View Full Version : Tannehill

Mike
03-30-2012, 12:04 PM
What do you think of QB Tannehill?

Joe Fo Sho
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
What do you think of QB Tannehill?

I don't want to give up what we would have to to draft him. Even if he falls to 10, I still don't want to use our pick on him.

Novacane
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
I think he will go higher than he should because he's a QB

better days
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
I think he will smell of FISH breath this year.

MikeInRoch
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I think that he will be decent enough that I hope Cleveland takes him instead of Miami.

Mike13
03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure he's worth a top 10 pick. He has a good skill set but he is still raw.

don137
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I think he better get use to being on his back when playing Buffalo.

acehole
03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
I think he better get use to being on his back when playing Buffalo.

He could go to Sab's mom for advice on how to deal with that...
:lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

CleveSteve
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
I think that he will be decent enough that I hope Cleveland takes him instead of Miami.

blech.

Billsouth
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
If Miami passes on him he will free fall like Jimmy clausen two years ago

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Bill Polian said on Sirius today that he's very high on Tannehill. Says that arm strength, size, field intelligence, work ethic are all impressive, worthy of a high pick. Only reservation is quantity of experience.

elltrain22
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
he's Brady Quinn part deux!! With that said, he'll be a very welcome addition to the Phins!!

BidsJr
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
he's Brady
Quinn part deux!!

LoL

No he is not.

Extremebillsfan247
03-30-2012, 09:28 PM
What do you think of QB Tannehill? I only watched him play against Northwestern last year. I wasn't impressed by his decision making in that game. He made a lot of the little high percentage throws, dinks, and dunks, etc.
But it seemed like every time he held the ball for 5 seconds or longer, it was either over thrown, under thrown, dropped, or picked off. His pocket awareness was poor in that game too. Maybe it's a lack of experience? But, I'd seen enough to know I wouldn't want the Bills taking him at 10. But that is my opinion.

TigerJ
03-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I've only seen him play once. The offense he played in had a lot of dink and dunk. Mostly what I know is what I've read. He's a good athlete with good arm strength and accuracy, and he has good size. He's raw, being a relatively recent switch from wide receiver. The other knock on him is that he has small hands. In theory, that makes him more prone to fumbling than a QB with large hands. Because he's raw and came from a somewhat unconventional (non-pro) system there is risk in taking him in the top ten where he's expected to go. I would not especially be in favor of the Bills taking him because Fitzpatrick is locked in to starting in 2012, and Tannehill would therefore not make the team any better in 2012. There is a decent chance that he'll end up being a good QB, so I could live with the Bills taking him even though it would not be my first choice.

That said, I think the odds are he'll go to Miami at #8, since Miami lost out on all their free agent QB targets.

Mike
03-31-2012, 04:02 AM
Quick Observations

Arm strength: very good
Release: quick
Accuracy: very good
Reading Defenses: good; lots of pre-snap reads, quick passing attack, changes some plays at the line. Dink & donk offense
Decision making: overall decent; throws into coverage, good & bad decisions
Running/bootlegs: very good on bootlegs; good college runner = ok pro runner
Awareness: ok; sometimes needs to step into pocket more & make quicker decisions/plays

Overall: I like Tennehil. He's an athletic QB that has a quick strong arm. Can run around. Excels at quick passing attack. Reminds me of a youngee Jay Cutler or a Joe Flaco. Pro potential, good-very good QB but not great.

Mike
Quick Observations

Reading Defenses: good; lots of pre-snap reads, quick passing attack, changes some plays at the line. Dink & donk offense
Awareness: ok; sometimes needs to step into pocket more & make quicker decisions/plays

Overall: I like Tennehil. He's an athletic QB that has a quick strong arm. Can run around. Excels at quick passing attack. Reminds me of a youngee Jay Cutler or a Joe Flaco. Pro potential, good-very good QB but not great.

Mike
Quick Observations

Mike
Quick Observations

Mike
Quick Observations

Mike
03-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Sorry browser froze & posted it like 5 times

better days
03-31-2012, 06:30 AM

So go back & delete 4 of them.

Mr. Miyagi
03-31-2012, 10:48 AM
If Miami passes on him he will free fall like Jimmy clausen two years ago
1. Miami would be stupid to pass on him as they have no QB.
2. I don't want him.
3. Dead on with the free fall comment.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
I think he will smell of FISH breath this year.

i don't think so. he's not THAT desparate to hook up with acehole's mom.

ddaryl
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think he will make it to #10. he has got enough potential to be a solid NFL starter.. Will need some groom time

PTI
03-31-2012, 11:09 AM
1. Miami would be stupid to pass on him as they have no QB.
2. I don't want him.
3. Dead on with the free fall comment.
Geesh, Matt Moore was better than Fitz was at any time ever in his career and they have no QB, what the heck do we have then? We have nothing.

EDIT: Crybabies taking rep points away, Whah, Whah, WHah, please show how Fitz was better than Matt Moore, and good luck.

TigerJ
04-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, you got your point across.

BillsOverDolphins
04-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Hell no. Big 12 QBs blow