• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

McShay's Latest Mock

Its on ESPN In$ider...he has the Bills take Floyd at 10.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Maximilli
    • Feb 2009

Re: McShay's Latest Mock

Im cool with that i think there going to give Chris hairiston a shot what u think

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Maximilli
      Im cool with that i think there going to give Chris hairiston a shot what u think
      I think they're going to take an OT in Round 2 or 3 to push Hairston.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Maximilli
        • Feb 2009

Ill go wit that would u consider CB also or no second guessing and just take floyd

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

just currious, were reif, martin, and kirkpatrick still available?
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

He also has us taking Brock Osweiler in the 2nd. Yikes.

Comment

• Maximilli
              • Feb 2009

whats up with brock osweiler

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mski
                just currious, were reif, martin, and kirkpatrick still available?
                Don't know I dont have ESPN Insider.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Don't know I dont have ESPN Insider.
                  Me either. I like Mel - he's a colorful fixture and IMO a decent draft guru - but I don't want to buy him another tube of Brylcreem.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Yet his comments abuot the pick might be a little alarming to some Bills fans.

McShay's pick: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

Analysis: Outside of Tannehill, no one has climbed up the draft boards faster these past couple months than Floyd. He was projected to be a top-20 or top-25 pick. But Floyd's impressive combine and offseason has some, like McShay, projecting Floyd in the top 10. I'm still a little nervous about that, but I do think Floyd is a good fit for Buffalo's offense. The team addressed its pass rush in a major way this offseason. I think the Bills still have bigger needs, such as left tackle, but getting a top receiver wouldn't be a bad move to help quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.
                    ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay has provided his latest mock draft .Here are his latest draft selections for the AFC East:Miami DolphinsPick: No. 8McShay's pick: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&MAnalysis: Everyone pegs Tannehill to the Dolphins, and I agree.

Comment

• ThunderGun
                      • Dec 2011

What are your thoughts on this, DB? Do you like Floyd at 10?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ThunderGun
                        What are your thoughts on this, DB? Do you like Floyd at 10?
                        Drafboy mocked the Bills taking Floyd in his latest mock at http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/ Personally I don't like it because think we can find a quality WR in Round 2 and beyond and shore up LT at pick 10. Yet based on reading his recent posts I think Draftboy feels the Bills are looking to get a LT candidate that can compete for the starting spot with Hairston not necessarily start from day 1.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                          • Apr 2011

I think Floyd would be a really good addition to the Bills. He reminds me a lot of Vincent Jackson. The guy is so big and strong, you don't expect him to be as fast as he is. I like him a lot. He has the occasional drop, but he's going to help you a lot more than he'll hurt you. Good toughness and basically carried a very poor Notre Dame offense with absolutely nobody at QB this year.

Turd McShay's idea that Floyd is "rising" is based on people thinking he was going to run slower than 4.55 but ran in the 4.4s. Is he the tenth best player? Eh, maybe not. Is he a reach at 10? No way. It would be a solid pick and I think you'd see Stevie Johnson as the number 2 sooner than later. He's not the crispest route runner but he can get open and is as good of a downfield target as he is getting the ball short and breaking tackles.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Maximilli
                            whats up with brock osweiler
                            I only watched one game of Osweiler (vs. Oregon) last season but I was impressed. What I saw of him I liked him better than Weedon, Foles, and Tannehill. He's got a killer arm. He's more athletic than he looks due to him being so tall. He's not Tannehill fast by any means but he's not the statue you'd expect at 6'7". He went to ASU because they were going to let him play both football and basketball. He decided to just do football anyways.

What I liked about Osweiler that I didn't see from the other guys is that he'll step up in the pocket to avoid the edge rush (really good at this!) and look at multiple receivers. I obviously can't tell if he's actually going through progressions or if he's just trying to look off the coverage, but it's something not a lot of college QBs do.

The problem with evaluating these guys is that he, like Foles and Weedon, took every snap out of the shotgun. You don't know how something like dropping back while routes develop is going to affect someone's ability to read the field. Another thing about the offense he ran is that there was a lot of short stuff... designed WR screens and short ins/outs. There were a couple of really nice go routes that he threw, though. He's got the height to put a quick 9 on the WR on a rope shortly after the snap and the accuracy to do it in stride. He definitely wasn't perfect... he moved around in the pocket well but isn't going to scramble for a big gain. I think Weeden does a little better job of throwing knowing he's going to take the hit than avoiding the pressure and then hoping someone will come open. Foles and Tannehill are better at moving to get out of the pocket and either running or throwing on the run.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Last time we needed a big WR, Royal, Avery, Sweed, Hardy, D-Thomas, Kelly, and Desean Jackson were available. I really wonder who will be the Hardy/Jackson of the draft. I think Kelly will be the Jackson, and Jeffery has a chance of being the Hardy/Thomas/Kelly
                              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X