PDA

View Full Version : How many prime time games do we get this regular season ?

Skooby
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I think we're good for 3 games this season, 2 scheduled & 1 flexed. Our defense is getting me pumped, seriously.

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
I think we're good for 3 games this season, 2 scheduled & 1 flexed. Our defense is getting me pumped, seriously.
I think as much as 2. I think the Houston game in the first 4 or 5 weeks almost a lock as a Thursday night game with the whole Mario vs his old team and Wade Phillips vs the Bills angle. Also I could see a late season (Week 14 or 15) game against the Jets being a Sunday night game for the Tebow vs the Bills for 2nd place in the AFC East/Wild Card matchup.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I think as much as 2. I think the Houston game in the first 4 or 5 weeks almost a lock as a Thursday night game with the whole Mario vs his old team and Wade Phillips vs the Bills angle. Also I could see a late season (Week 14 or 15) game against the Jets being a Sunday night game for the Tebow vs the Bills for 2nd place in the AFC East/Wild Card matchup.

I actually think the 2nd Jets game is our flexed game as well, lol.

PTI
03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
1, doesn't anyone realize Fitz flat out sucks every November and December? Check his history, there is nothing to show that the Bills will be in a spot for flex games with him at QB.

gr8slayer
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
1 game vs. NYJ.

alnilla
03-27-2012, 07:48 PM
1, doesn't anyone realize Fitz flat out sucks every November and December? Check his history, there is nothing to show that the Bills will be in a spot for flex games with him at QB.

Ya your right the bills should cancel their season.

Ed
03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
My guess is one prime time game on the road. I don't think the Bills will be considered for a home prime time game until the stadium improvements have been completed.

gr8slayer
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
My guess is one prime time game on the road. I don't think the Bills will be considered for a home prime time game until the stadium improvements have been completed.Am I incorrect in thinking that Ralph does not want home prime time games? For some reason I thought I had heard that at some juncture.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Don't you realize that with this stadium, everyone sucks every November and December? Even Flutie's stats went down late in the season. It's not the QB.

Albany,n.y.
03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
You should check his history. With the exception of last season, when he played with a broken rib, when has he flat out sucked in November & December? Was it 2010 when the Bills won all 4 of their wins for the season in Nopvember & December? Was it 2009 when he took over & won half of the team's total wins in those two months, and the team looked lost without him in Atlanta? Was it 2008 when he won the last 3 games of the season?
Admit it, you told us to check his history without checking his history yourself. Either that or a failed attempt at sarcasm.

Joe Fo Sho
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM

PTI doesn't like Fitz.

YardRat
03-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Two. One Thursday, and one Sunday. One will be at New England.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
It's a pretty simple question here, 0 is an answer if you're down on the team.

PTI
03-27-2012, 09:42 PM
You should check his history. With the exception of last season, when he played with a broken rib, when has he flat out sucked in November & December? Was it 2010 when the Bills won all 4 of their wins for the season in Nopvember & December? Was it 2009 when he took over & won half of the team's total wins in those two months, and the team looked lost without him in Atlanta? Was it 2008 when he won the last 3 games of the season?
Admit it, you told us to check his history without checking his history yourself. Either that or a failed attempt at sarcasm.

I listed all his stats for November and December in another thread, his QB rating is 70, that means his QB rating has to be actually above 80, closer to 85 before November and December to meet his career QB rating, so, yes, I did check. He sucked in the last last 8 games when the Bills won 4 of them the season before, the Bills defense allowed 12, 14, and 6, and the Bills barely won those games, they were about the defense, Fitz was sucky to average in the Lions, Phins, and Browns games that year. Have you even checked his stats? I did. THey sucked badly.

PTI
03-27-2012, 09:44 PM
PTI doesn't like Fitz AS A STARTING QB ON ANY NFL TEAM BECAUSE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Fitzed it for you.

Joe Fo Sho
03-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Fitzed it for you.

Ha, maybe it should've said...PTI doesn't like Fitz and he's going to let you know this regardless of thread topic.

G Wolly
03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Some game in December when we lock up the AFCE

/jinx

Syderick
03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Supposed to be atleast a Thursday night game. Depending on how well the team does then maybe a Flex game too.

Michael82
03-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I would love to see a Monday Night Football home game. Those are the best games to be at!

Mr. Pink
03-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I'll say 2.

One against NE. One flexed in around week 14.

clumping platelets
03-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Isn't every team guaranteed one this season?

