• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bills to host another QB prospect

The Bills will get a visit from a second QB this off-season as they will host Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler. Osweiler just this weekend announced he has received a Green Room invitation to the month’s NFL Draft. It’s important to note that while no QB has last pasted pick 24 (Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay) while sitting in the Green Room, the NFL just last year expanded the invitation list to include some Day 2 prospects. Osweiler remains uncommitted on his invitation and will wait to make a decision
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills to host another QB prospect

I thought he said on NFLN that he was honored and will be attending.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Why are the Bills hosting QB's ?? Is there a chance we might be considering one early on draft day ?? I must be crazy but it seems that way.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        I thought he said on NFLN that he was honored and will be attending.
        Maybe he did, I was just going off the SBNation report on it. I haven't been home much this weekend.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Per NFL.com on Osweiler decision;
          Brock Osweiler did wonders for his draft appeal with a strong showing at his pro day, but he remains a polarizing figure among experts. In a chat with ATL, Osweiler explained his "risky" pro day strategy.

Here's what we know about Brock Osweiler: He's tall (6-foot-7). He's green (15 career starts at Arizona State). And nobody can come close to a collective agreement where he'll be drafted this month.

A standout pro day Friday only added to Osweiler's intrigue. NFL.com's Gil Brandt sees a future starter whose workout moved him into first-round consideration. Others, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi and Charley Casserly among them, consider Osweiler a mid- to late-round talent.

The league office seems to believe Osweiler could go early in the draft, inviting him to sit in the hallowed green room at Radio City Music Hall. Osweiler tweeted Friday that attending the draft was a childhood dream, but in an exclusive conversation with Around The League, he said he's unsure he'll make the trip
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
            Why are the Bills hosting QB's ?? Is there a chance we might be considering one early on draft day ?? I must be crazy but it seems that way.
            Its called due diligence.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Its called due diligence.
              Story of my life, you don't do that work unless your intent is to make a move that direction. You'll cut me in half but I'm telling you that QB is early on our radar, you're watching it happen.
              Last edited by Skooby; 04-01-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Just added more info on Bills history with Osweiler...very interesting trend.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Story of my life, you don't do that work unless your intent is to make a move that direction. You'll cut me in half but I'm telling you that QB is early on our radar, you're watching it happen.
                  I dont disagree, one bit but you're taking a broad leap and hoping to hit solid ground. That's not what I do.

Now I do think they will go QB earlier than I anticipate. Could it be at 10? I dont think its out of the realm of possibility anymore.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I dont disagree, one bit but you're taking a broad leap and hoping to hit solid ground. That's not what I do.

Now I do think they will go QB earlier than I anticipate. Could it be at 10? I dont think its out of the realm of possibility anymore.
                    My broad leap is getting filled in behind me, so I might have started from a closer point than a leap (like a step).

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Chan & Buddy have both said on more than one occasion that the Bills can win with Fitz for now, but because of his age they want to get someone to develop behind him.

It looks like Thigpen is not that guy. I would be worried about my job if I were him.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by better days
                        Chan & Buddy have both said on more than one occasion that the Bills can win with Fitz for now, but because of his age they want to get someone to develop behind him.

It looks like Thigpen is not that guy. I would be worried about my job if I were him.
                        We're not hosting QB's because we're solid in the spot, I think that goes without saying.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

Unless somehow 8 of the first 9 teams pass on Luck and/or RGIII, I just don't see the Bills picking a QB at 10. And the likelihood of one of those lasting until 10 is pretty much nil.
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

My broad leap is getting filled in behind me, so I might have started from a closer point than a leap (like a step).
                            Well one you didn't, you just logically concluded that Fitz regressed atrociously in the 2nd half and the Bills looked at QB hard the last two years so naturally they would look again.

You're intent on taking credit for things that aren't really credit worthy is somewhat mind boggling. But I guess if that's your angle so be it.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Well one you didn't, you just logically concluded that Fitz regressed atrociously in the 2nd half and the Bills looked at QB hard the last two years so naturally they would look again.

You're intent on taking credit for things that aren't really credit worthy is somewhat mind boggling. But I guess if that's your angle so be it.
                              There's a diffference between regression / stability in the QB position. Great QB's find a way to stay on the field at a high level & weak one's lower their standards. Fitz's didn't regress, he fell down in the face of adversity. If he couldn't play during the season & he was to hurt to play right in the second half of the season, call a spade a spade.

Fitz will not make all the throws or will bomb us out in long passes all day, he's like a stopgag in a choking position. We need a guy that can throw everywhere on the field & learn the position to its fullest, Fitz is a mediocre QB at best. Being the best middle of the road guy won't satisfy Chan or an offense guy, it just extends our ability to play near .500 ball.
                              Last edited by Skooby; 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X