PDA

View Full Version : Bills coach Chan Gailey on Mario, Fred vs CJ, Nick…

Michael82
03-27-2012, 04:38 PM
On reaction to signing Williams within the AFC East:
“You hope that by the time you get everybody on the field, and everybody healthy — and you get Kyle Williams, and Marcell (Dareus) and Mario and the other people that will be playing, whether it’s Mark (Anderson) or whoever it is on the other side — you hope that you’ve got a viable pass rush with four people that makes our football team better. And you hope that (the opposing quarterback) feels like he’s got to get the ball out quicker, and maybe that makes him rush something. And if he rushes something, maybe he throws it to us instead of to his own guy.”

On whether the impact of the addition of a talent such as Mario Williams can be measured on a team:
“Yes, you can measure it. There is no statistical measure. But when you add Buddy Nix’s years in the league, and my years in the league, you come up with two old guys with a lot of years. And we know the effect that pass rush has on the game today. We’ve seen the game evolve. We’ve been in it since the ’80s. And pass rush is a huge part of this thing.”

On how to divvy the carries between RBs Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller:
“That’s a great problem to have, by the way — to have two great players. And I don’t know how to do that. I know one thing. They’re both not going to be totally happy with the number of touches that they get. With only one football and several guys who can make plays, everybody’s not going to be happy. That’s part of it. So you do the best you can to use C.J. and Fred in different ways to get them the ball, because they’re both capable of making big plays when the ball is in their hands.”.......... CLICK FOR MORE: http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/sports/bills-coach-chan-gailey-on-mario-fred-vs-cj-nick/

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/sports/bills-coach-chan-gailey-on-mario-fred-vs-cj-nick/

Night Train
03-27-2012, 04:55 PM
With 10 Draft picks coming, the roster has just started to be adjusted. Can't wait to see the additional improvement and the trimming of the marginal talent.

JCBills
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
On whether Mark Anderson is just a situational defender:
“He’s capable of playing all three downs, I think. And the thing about it is, all three downs in the league today is more passing than running. We’re a different animal than we were 15 years ago.”

So true.

JCBills
03-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Gotta love Chan in interviews:

On Robert Kraft saying yesterday that he thinks one of the reasons the Bills loaded up with pass rushers was to “come after our boy, No. 12″:
“Well, he’s right. He’s exactly right. That’s what we feel like we’ve got to do — you’ve got to rush the passer in our division. That’s the first thing you go after is your division.”

Thief
03-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Duh, thank you Mr. Obvious Mr. Kraft. In other news, the sky is above us.

ublinkwescore
03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
U mean we can rush the passer? I thoufht we were just supposed sit back and let marsha and her boyfriend Wes welker carve us up good for big gains and tds.

Mski
03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
But when you add Buddy Nix’s years in the league, and my years in the league, you come up with two old guys with a lot of years:rofl:

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Time to remind Gronk just where it was he came from!!!