I suspect we get 2

better days
03-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Isn't every team guaranteed one this season?

I suspect we get 2

Yes, every team will play one Thursday Night game on NFL Network.

Historian
03-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Well, since everybody is guaranteed at least one....Ill say two.

One against an AFC Easter, and one against an NFC team.

Forward_Lateral
03-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Even though the outcome of recent Monday Night games was horrendous, the crowd at those games in Buffalo was like no other. It gave me chills. I want to see that again.

Forward_Lateral
03-28-2012, 06:15 AM
And, how big of a kick in the nutsack would it be if the one national game was the Toronto game?

mayotm
03-28-2012, 07:09 AM
1, doesn't anyone realize Fitz flat out sucks every November and December? Check his history, there is nothing to show that the Bills will be in a spot for flex games with him at QB.Your schtick is so tired. Everybody gets it. You're not a Fitzpatrick fan. You don't need to express it in every single thread.

Mski
03-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Don't you realize that with this stadium, everyone sucks every November and December? Even Flutie's stats went down late in the season. It's not the QB.thats assuming flutie was a QB... he was tim tebow before tim tebow was tim tebow

Mski
03-28-2012, 08:41 AM
oh and i say at best they get one flex game... no scheduled ones

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Even though the outcome of recent Monday Night games was horrendous, the crowd at those games in Buffalo was like no other. It gave me chills. I want to see that again.

I couldn't agree more. Bills' fans rock the house!

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I couldn't agree more. Bills' fans rock the house!

The Bills Monday Nighter versus the Cowboys was absolutely the best atmosphere I've ever seen. I lost my voice for a week.

There's just no place like the Ralph!

The Jokeman
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
thats assuming flutie was a QB... he was tim tebow before tim tebow was tim tebow
I hate Flutie as much as anyone you'll find but I think Flutie was a better QB than Tebow because at least Flutie could play in a traditional NFL offense. Yet they definately have some similarities to them. Now that Tebow's is backing up a former USC QB for a team in the AFC East the connection between the two of them is getting bigger.

Albany,n.y.
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
I listed all his stats for November and December in another thread, his QB rating is 70, that means his QB rating has to be actually above 80, closer to 85 before November and December to meet his career QB rating, so, yes, I did check. He sucked in the last last 8 games when the Bills won 4 of them the season before, the Bills defense allowed 12, 14, and 6, and the Bills barely won those games, they were about the defense, Fitz was sucky to average in the Lions, Phins, and Browns games that year. Have you even checked his stats? I did. THey sucked badly.
I don't believe in stats-they are one of the worst ways to evaluate a QB, especially that ridiculous QB rating. I judge a QB by wins and losses, that's a much more important thing than something some nerd came up with in his mother's basement like the guy who invented the QB rating.
There are so many things that make a QB's stats fallacious. Here's just one. Ball at the 1 yard line, Fitz hands off to Freddie & he runs it in for a TD. Ball at 1 yard line, fitz fakes a handoff & finds a wide open Chandler in the endzone. Same result, Bills score a TD. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! Different QB stats: Higher QB rating, better TD to interception %, higher completion %, etc.

PTI
03-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't believe in stats-they are one of the worst ways to evaluate a QB, especially that ridiculous QB rating. I judge a QB by wins and losses, that's a much more important thing than something some nerd came up with in his mother's basement like the guy who invented the QB rating.
There are so many things that make a QB's stats fallacious. Here's just one. Ball at the 1 yard line, Fitz hands off to Freddie & he runs it in for a TD. Ball at 1 yard line, fitz fakes a handoff & finds a wide open Chandler in the endzone. Same result, Bills score a TD. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! Different QB stats: Higher QB rating, better TD to interception %, higher completion %, etc.

Hilarious, NFL stats that have been used for years and show validity as far as QB rating and a team's success is a nerd in a basement. Shows how very little you know.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Hilarious, NFL stats that have been used for years and show validity as far as QB rating and a team's success is a nerd in a basement. Shows how very little you know.
You mean the same QB rating stat that ESPN just said 'to hell with' and made up their own stat because of how little that they thought it meant?

