PDA

View Full Version : So if Miami trades up to #3

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
So if Miami trades up to #3 to get Tannehill before Cleveland grabs him, should we trade up with Cleveland to get Kalil?

I like Kalil a whole lot more than the other OTs and CBs. Maybe Floyd I'd be happy with at 10 but that's about it.

Skooby
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
So if Miami trades up to #3 to get Tannehill before Cleveland grabs him, should we trade up with Cleveland to get Kalil?

I like Kalil a whole lot more than the other OTs and CBs. Maybe Floyd I'd be happy with at 10 but that's about it.

Tannehill is more in demand than what has been printed, he's en fuego.

CleveSteve
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
It would be very expensive. The rams want Kalil too (allegedly) and the browns would much rather go to 6 than 10. The discussion would have to start with next year's first.

DraftBoy
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
It would be very expensive. The rams want Kalil too (allegedly) and the browns would much rather go to 6 than 10. The discussion would have to start with next year's first.

And moving next year's first is a non-starter for the Bills.

Skooby
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Cheap draft picks (contract wise) versus the old system have a way of looking smart for a team without a QB, Miami is lost right now.

clumping platelets
04-02-2012, 04:59 AM
If he falls to #5...........#10 and Fred Jackson for Kalil at #5

:ontome:

clumping platelets
Sign Ryan Grant

clumping platelets
:tomato:

Night Train
04-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Kalil is rated the best of the LT prospects but is not worth trading up for.

Stay put or trade down, if an extra 2nd or 3rd can be aquired. We need players all over the place. Blinders off.

ThunderGun
04-03-2012, 09:45 AM

No chance. It would take much more than that.

ddaryl
04-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I really owuld not want to trade Freddie.. he is just that much better then Spiller is. Although Spiller could keep improving, there isn't a single thing Freddie does that Spiller does better...

trading up is way to expensive a price to pay for a LT.. A stud QB like Luck sure.. but a LT probably not worth the cost

How about this fantasy trade, Spencer and/or Edwards, #10 this year our 3rd this year, and our 2nd next year..... We have a plethora of DE and DT's on the roster.

djjimkelly
04-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Tannehill is more in demand than what has been printed, he's en fuego.

i think it explains why they truly werent in the matt flynn race i know they hosted him but they didnt try hard

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2012, 10:17 AM

:ontome:
:negrep:

trapezeus
04-03-2012, 10:24 AM
the best rated LT at the 4th pick????makes me scared. and we'd be trading more to get that.

bills are in a crappy situation draft wise. not enough talent to trade down, no one they need at 10. I think they'll stay put and take the BPA. That will be a WR, CB, or LB. We could get better at all those positions.

Extremebillsfan247
04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
If Miami traded up to 3 for Tannehill, they are even more screwed up than I thought. I would also not be in favor of the Bills trading up. They just came off of a barely 6 - 10 season. This team can't afford to give up draft picks, at least not yet. JMO

cpearl
04-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Kalil is a STUD. He will be better than Jake Long and a perennial pro bowler. Can you imagine our line with him, Levitre and Wood? Insane. If there is a chance we can trade up for him, we better do it.

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Bill Polian said this morning he though Kalil and Reiff are very close, that Kalil is more developed and good footwork but lacks strength, and Reiff is as good in all the intangibles and stronger, just needs more development but will be as good as Kalil.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 10:49 PM
I really owuld not want to trade Freddie.. he is just that much better then Spiller is. Although Spiller could keep improving, there isn't a single thing Freddie does that Spiller does better...

trading up is way to expensive a price to pay for a LT.. A stud QB like Luck sure.. but a LT probably not worth the cost

How about this fantasy trade, Spencer and/or Edwards, #10 this year our 3rd this year, and our 2nd next year..... We have a plethora of DE and DT's on the roster.
Really because we made 4 Super Bowls with Will Worford at LT and Jim Kelly at QB. Yet made 0 Super Bowl with LT of choice and Jim Kelly at QB.

ddaryl
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Really because we made 4 Super Bowls with Will Worford at LT and Jim Kelly at QB. Yet made 0 Super Bowl with LT of choice and Jim Kelly at QB.

?????

did we trade up for Wolford , Did we trade up for Kelly ??

I really having a hard time understanding your point here. My point being mortgaging the farm to get a LT is not as fruitful as a can't miss QB prospect.

trading up means losing the players you could of drafted... We didn't' trade up for either of those player

PTI
04-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Arguing about players from 20 years ago. Ugh.