PDA

View Full Version : Floyd vs Gilmore

Raptor
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
These are the two players I think that its down to for us. Both fit Buddy's criteria for a first rounder. I like them both, so I'm torn. Floyd is just a beast and really the only difference between him and Blackmon for me is the off the field stuff. Every game I watched of his he always made at least 1 or 2 wow catches and always made his presence known

Gilmore has been a starter at CB in the SEC since he was a freshman and that is no Joke and pretty impressive. He didn't have nearly the support and pass rush that Claiborne and Dre got from their front 7's so he had to cover a lot longer and support the run much more. Physically and mentally he's got what it takes to be a very good CB in this league

So who would you rather have if its JUST BETWEEN FLOYD AND GILMORE?

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/floyd-257x300.jpg

vs

http://newnfldraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Stephen-Gilmore1-283x300.jpg

Bert102176
03-30-2012, 06:42 PM
would rather have happy gilmore then that gilmore, I am pro Floyd all the way

Beebe
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
FLOYD

elltrain22
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
no brainer imo

i don't care floyd can play, i think he'll be a solid wr in the nfl

Extremebillsfan247
03-30-2012, 11:01 PM
These are the two players I think that its down to for us. Both fit Buddy's criteria for a first rounder. I like them both, so I'm torn. Floyd is just a beast and really the only difference between him and Blackmon for me is the off the field stuff. Every game I watched of his he always made at least 1 or 2 wow catches and always made his presence known

Gilmore has been a starter at CB in the SEC since he was a freshman and that is no Joke and pretty impressive. He didn't have nearly the support and pass rush that Claiborne and Dre got from their front 7's so he had to cover a lot longer and support the run much more. Physically and mentally he's got what it takes to be a very good CB in this league

So who would you rather have if its JUST BETWEEN FLOYD AND GILMORE?

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/floyd-257x300.jpg

vs

http://newnfldraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Stephen-Gilmore1-283x300.jpg All the really good to great receivers always have a little bit of craziness / prima donna in them. Look at Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Brandon Marshall, etc. Just examples. You could even add Stevie Johnson to that if you wanted a broader example. I'm not saying Floyd will be that good, but his off the field issues (nothing of serious note anyway), should not be a deterrent provided his talent level is high enough.

I'd take Floyd over Gilmore for 2 reasons. 1, Floyd would probably do more for our offense immediately than Gilmore would for our defense. 2, We already drafted a CB in the 2nd round last year in Aaron Williams. So, why turn around and draft another one this year with the 10th overall pick if another prospect is sitting there that potentially brings a more immediate impact to your team? Maybe it's a dumb question to ask, but that just wouldn't seem logical in my opinion.

djjimkelly
03-30-2012, 11:29 PM
fine with both

but would rather have floyd we need a solid 2 or 1a and 1b

BertSquirtgum
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
who the **** is gilmore?

paladin warrior
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
who the **** is gilmore?
Good question

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2012, 02:10 AM
I know who he is but it was a joke. Anyone that would take Stephon at 10 instead of Michael should be slapped in the face with a rotten fish.

alohabillsfan
03-31-2012, 06:17 AM
I think its harder to find good to great corners than it is to find WR's. Best case scenario is to be able to trade down and consider taking CB Jenkins. If he can get his off the field life in order he will be a pro bowl corner. But, thats the dreaded IF...

mjt328
03-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Count me in the minority that doesn't like Stephon Gilmore.

He's not very good in man coverage. He usually plays the receiver very loose and doesn't have a great break on the ball. I don't see him as a big improvement over the guys we already have starting.

Personally, I like Dre Kirkpatrick a lot more. He isn't flashy and doesn't get a lot of picks. But he's very good in man coverage and is an excellent tackler. He reminds me a lot of Antonie Winfield.

Luisito23
03-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Count me in the minority that doesn't like Stephon Gilmore.

You're definitely not in the minority.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm in the majority

YardRat
03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Defense wins championships.

#2 WR vs #2 cornerback, cornerback wins.

BillsOverDolphins
03-31-2012, 01:44 PM
No more drafting DB's please.

Give me Floyd.

we are
03-31-2012, 01:50 PM
No more drafting DB's please.

Give me Floyd.

Right...the bills are definitely set at corner.

BillsOverDolphins
03-31-2012, 01:56 PM

No, but how many duds do we have to draft there? Get one through FA, stop wasting high picks on DB's that can't even play the nickel.

Unless Morris freaking Claiborne is sitting there, stay away from DB early. Having Floyd makes us MUCH more dangerous than having Gilmore. Besides, our improved pass-rush will make our CB's look better anyways.

Raptor
03-31-2012, 02:06 PM

No were not, and the bottom could really fall out this year at the CB spot

McGee and Flo are both on the wrong side of 30. McGee can't stay healthy and Flo looked old last year and I imagine that regression won't stop this year

McKelvin is also on the final year of his deal

Williams looked good but is still green

same with Rogers but his upside to me is only as a nickel CB

We need to draft a CB this year and not just a mid round one we're going to need a starting quality one across from Williams assuming he keeps progressing and McKelvin stays the same

Make no mistake about it, we are not set at CB

BillsOverDolphins
03-31-2012, 02:08 PM

McGee and Flo are both on the wrong side of 30. McGee can't stay healthy and Flo looked old last year and I imagine that regression won't stop this year

We need to draft a CB this year and not just a mid round one we're going to need a starting quality one across from Williams assuming he keeps progressing and McKelvin stays the same

sarcasm, scro

kingJofNYC
03-31-2012, 02:12 PM

We're set at corner and LT, haven't you heard?

McGee shouldn't even be in the conversation, hasn't played anything close to a full season in 3 years. We have 2 young corners, McBust, and Florence who was terrible at times last year.

Remember the Cowboys game, with Flo and McKelvin on the outside, torched time and time again. That's our secondary people, thank god we're set at corner!

alohabillsfan
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
I think its harder to find good to great corners than it is to find WR's. Best case scenario is to be able to trade down and consider taking CB Jenkins. If he can get his off the field life in order he will be a pro bowl corner. But, thats the dreaded IF...

5 of us get street cred.... :biggrin:

Buffalogic
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Good call on the thread