ServoBillieves
03-28-2012, 01:30 PM
1 guaranteed, a possible flex. Aside from that, I guarantee they will be road games, or in Toronto. Just another giant middle finger to Buffalo.

trapezeus
03-28-2012, 03:49 PM
no idea. i think it's all dependent on how the NFL viewed its primetime performance last year and how the markets in each city did.

i assume buffalo's viewership is high. but if small market teams didn't do last year, i doubt the NFL is going to put buffalo on as a bad team last year and a small market team.

i'd love to see more monday night or sunday night games. then i can watch from home. thursday night does me no good unless its against the jets.

Albany,n.y.
03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
QB rating? Yeah now I see the light. That's the same number that says Rob Johnson's 85.5 rating as a Buffalo Bill proves he was a better QB for the Bills than Jim Kelly, who could only muster a Bills' career rating of 84.4.

Based on his QB rating, Rob Johnson deserves to be on the Wall of Fame because his Bills' QB rating was better than Wall of Famer Jim Kelly.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 05:01 PM
QB rating? Yeah now I see the light. That's the same number that says Rob Johnson's 85.5 rating as a Buffalo Bill proves he was a better QB for the Bills than Jim Kelly, who could only muster a Bills' career rating of 84.4.

Based on his QB rating, Rob Johnson deserves to be on the Wall of Fame because his Bills' QB rating was better than Wall of Famer Jim Kelly.

Rob's body of work is a touch smaller than Jimbos.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 05:32 PM
no idea. i think it's all dependent on how the NFL viewed its primetime performance last year and how the markets in each city did.

i assume buffalo's viewership is high. but if small market teams didn't do last year, i doubt the NFL is going to put buffalo on as a bad team last year and a small market team.

That seems to be the general rule. I wonder how eager they might be to pick a "surprise" team from last season, like CIN. I'd advise against it - CIN is like BUF in prime time games. I'd feel bad for nationwide viewers.

I remember when CLE went 10 - 4 in 2007, and got IIRC 4 prime time games the following season...and proceeded to toss up bricks, ending up 4 - 12.

hammerbillsfan
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Probably 1

Albany,n.y.
03-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Not according to that magical QB rating.

"What I really don't get is why the NFL wastes so much money on filming stuff. The coaches are also wasting their & the players time reviewing film during the week when all they need to do is hand out a stat sheet on Wednesday morning and go out on the field to practice the game plan. All they should need are the other team's stats & the game plan will be ready."***

*** -Source: "Who Needs Film When You Have Statistics" Sports Publishing L.L.C. 1998. (I think that's what Butler was reading when he traded for Rob Johnson)

better days
03-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Wonder why that is? Could it be because Rob SUCKED while Jim is a HOF QB? I think that is the reason Rob's body of work is a TOUCH smaller myself.

stuckincincy
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Probably 1

I'm glad you posted again - made a copy of the vid to show my wife! :biggrin:

hammerbillsfan
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm glad you posted again - made a copy of the vid to show my wife! :biggrin:

:up:

Scumbag College
03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I went to the Denver Saturday night game about 5 or 6 years ago. That was a disaster. There was a near race riot that broke out a couple of rows up for me. There were dozens of drunken brawls.

I'd like to go to another Saturday night game.

Skooby
03-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Not according to that magical QB rating.

"What I really don't get is why the NFL wastes so much money on filming stuff. The coaches are also wasting their & the players time reviewing film during the week when all they need to do is hand out a stat sheet on Wednesday morning and go out on the field to practice the game plan. All they should need are the other team's stats & the game plan will be ready."***

*** -Source: "Who Needs Film When You Have Statistics" Sports Publishing L.L.C. 1998. (I think that's what Butler was reading when he traded for Rob Johnson)

What color is the sky in your world
??

stuckincincy
03-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I went to the Denver Saturday night game about 5 or 6 years ago. That was a disaster. There was a near race riot that broke out a couple of rows up for me. There were dozens of drunken brawls.

I'd like to go to another Saturday night game.

:biggrin:

I woulda liked to have been at the (in)famous Cleveland Indians 10 cent Beer Night game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

PTI
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM

To compare QB rating of guys from 20 years ago just proves how little you know about football. The game has drastically changed, please compare apples with apples, just shows a lack of intelligence on your part.

Albany,n.y.
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
To compare QB rating of guys from 20 years ago just proves how little you know about football. The game has drastically changed, please compare apples with apples, just shows a lack of intelligence on your part.
It always amazes me when someone can't defend their conclusion the 1st thing they have to sink low and attack someone's intelligence-the surest sign that the attacker is desperate (and maybe not smart enough to just disagree in an intelligent manner).
Is 2010 current enough for you?
Since you want to believe that QB ratings tell all, please explain why Josh Freeman was a better QB in 2010 (QB rating 95.9) than Peyton Manning (91.9), Drew Brees (90.9) and Eli Manning (85.3).

