PDA

View Full Version : On the Clock: Bills

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 01:42 AM
You can watch the video here (http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d827e2a16/On-the-Clock-Bills).

They have Chris Brown there talking about the bills' pick. He mentions that tackle is the biggest focus.

Then the other analysts speak and agree with the left tackle assessment (like they always do).

I agree with what Mayock later said. I would much rather pick Floyd or a corner at 10 rather than Reiff, a guy I don't even think could play tackle, or Martin who would be a big reach.

If we add another playmaker we will be very potent on offense. I hope they go for it.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2012, 06:04 AM
There isn't a tackle worthy of being picked 10th, IMO. The only pure LT with first round talent, besides Kalil (sp?) is Adams, IMO.

methos4ever
03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Nothing is more annoying than seeing on these sorts of videos the "analysts" say take the LT since they NEED a LT. If there isn't a guy there that's worth it, why waste the pick?

It reminds me of Clausen's year, when they kept saying each round, "this is when Buffalo takes him."

T-Long
03-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Best case scenario for me is resigning Bell and let him and Hairston battle it out in camp, then draft either Floyd, Keuchly, or Gillmore/Kirkpatrick.

djjimkelly
03-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Best case scenario for me is resigning Bell and let him and Hairston battle it out in camp, then draft either Floyd, Keuchly, or Gillmore/Kirkpatrick.

and gilmore to those who wonder why he is rising up draft boards hes a junior that people didnt think was declaring.

ill say it again if mayock has him as the 2nd best cb then im pretty sure hes right. he does talk to teams GMs a lot it is his job

trapezeus
03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
i really hope that we can slide down in the draft to get picks in rounds 2-4. This team needs bodies in a bad way for the OL and some heavy competition at LB.

yeah, we need WR, and CB's, but i think CB's should get better from our front 7 and i thought the WR core was good when healthy.

psubills62
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
The three main positions seem to be WR, OT, and CB. We have a big need at LB, but honestly 4-3 LB's just aren't drafted in the first round that often. They're not a priority position, and this year there are not many/any worth drafting at 10.

That narrows the field down to about 5 guys, barring a fall from one of the players presumed to go in the top 10.

The thing is, we have an obvious need at OT. However, I keep coming back to the fact that with the Chargers, Nix never drafted an OT in round 1. Highest he ever drafted one was in the 2nd round (McNeill). He has, however, drafted a number of skill positions in the first round, particularly CB. Off the top of my head, I believe he's taken one RB (Tomlinson), one WR, a bunch of CB's, and one or two DE's. He's already taken a RB (Spiller) and a DE/DT (Dareus) with the first round picks in Buffalo. Have to think a WR or a CB are the likeliest at this point. WR is the greater need, but CB isn't that far behind, IMO.

Let's just say that I can't rule out OT, but I'd be pretty surprised if they passed on both WR and CB for an OT in the first round.

Beebe's Kid
03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
I would love a playmaker at WR at #10. I am all for Floyd, if he is as good as advertised.

I understand the idea that we need other players, but a top 10 talent at WR would make a bigger difference than any of the other positions in my humble opinion.

Two real threats at WR, along with Nelson/Chandler in the middle of the field...with Freddie/CJ coming out of the backfield...we are going to be pretty hard to stop.

SABURZFAN
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
You can watch the video here (http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d827e2a16/On-the-Clock-Bills).

They have Chris Brown there talking about the bills' pick. He mentions that tackle is the biggest focus.

Then the other analysts speak and agree with the left tackle assessment (like they always do).

I agree with what Mayock later said. I would much rather pick Floyd or a corner at 10 rather than Reiff, a guy I don't even think could play tackle, or Martin who would be a big reach.

If we add another playmaker we will be very potent on offense. I hope they go for it.

their mistake was having Chris Brown on there talking about the Bills. so why wouldn't you go with what Mayock says?

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I hate it when the idiot Lombardi kept saying how we needed to "rebuild" our O-line. We have Wood and Levitre and Pears and Hariston so we just need an LT if we don't bring Bell back. We don't need to "rebuild" you moron.

