• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

It Will Come Down To These 3 At #10..

I have no clue what the Bills are thinking...I don't receive information from " My Sources " , I haven't broken into the Bills War room , I don't hide outside in the bushes at Tempo restaurant or blog nonsense from my mothers basement..Anyone can read multiple sites on the internet.

Name 3 guys you think will be there at #10 and the Bills will strongly consider...not who you personally want..

I'm thinking no LT is starter ready & worth the #10 pick. That's probably Round 2 or 3. The WR's can be had in Rounds #2-5. Floyd has too many red flags.

So that leaves us looking for maybe an outside LB and probably a CB, since I still think we need at least 2 (if not 3) with an aging brittle McGee, aging Florence and soon to be moved/zero ball awareness McKelvin.

So my 3, in any order, are

1. Boston College LB Luke Kuechly - who can play inside or outside. Instinctive & productive. Please spare me the Poz comparisons, since he attacks the ball and is far quicker.
    2. Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick - size, high profile, great production, wears #21 like McKelvin and former roommate Dareus being here.
    3. South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore - size, speed, production, big junior year, very athletic.

They can play a ton right away over projects, which is why I'm picking these 3. Plus those are indeed need positions. I don't care about value/projections from Kiper,McShay or PFW. That always proves worthless on draft weekend, once the picks are made.

Your turn...
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: It Will Come Down To These 3 At #10..

Originally posted by Night Train
    I have no clue what the Bills are thinking...I don't receive information from " My Sources " , I haven't broken into the Bills War room , I don't hide outside in the bushes at Tempo restaurant or blog nonsense from my mothers basement..Anyone can read multiple sites on the internet.

Link ?

I still think Reiff and Martin are very much part of the #10 discussion... Your #1 and #2 picks make sense to me as BPA's

Gilmore has just started coming into the conversation, so I'm not really up on his worth
    Last edited by ddaryl; 04-01-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

1. Boston College LB Luke Kuechly - Growing on me. I think I would really like this pick.
      2. ND WR M. Floyd - ND fan and watched him play. He is going to be a good one I think. And has the size we need at WR.
      3. South Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore = My fav corner that should be left.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
        1. Boston College LB Luke Kuechly - Growing on me. I think I would really like this pick.
        2. ND WR M. Floyd - ND fan and watched him play. He is going to be a good one I think. And has the size we need at WR.

Too much of a reach for Kirkpatrick.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

1) Gilmore CB we have 2 corners with 10 years exp. (Mcgee, Florance)
          2) David DeCastro, OL, possibly the best RG in 10 years. We have 2 RFA Guards.
          3) Luke Kuechly. Where is Patrick Willis.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

If the Bills stay at #10, I still think Coples, Ingram or Upshaw should be the pick, but I would much rather see the Bills trade down.

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
              The more and more that I think about this, I think this is indeed the final 3, and I think that I would be happy with any of the three.

The only outside chance is David Decastro, I heard his interview on NFL radio the other night, and this guy is amazing. Pairing him with Wood and Levitre, would create a road mauling force like we have never seen. The holes for Freddy and CJ would be incredible, and our OLine would be NASTY.

Plus he is truly an elite player at his position. While guard is not the biggest need, if you add a truly elite player when you can, your team will always be better. Buliding talent on a team is what BPA is all about, and has been a knock on the Bills for years since Nix got here. That is not only how you build overall talent but depth, having better players behind truly great players.

Any of these four would be great, but I really believe that Decastro would really elevate the entire Oline, someone that makes people around him better, and with 2 potential pro bowlers already, that is a scary thought.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
                The more and more that I think about this, I think this is indeed the final 3, and I think that I would be happy with any of the three.

The only outside chance is David Decastro, I heard his interview on NFL radio the other night, and this guy is amazing. Pairing him with Wood and Levitre, would create a road mauling force like we have never seen. The holes for Freddy and CJ would be incredible, and our OLine would be NASTY.

Plus he is truly an elite player at his position. While guard is not the biggest need, if you add a truly elite player when you can, your team will always be better. Buliding talent on a team is what BPA is all about, and has been a knock on the Bills for years since Nix got here. That is not only how you build overall talent but depth, having better players behind truly great players.

Any of these four would be great, but I really believe that Decastro would really elevate the entire Oline, someone that makes people around him better, and with 2 potential pro bowlers already, that is a scary thought.
                I agree with best player available & if the Bills go offense at #10, I think Decastro would be a great choice.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

1. Floyd
                  2. Coples
                  3. Kirkpatrick
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• hemi13
                    • Jan 2004

Trade up or down !!! We are building a very good D, need to work on the O.
                    Bills Backers of Tucson

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Rieff
                      Floyd
                      Coples
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

1 KIRKPATRICK
                        2 MARTIN
                        3 TRADE DOWN- MIKE ADAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

We're over-loaded right now at WR and DE which leads me to believe those aren't targeted positions in this draft. LBers, we'll probably carry as few as five in favor of d-linemen. I'm thinking CB or OT.

Reiff, Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

1a. Blackmon- Outside chance of it happening. Tannehill may push him down a bit.
                            1b. Floyd
                            2. Keuchley
                            3. Kirkpatrick

Then,

4. Gilmore
                            5. Martin
                            Last edited by X-Era; 04-01-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

I'd rather have Wright than Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                              X