PTI
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
It always amazes me when someone can't defend their conclusion the 1st thing they have to sink low and attack someone's intelligence-the surest sign that the attacker is desperate (and maybe not smart enough to just disagree in an intelligent manner).
Is 2010 current enough for you?
Since you want to believe that QB ratings tell all, please explain why Josh Freeman was a better QB in 2010 (QB rating 95.9) than Peyton Manning (91.9), Drew Brees (90.9) and Eli Manning (85.3).

That is why you look at career QB%, winning %, and post season winning %. Any QB can be good for a season based on their play and their schedule, I mean, they are, afterall, NFL quarterbacks, would you not expect those things to happen? Freeman's play also translated into team success, is that hard to comprehend? They won 10 games when he played well, and they won 4 games when he played bad. Duh. The Brad Johnson debate is silly, he was #3 overall that one season, and an MVP candidate, was easily one the best 4 QBs that year.

El Guapo
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
:biggrin:

I woulda liked to have been at the (in)famous Cleveland Indians 10 cent Beer Night game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

I had never heard of that before.

Can you imagine what a night game in Buffalo would be like if they didn't quit selling beer at the end of the half?

stuckincincy
03-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Can you imagine what a night game in Buffalo would be like if they didn't quit selling beer at the end of the half?

Heh - it would be interesting.

Here's another one you might like - Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey
Park:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

jamze132
03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
This is like the 3rd time I have read where you attack another posters "football intelligence", more specifically how the game has changed. Please explain to all of us your superiority, and while you're at it, throw in an anti-Fitz remark too.

PTI
03-31-2012, 11:27 AM
This is like the 3rd time I have read where you attack another posters "football intelligence", more specifically how the game has changed. Please explain to all of us your superiority, and while you're at it, throw in an anti-Fitz remark too.
It is easy to say, if you compare stats from 20 years ago, when Jim Kelly regularly finished in the top 10. He was one of the best in his era. It shows you know nothing about football to compare stats of the two players. One time, Jim Kelly finished outside the top 20, his last season, he was 21st, and he was done, it was his final NFL season, Fitz has never been in the top 20, Kelly finished #1 in one season. If you don't see the game has changed from the rules to be a wide open sling it around league, then you too know nothing.

Skooby
03-31-2012, 02:33 PM

When you used to be able to load your jacket full of multiple beers to bring in the game, it was a normal event. My one buddy in the early 90's would fill up a canteen with straight Rum to take into the game, I'm not talking a little one either. He couldn't even see by the 4th quarter, lol.

To answer your question, it'd be like the Holocaust but just with many more Polish people getting hurt.

jamze132
04-01-2012, 01:13 AM
It is easy to say, if you compare stats from 20 years ago, when Jim Kelly regularly finished in the top 10. He was one of the best in his era. It shows you know nothing about football to compare stats of the two players. One time, Jim Kelly finished outside the top 20, his last season, he was 21st, and he was done, it was his final NFL season, Fitz has never been in the top 20, Kelly finished #1 in one season. If you don't see the game has changed from the rules to be a wide open sling it around league, then you too know nothing.
Let me know when I compared Fitz to Kelly.

better days
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
When you used to be able to load your jacket full of multiple beers to bring in the game, it was a normal event. My one buddy in the early 90's would fill up a canteen with straight Rum to take into the game, I'm not talking a little one either. He couldn't even see by the 4th quarter, lol.

To answer your question, it'd be like the Holocaust but just with many more Polish people getting hurt.

In the 70's I would take my girlfriend to Bills & Sabres games. She had a BIG old purse that was only used on game day, we would get about 18 beers into that thing along with crushed ice.

BillyT92679
04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
The Bills will have at least one, as every NFL franchise gets one primetime game this year. I expect Week 4 at Houston on Thursday night

Other than that, I don't know.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 09:50 AM
1 game. Getting Mario Williams and Mark Anderson is a nice story, but this is still the Buffalo Bills. The 2013 season may be different. But this team hasn't proven anything yet, or at least that is the way the mass media will view it. JMO

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
4 primetime games

1 regular season and 3 playoffs :D

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Please explain to all of us your superiority.

he thinks Trent would have won us just as much games as Fitz would.

