither will disclose.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Awesome share bro. Real good story

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

this is peter king's wheel house. stories like this he really excels at. his personal predictions are usually garbage.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
                        Manning knew every step of the way what the Colts were going to do. He could have avoided being cut if he postponed the date the exorbitant payment to him had to be made, but he refused to do so.
                        Why should he? After everything he did for that organization, they should've given him part ownership to keep him in Indy. It's deplorable how they just cut him and tossed him aside like a broken toy. That organization was in shambles when it drafted Peyton. A laughingstock. He took them to the playoffs almost every season he was their starting QB. They won a superbowl. He's a 1st ballot hall of famer, and a pure professional.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                          Well, maybe.....
                          I'd be willing to wager that Manning told Fox and Elway that if he signed with them, he'd want Tebow gone.

Comment

• zone
                            No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            I'd be willing to wager that Manning told Fox and Elway that if he signed with them, he'd want Tebow gone.
                            I'm willing to bet it was the other way around. He knows they wouldn't have even called him if Tebow was part of the plan.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              Why should he? After everything he did for that organization, they should've given him part ownership to keep him in Indy. It's deplorable how they just cut him and tossed him aside like a broken toy. That organization was in shambles when it drafted Peyton. A laughingstock. He took them to the playoffs almost every season he was their starting QB. They won a superbowl. He's a 1st ballot hall of famer, and a pure professional.

Idc if Luck is the number one pick, you know what indi should of done? Traded out of the pick and did wat STL did. Now the 3 years you have left of Manning/Saturday/Wayne/Clark/Freeney, you can work on getting replacements. They should of traded down and gotten Blackman, or Reiff. Then you have your future T or WR for the next QB

Comment

Working...
                              X