Night Train
03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I hate it when the idiot Lombardi kept saying how we needed to "rebuild" our O-line. We have Wood and Levitre and Pears and Hariston so we just need an LT if we don't bring Bell back. We don't need to "rebuild" you moron.

Agreed. He seems completely ignorant of our team and our actual needs.

kingJofNYC
03-30-2012, 03:38 PM
There isn't a tackle worthy of being picked 10th, IMO. The only pure LT with first round talent, besides Kalil (sp?) is Adams, IMO.

Many said the same **** about Tyron Smith, there isn't a LT worth taking early, shouldn't go in the top 10, blah blah blah. Dude's a stud, he wiped the floor with Tuck in the games I watched, he's moving to LT this year. In hindsight Smith should've been drafted higher than he was.

Reiff will be a LT, he's better than Bulaga, more athletic. But yeah, lets go with Hairston, there's a LT in the making if I ever saw one.

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't even think reiff can play RT to be honest. He looks destined to move inside as a guard with those t-rex arms of his.

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 04:27 PM
their mistake was having Chris Brown on there talking about the Bills. so why wouldn't you go with what Mayock says?I'd agree with anyone who said WR/CB is a better pick than tackle, but none of the other buffoons mentioned it.

kingJofNYC
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't even think reiff can play RT to be honest. He looks destined to move inside as a guard with those t-rex arms of his.

He's got equal arm length to Bulaga, and longer arms than Joe Thomas, but yeah Thomas can't play LT, short arms, lolololololol.

At one point Mayock had Reiff ahead of Kalil in his early position rankings. (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82648f38/article/early-positionbyposition-rankings-for-2012-nfl-draft?module=HP11_cp) Just goes to show how fickle these guys are.

Greg Gabriel felt Reiff was better than Kalil after he watched film.

But yeah, according to you he's destined to play guard. LOL

Edit: Here's another quote from a scout.

"Solid. Probably more of a true tackle than (Robert) Gallery, who had to move to guard. More of a left tackle. He's young and still filling out his body. He can come in and play early." Three-year starter. "This guy can pass block better than Bulaga, and I like Bulaga a lot," another scout said. "Bulaga is more physical. That's the only thing."

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah, he is. Thomas is a million times more athletic than Reiff. Way to compare the best lt in the league to a guy who will pull a Robert gallery and play guard.

kingJofNYC
03-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, he is. Thomas is a million times more athletic than Reiff. Way to compare the best lt in the league to a guy who will pull a Robert gallery and play guard.

And if you're wrong? What then?

You're the one who's using arm length as some deciding factor, foolishness. How about articulating an argument instead of throwing around t-rex arms as a basis for not drafting him.

I'm sure you're doing a fine job scouting from your basement, keep up the good work.

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey child...

I guess short arms and being unathletic are great qualities for your lt prospects...

Thanks for posting Reily Reiff's younger brother. Now let the adults talk.

kingJofNYC
03-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey child...

I guess short arms and being unathletic are great qualities for your lt prospects...

Thanks for posting Reily Reiff's younger brother. Now let the adults talk.

You're the one acting like a fool. Not athletic, guy was tight end, if anything his athleticism is the one standout feature since he needs to develop more strength.

Keep acting like a ***** though. Lets see what happens in a year. Hope the Bills draft him just to see your head explode.

Not athletic, lololol, keep scouting from your moms basement *****.

Buffalogic
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
You're the one acting like a fool. Not athletic, guy was tight end, if anything his athleticism is the one standout feature since he needs to develop more strength.

Keep acting like a ***** though. Lets see what happens in a year. Hope the Bills draft him just to see your head explode.

Not athletic, lololol, keep scouting from your moms basement *****.
Translation: 'Hi I'm fourteen, whoops dad needs to use the computer now, k bai'

Bert102176
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
i really hope that we can slide down in the draft to get picks in rounds 2-4. This team needs bodies in a bad way for the OL and some heavy competition at LB.

yeah, we need WR, and CB's, but i think CB's should get better from our front 7 and i thought the WR core was good when healthy.

the team has bodies they need true starters and not career back-ups starting

Beebe
03-30-2012, 09:46 PM
FLOYD