PTI
04-02-2012, 11:34 AM
he thinks Trent would have won us just as much games as Fitz would.

Trent career winning % is better than Fitz. Fitz is 13-21. Edwards is 14-18. Was 14-16 before those 2 games he started that the Bills had given him no playbook to start with against Miami and a no chance game against Green Bay. If Seattle can win with Jackson, and Cardinals with Skelton, the Bills could still of won with Trent, who was a much better 4th quarter player than Fitz and turns the ball over way less. He just is not a fit at all with the Chan offense. All teams win football with whoever they play at QB. Take away the 4-4 without Chan, and Fitz is 10-22, he is a pathetic representation of a starting QB. Almost any other QB in the NFL could duplicate that, and if you disagree, again, you know nothing at all about football.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Trent career winning % is better than Fitz. Fitz is 13-21. Edwards is 14-18. Was 14-16 before those 2 games he started that the Bills had given him no playbook to start with against Miami and a no chance game against Green Bay. If Seattle can win with Jackson, and Cardinals with Skelton, the Bills could still of won with Trent, who was a much better 4th quarter player than Fitz and turns the ball over way less. He just is not a fit at all with the Chan offense. All teams win football with whoever they play at QB. Take away the 4-4 without Chan, and Fitz is 10-22, he is a pathetic representation of a starting QB. Almost any other QB in the NFL could duplicate that, and if you disagree, again, you know nothing at all about football. Edwards did have a legitimate shot at being Gailey's starting QB, and clearly couldn't handle it. It's been Fitzpatrick's job ever since. If Edwards was the better QB, he'd still be here. Just saying.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Trent career winning % is better than Fitz. Fitz is 13-21. Edwards is 14-18. Was 14-16 before those 2 games he started that the Bills had given him no playbook to start with against Miami and a no chance game against Green Bay. If Seattle can win with Jackson, and Cardinals with Skelton, the Bills could still of won with Trent, who was a much better 4th quarter player than Fitz and turns the ball over way less. He just is not a fit at all with the Chan offense. All teams win football with whoever they play at QB. Take away the 4-4 without Chan, and Fitz is 10-22, he is a pathetic representation of a starting QB. Almost any other QB in the NFL could duplicate that, and if you disagree, again, you know nothing at all about football.

Trent couldn't beat the browns. He couldn't beat the Pats. He wouldn't throw it past 5 yards. Nuff said.

PTI
04-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Edwards did have a legitimate shot at being Gailey's starting QB, and clearly couldn't handle it. It's been Fitzpatrick's job ever since. If Edwards was the better QB, he'd still be here. Just saying.

Just because Fitzpatrick ended up beating out Edwards doesn't make him any good, Fitzptrick is a hard poop and Edwards is runny poop. Both stink, both come out of you in the same place, one you have to wipe more, but both get you same results, you just took a dump, and you dumped 6 wins.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Just because Fitzpatrick ended up beating out Edwards doesn't make him any good, Fitzptrick is a hard poop and Edwards is runny poop. Both stink, both come out of you in the same place, one you have to wipe more, but both get you same results, you just took a dump, and you dumped 6 wins.

I'm not sold of Fitz either. But to say Trent could have done the same is either idiotic or Fitz slept with your girl.

better days
04-02-2012, 11:59 AM

With runny poop, you not only have to wipe more, but the toilet is a mess...........if you make it to the toilet.

Trent is just PROOF that stats don't mean JACK. He is nowhere near as good a QB as Fitz.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Just because Fitzpatrick ended up beating out Edwards doesn't make him any good, Fitzptrick is a hard poop and Edwards is runny poop. Both stink, both come out of you in the same place, one you have to wipe more, but both get you same results, you just took a dump, and you dumped 6 wins.What options are available for the Bills that are better than Fitzpatrick right now that wont require trading away 3 first round draft picks to get? I'll wait.. :biggrin:

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
With runny poop, you not only have to wipe more, but the toilet is a mess...........if you make it to the toilet.

Trent is just PROOF that stats don't mean JACK. He is nowhere near as good a QB as Fitz.

by PTI's stats, Tebow was a better qb than Rivers last year.

PTI
04-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Nowhere near as good? Wow. Pretty delusional about Fitz's ability then. Edwards best season, which included his injuries and his loss of balls from Adrian Wilson still stands as a better year then Fitz ever had. Stats combined with team success is how you look at a QB, and stats include overall and what they do in cluthc time, and Fitzpatrick has never had either and after 7 years of sucking it is hard to imagine anything will change.

