PDA

View Full Version : Sabres control their own destiny REP THREAD!!

Skooby
03-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Go Sabres !!!

ParanoidAndroid
03-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Amazing!!!

Great reason to celebrate with my second ever batch of home brew!

YardRat
03-27-2012, 08:43 PM
:beers:

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Just as long as we don't open up against the Penguins in the playoffs I'll be happy.

clumping platelets
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Make the playoffs and beat whoever............cannot be afraid to play any team once the playoffs start

rbochan
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
:gosabres:

The Jokeman
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Make the playoffs and beat whoever............cannot be afraid to play any team once the playoffs start
I'm not afriad of a team, I'm afraid of Sidney Crosby who's always found a way to be better than Ryan Miller.

Skooby
03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm not afriad of a team, I'm afraid of Sidney Crosby who's always found a way to be better than Ryan Miller.

You being afraid isn't as important as where Ryan Miller is at, his head looks pretty clear.

G Wolly
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Crosby is still Crosby.

Plus with Malkin alongside him, scary.

Crisis
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Miller has like an .880 career sv% vs pitts.... they always own him.

SpillerThrills
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Crosby is still Crosby.

hit him good a couple times and he'll be jell-o brained again.

Historian
03-28-2012, 04:51 AM
An old fashoned win...doing all the little things needed to grind it out.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
An old fashoned win...doing all the little things needed to grind it out.

5-1 is a grind it down event.

tampabay25690
03-28-2012, 07:18 AM

If I were NY or Boston I would not want to face the Sabres.

rbochan
03-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Bring on the Pens.

The King
03-28-2012, 08:27 AM
The Bruins are finally playing well too. The Sabres don't worry me much.

Mski
03-28-2012, 08:32 AM
i think everyone should be worried to play the Sabres right now, they're the hottest team in the league

Skooby
03-28-2012, 08:38 AM
i think everyone should be worried to play the Sabres right now, they're the hottest team in the league

It's sort of silly for anyone to say that their team is playing well, when the Sabres are on fire out-scoring opponents by quite a bit per game. I'd be worried about any team that has a 9-0-1 goalie in the net, for his last 10 games versus Boston at 5-5 in their last 10 games played.

What's your definition of playing well?

2slowtogofast
03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Cant wait untill Friday lets keep the steak going straight into the post season

The King
03-28-2012, 09:00 AM
What's your definition of playing well?

They're finally healthy and have won 4 of their last 5. Their goalie seems to be back on track as well. The Bruins were also playing very uncharacteristic hockey for them as well, so it's good to see them playing with some grit and being successful.

I also dont think it's silly to say that we're playing well. We're the Stanley Cup Champions, you guys are hot but you're fighting for a playoff spot still, let's keep things in perspective.

*** Crap, I realize I just got sucked into the Mitch vortex***

Skooby
03-28-2012, 09:12 AM
They're finally healthy and have won 4 of their last 5. Their goalie seems to be back on track as well. The Bruins were also playing very uncharacteristic hockey for them as well, so it's good to see them playing with some grit and being successful.

I also dont think it's silly to say that we're playing well. We're the Stanley Cup Champions, you guys are hot but you're fighting for a playoff spot still, let's keep things in perspective.

*** Crap, I realize I just got sucked into the Mitch vortex***

Muhahaha, you're in my world now. Last 5 is quite a short example, how about we check the last 20 games to see who's playing better ? How about the last 25 games ?

Sabres have been playing ~.750 to the Bruins ~.480 over the past 28 games or so, so you're not hot with any extended example.

P.S. The Championship card was an easy play, but the previous year's success is no indication or example of current or future NHL playoff success. You if anyone should know better, don't toot your horn.

The King
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
It takes more than a win streak to be a playoff contender. Congrats on playing well but its a long road ahead.

Mski
03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
*** Crap, I realize I just got sucked into the Mitch vortex***:couch:

Skooby
03-28-2012, 09:25 AM
It takes more than a win streak to be a playoff contender. Congrats on playing well but its a long road ahead.

Agreed in full. The Sabres are clicking on all cylinders at the right time, let's hope it carries into the playoffs.

OpIv37
03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Agreed in full. The Sabres are clicking on all cylinders at the right time, let's hope it carries into the playoffs.

Let's just hope it carries through the next 5 games because if it doesn't we won't be in the playoffs.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Let's just hope it carries through the next 5 games because if it doesn't we won't be in the playoffs.

Into the playoffs obviously includes all previous events before entering them, during the playoffs means that we're already in them (just to be clear).

elltrain22
03-28-2012, 09:48 AM

You are right, it does take more than a nice win streak to be a playoff contender. It takes good defense, good goaltending, good offense (5 on 5, and PP), good special teams, good coaching, heart, hustle, and a never say die mentality. At this point in time, and for the past 2 months, this team has been clicking on every single one of those details. Not to mention, name 1 player in the NHL right now that is better or more valuable than Ryan Miller. Also, not to mention, name one scoring line that is hotter than Ennis-Foligno-Stafford. Yes, I am biased, but if I was a Boston fan, NY Rags fan, or anyone, I wouldn't want to play this team, best out of 7 games.

SkateZilla
03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
how they play in the games before the game doesnt mean diddly about how they are gonna play the current 60 minutes.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
You are right, it does take more than a nice win streak to be a playoff contender. It takes good defense, good goaltending, good offense (5 on 5, and PP), good special teams, good coaching, heart, hustle, and a never say die mentality. At this point in time, and for the past 2 months, this team has been clicking on every single one of those details. Not to mention, name 1 player in the NHL right now that is better or more valuable than Ryan Miller. Also, not to mention, name one scoring line that is hotter than Ennis-Foligno-Stafford. Yes, I am biased, but if I was a Boston fan, NY Rags fan, or anyone, I wouldn't want to play this team, best out of 7 games.

Perfectly written. What team wants to play a team that's playing lights out / torch hot ? I mean it's just insanity to even think that way that any team holding below ~.500 hockey for ~2 months wants to play a ~.750 team, WTF?

SkateZilla
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
pens got stomped twice this week and last night the the ISLES came back to beat them.

SkateZilla
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
not to mention the pens starting goalie is out with a upper body injury at the moment as a result of his own player running him over.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
not to mention the pens starting goalie is out with a upper body injury at the moment as a result of his own player running him over.

Like we haven't dealt with injuries all season, think we'd be this low in the conference if we stayed relatively healthy ?

OpIv37
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
pens got stomped twice this week and last night the the ISLES came back to beat them.

and just how many times in a week do you expect the Penguins to lose to inferior opponents?

they'll be looking to make a statement and stay in contention for their division against us.

Skooby
03-28-2012, 01:07 PM
and just how many times in a week do you expect the Penguins to lose to inferior opponents?

they'll be looking to make a statement and stay in contention for their division against us.

Like Washington just did, LOL.

OpIv37
03-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Like Washington just did, LOL.

Washington is no Pittsburgh.

Skooby
03-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Washington is no Pittsburgh.

You keep tillting the tables away from the Sabres, regardless if they win or lose. Get a grip man, Pens are better but how much is TBD.