PTI
04-02-2012, 12:11 PM
What options are available for the Bills that are better than Fitzpatrick right now that wont require trading away 3 first round draft picks to get? I'll wait.. :biggrin:

Dalton was got in the 2nd round and Cincy almost made the playoffs. Skelton was 7-4 as a starter with the Cardinals and was a late round pick who played well in the 4th quarter, that is all you need if the defense plays better, not a turnover machine who forces throws and can't throw it over 20 yards either. A guy like Brandon Weeden would win just as many games as Fitz this year if he started day 1 and have more upside.

better days
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Nowhere near as good? Wow. Pretty delusional about Fitz's ability then. Edwards best season, which included his injuries and his loss of balls from Adrian Wilson still stands as a better year then Fitz ever had. Stats combined with team success is how you look at a QB, and stats include overall and what they do in cluthc time, and Fitzpatrick has never had either and after 7 years of sucking it is hard to imagine anything will change.

Trent is NOWHERE near as good as Fitz or he would be the Bills starting QB TODAY. PERIOD.

Chan gave Trent every chance & Trent SUCKED. Chan only cut Trent when Trent proved to him he sucked. But I guess you think you know Football more than Chan Gailey.

PTI
04-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Trent is NOWHERE near as good as Fitz or he would be the Bills starting QB TODAY. PERIOD.

Chan gave Trent every chance & Trent SUCKED. Chan only cut Trent when Trent proved to him he sucked. But I guess you think you know Football more than Chan Gailey.

I do not understand how Chan can have any confidence at all in Fitz, he has been really bad his entire NFL career. We will see, Fitz is likeable, Chan will have nice things to say about Fitz when he benches him after 8 or 10 games and plays whoever we draft, or whoever else they have to begin the distancing that will inevitably happen for the 2013 season.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Nowhere near as good? Wow. Pretty delusional about Fitz's ability then. Edwards best season, which included his injuries and his loss of balls from Adrian Wilson still stands as a better year then Fitz ever had. Stats combined with team success is how you look at a QB, and stats include overall and what they do in cluthc time, and Fitzpatrick has never had either and after 7 years of sucking it is hard to imagine anything will change.Well, since we want to make this about stats, how many times has Edwards thrown for 3,000 plus yards and 20 or more tds in his NFL career? Fitzpatrick did that in back to back years. If Fitzpatrick is a worse QB, than Edwards would have absolutely no excuse for not putting up better numbers. He did not.

PTI
04-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, since we want to make this about stats, how many times has Edwards thrown for 3,000 plus yards and 20 or more tds in his NFL career? Fitzpatrick did that in back to back years. If Fitzpatrick is a worse QB, than Edwards would have absolutely no excuse for not putting up better numbers. He did not.

3000 yards and 20 TDs is nothing at this point in the NFL.

Albany,n.y.
04-02-2012, 12:33 PM
What makes you such an expert on NFL football? Are you employed by the Bills or any other NFL team? If you are then tell us who you are, if you are not, then all you are is another fan like the rest of us. You may have some better knowledge or you may not-there's no way to tell since neither you, I or 99% of the posters here have ever been employed in the NFL so our theories are not battle tested.
You can bury yourself in some stats & claim to be an NFL guru, but you haven't proven anything that supports your self proclaimed superiority over the rest of us. I'll never claim to be an expert or claim I know more than any other FAN on this or any other board. I'll just tell you what my experience is when it comes to NFL football: I've been watching the game for about 50 years now, been to over 200 games, and seen many more on TV. I watch the games-I don't bury myself in stats because I've learned how misleading stats can be. After 50 years, I don't claim to be anything more than just a fan with an opinion. However, I've actually seen the change in the game over the years. People can look at Jack Kemps stats & know that there's no way his stats can be compared with today's stats.
One thing that hasn't changed in 50 years is that the team's W-L record is highly dependant on the QB. I'll take a QB's W-L record over any stat, any day of the week.
As far as comparing Edwards to Fitzpatrick, all you need to know is that with the same team, Fitzpatrick had a better W-L record than Edwards did. The same was true with Johnson & Flutie. One guy was on the winning side of a lot more games in the same season than the other in both cases. Anyone who thinks that the team would have the same record with the guy whose biggest stat was an inferior W-L record on the same team in the same season, is either not the expert he thinks he is, or just not facing reality.
By the way, why don't you tell us what makes you such an NFL expert? How many years have you been watching NFL football, how many games have you been to, you can tell us anything else, but don't say you can study stats better, because all that makes you is just another fan who places too much importance on stats.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 12:33 PM
so why hasn't Trent done it?

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Dalton was got in the 2nd round and Cincy almost made the playoffs. Skelton was 7-4 as a starter with the Cardinals and was a late round pick who played well in the 4th quarter, that is all you need if the defense plays better, not a turnover machine who forces throws and can't throw it over 20 yards either. A guy like Brandon Weeden would win just as many games as Fitz this year if he started day 1 and have more upside. The Bills have had one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the past 2 years running. It has been largely blamed for this teams struggles, and why George Edwards was sent packing. QB's like Fitzpatrick, Skelton, and Dalton are not the types of QB's that can put a team on their backs, and win with talent alone. You need a Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning for that. In other words, QB's that are once in a generation rare. Your not likely getting that out of Brandon Weeden either.

With that being said, Fitzpatrick is the best the Bills can do at this point. Regardless if we like him or not, he is the Bills starting QB chosen by Chan Gailey. I'm going to go with giving Gailey the benefit of the doubt that he knows QB's better than you do. He has more credibility. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
3000 yards and 20 TDs is nothing at this point in the NFL. If you can't march your team down the field and put scoring drives together, then what good are you as a QB? 3000 yards and 20 tds shows at least some ability to produce as a QB in the NFL. Edwards had never even come close to that in his professional career.

Albany,n.y.
04-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Exactly!
All you have to do is look at their contracts. Trent has a camp contract at or around the league minimum with the Eagles. Fitzpatrick has a multi-million $ long term contract. If the experts-those who work in the league-thought Edwards was anywhere near the QB that Fitzpatrick is, he'd have been signed to a contract that would be better than as the 3rd stringer with about a 50-50 shot, at best, of making the team. Instead, Edwards is a guy well on his way to a JP Losman career, Fitzpatrick is a starter.
The guys in the NFL are very good at QB evaluation once they get some film on the guy playing against other NFL players. They understand the demands of the game hundreds of times better than any one of us. A decent QB is like a diamond, only the rhinestones end up on the scrap heap & get cut by multiple teams. Here, the case once again goes to Fitzpatrick-he's never been cut in his career. Edwards has been cut 2 times officially & not offered a contract by another team he was on.

better days
04-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Which means Trent has done less than nothing.

PTI
04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Which means Trent has done less than nothing.

I agree, and Fitz has done nothing too, he certainly has not been a winner, been a loser from the start and I just do not see anyone can expect anything different. Fitzpatrick has proven to be one of the least clutch players out there.

5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives in 58 games, 52 starts.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FitzRy00

Edwards has 4 4th quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives in 37 games with 33 starts. Edwards history proves him to be the superior player in all I care about, winning and bringing your team back with 4th quarter comebacks or game winning drives.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=EdwaTr01

Fitz fails big time and is a zero late in ball games. Not a leader at all.

Again, I have never said Edwards is actually a better player one time in any thread. I have said they both suck and there is no way Fitzpatrick is any real upgrade of Edwards.

Go look up John Skelton, dude has played 13 games, 11 starts, and has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives. You are crazy to not prefer him over Fitzpatrick. There are rookies that can easily do better than Fitzpatrick.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SkelJo00

Albany,n.y.
04-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I agree, and Fitz has done nothing too, he certainly has not been a winner, been a loser from the start and I just do not see anyone can expect anything different. Fitzpatrick has proven to be one of the least clutch players out there.

5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives in 58 games, 52 starts.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=FitzRy00

Edwards has 4 4th quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives in 37 games with 33 starts. Edwards history proves him to be the superior player in all I care about, winning and bringing your team back with 4th quarter comebacks or game winning drives.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=EdwaTr01

Fitz fails big time and is a zero late in ball games. Not a leader at all.

Again, I have never said Edwards is actually a better player one time in any thread. I have said they both suck and there is no way Fitzpatrick is any real upgrade of Edwards.

Go look up John Skelton, dude has played 13 games, 11 starts, and has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives. You are crazy to not prefer him over Fitzpatrick. There are rookies that can easily do better than Fitzpatrick.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SkelJo00
How many 4th quarter comebacks did Tebow have this season? Those comebacks impressed John Elway (who I guarantee knows a lot more about football than you ever will) so much that he ran him out of town for virtually nothing in return.
If Edwards was so much better at winning, then why was the team much better when Fitzpatrick played in the 1 season that both Fitzpatrick & Edwards split the job?
Do you know what happens when your team blows out the opponent? There's no chance to add to the 4th quarter comeback stat. Sometimes the reason for a 4th quarter comeback (see Tebow 2011) is because the QB has sucked the whole game & the D bailed him out. With the Bills D under Edwards (George, not Trent) the QB would naturally have fewer chances at a 4th quarter comeback.

PS: How many of Skelton's comebacks did you see & do you have any idea what the reason was why there was a comeback? And if you saw them all, why weren't you watching the Bills that day? I know at least one of them was due more to the return man than Skelton.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
PTI thinks Trent could have probably beaten the PAts last year.

PTI
04-02-2012, 03:40 PM
PTI thinks Trent could have probably beaten the PAts last year.

Cleveland Browns beat the Pats the year before with McCoy.

Trent had the Pats beat before. 2009, fluke play, McKelvin fumble. Trent was pretty decent that day. Fluky, you, know, like Brady throwing 4 INTs. Hilarious. Do I think Trent could have won that day? Perhaps. Maybe most other QBs would not have thrown 2 early INTs to be down by so much.

Look, just get over it, Fitz is not a good NFL QB.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Cleveland Browns beat the Pats the year before with McCoy.

Trent had the Pats beat before. 2009, fluke play, McKelvin fumble. Trent was pretty decent that day. Fluky, you, know, like Brady throwing 4 INTs. Hilarious. Do I think Trent could have won that day? Perhaps. Maybe most other QBs would not have thrown 2 early INTs to be down by so much.

Look, just get over it, Fitz is not a good NFL QB.

McCoy, not Trent Edwards. Almost is not a win. Since you like lumping wins for the qb, you can't use that argument for Trent because we lost.

Never said Fitz is anything great. Just saying he's better than Trent.

PTI
04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
McCoy, not Trent Edwards. Almost is not a win. Since you like lumping wins for the qb, you can't use that argument for Trent because we lost.

Never said Fitz is anything great. Just saying he's better than Trent.

That does not make him a good QB.

Skooby
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
That does not make him a good QB.

That's like saying getting the measles is better than getting the mumps, you're still sick either way.

Joe Fo Sho
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Fitz is a capable NFL starting QB.

Skooby
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM

We'll draft between 8th-19th with him at helm, so if that's your idea of a starter then it's correct.

We're not winning the SB with him as our starter & our team will breakout around .500 every year (give or take a game), which is GFS.

PTI
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Capable of 6-10, perhaps, in which case, if you are 7 year veteran and not getting any better then it is an absolute waste, and you need to find a young guy to play.

Joe Fo Sho
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
We'll draft between 8th-19th with him at helm, so if that's your idea of a starter then it's correct.

We're not winning the SB with him as our starter & our team will breakout around .500 every year (give or take a game), which is GFS.

Current QBs in the NFL who have won a Superbowl:

Rodgers
Brees
Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

Welp, better trade for one of these guys. They are the ONLY proven Superbowl winning QBs.

PTI
04-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Current QBs in the NFL who have won a Superbowl:

Rodgers
Brees
Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

Welp, better trade for one of these guys. They are the ONLY proven Superbowl winning QBs.

Doesn't this show you that Fitz is not good enough, you have presented a case to replace Fitz with your post. 5 guys drafted pretty high and one diamond in the rough who was actually a good player from when he set foot on the field early in his career.

BillyT92679
04-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Guys at the506.com think Bills at 49ers is going to be a primetime game. Has to do with Raiders conflicts and playing on CBS.

Skooby
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Guys at the506.com think Bills at 49ers is going to be a primetime game. Has to do with Raiders conflicts and playing on CBS.

Hmmm, interesting.

Joe Fo Sho
04-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Doesn't this show you that Fitz is not good enough, you have presented a case to replace Fitz with your post. 5 guys drafted pretty high and one diamond in the rough who was actually a good player from when he set foot on the field early in his career.

Want me to name some QBs drafted high that never won a Superbowl?

BillyT92679
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Hmmm, interesting.
Yeah... hopefully it won't be the late game Week One.

Skooby
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah... hopefully it won't be the late game Week One.

OMG, 1:30 AM finish. :trance: