View Full Version : Sideline Scouting Mock

The Spaz
04-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Not bad IMO.

Pick 10. Riley Reiff (OT Iowa)

Pick 41. Coby Fleener (TE-Stanford)

Pick 71. Joe Adams (WR-Arkansas)

Pick 105. Casey Hayward (CB-Vanderbilt)

Pick 124. James-Michael Johnson (LB-Nevada)

Pick 144. Ryan Lindley (QB-San Diego State)

Pick 147. Donte Paige-Moss (DT-North Carolina)

Pick 178. Tony Bergstrom (OG-Utah)

Pick 217. Brett Roy (DL-Nevada)

Pick 251. Caleb McSurdy (LB-Montana)

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

better days
04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
I hate that mock. 10 is way too high to draft Reiff. Mayock does not think he should be drafted before the mid 20's.

SquishDaFish
04-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Dont like it

TigerJ
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Funny how the feelings about Reiff have changed. He meets a need, and most of the pundits who talk about him think he'll be a solid left tackle. He just lacks the elite athleticism of Kalil. Fleener would be a great pick in the second. I'm not sure the Bills think they're that needy at TE. After that, things get more iffy. I think Joe Adams will be a solid slot receiver. I don't think he's the #1 or 2 receiver you can pair with Steve Johnson. Hayward looks to be a solid CB if not an elite one (no, I know you're not going to get an elite on in the fourth round, so it's a good pick). I know nothing about Johnson, Bergstrom, Roy or McSurdy. Lindley is a developmental guy with good measurables and disappointing numbers in college. Paige-Moss, of course is that North Carolina DE/OLB with the great physical talent who is a complete train wreck as far as his head is concerned. The guys I know nothing about have a great bearing on whether this is a decent mock or an aweful one. I don't think I could ever put it in the category of a great one.

Night Train
04-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Seems people that watch film and once scouted full time, like Kirwan & Mayock, see Reiff as a RT or OG due to having average feet and getting beat wide.

That concerns me.

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I like the Fleener pick in the 2nd round but Reiff does kinda scare me at #10

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
My gut feel is that we'll take Jonathan Martin at #10.

Though I want Floyd instead.

kingJofNYC
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I hate that mock. 10 is way too high to draft Reiff. Mayock does not think he should be drafted before the mid 20's.

In January, 25th to be exact, Mayock had Reiff ahead of Kalil in his position rankings. What game have they both played in since his original rankings? Why the shift? Or was his original list based off hype and not on film? Amazing how things change even though no one has played a down in months.

I'd take Fleener and Reiff, one two, in a heart beat. Two legit first round talents, Fleeners a stud and may get us a mulligan for passing on Gronk.

Mayock's rankings in Jan.

1. Riley Reiff, Iowa
2. Matt Kalil, USC
3. Jonathan Martin, Stanford
4. Mike Adams, Ohio State
T-5. James Brown, Troy
T-5. Zebrie Sanders, Florida State

A month later they were swapped. Either he didn't watch film on his first go or he just rolls with the herd.

justasportsfan
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
experts are now saying Fleener wont make it to the 2nd rd. :idunno:

more cowbell
04-02-2012, 01:26 PM
This Ryan Lindley kid has a cannon. I really like him a lot (maybe I am biased because I watched him play here at San Diego State)...I really do think he has some great physical attributes that would translate to the NFL game.

On the Reiff pick...I do not see the Bills taking him. Everything I've heard says they are in love with Jonathan Martin because of his experience and because he is a "smart football player".

I would still rather have Michael Floyd if he's there at 10.

kingJofNYC
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
In January, 25th to be exact, Mayock had Reiff ahead of Kalil in his position rankings. What game have they both played in since his original rankings? Why the shift? Or was his original list based off hype and not on film? Amazing how things change even though no one has played a down in months.

I'd take Fleener and Reiff, one two, in a heart beat. Two legit first round talents, Fleeners a stud and may get us a mulligan for passing on Gronk.

Mayock's rankings in Jan.

1. Riley Reiff, Iowa
2. Matt Kalil, USC
3. Jonathan Martin, Stanford
4. Mike Adams, Ohio State
T-5. James Brown, Troy
T-5. Zebrie Sanders, Florida State

A month later they were swapped. Either he didn't watch film on his first go or he just rolls with the herd.

utmhead
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Adams will be gone before 71 IMO

BillsWin
04-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Not bad IMO.

Pick 10. Riley Reiff (OT Iowa)

Pick 41. Coby Fleener (TE-Stanford)

Pick 71. Joe Adams (WR-Arkansas)

Pick 105. Casey Hayward (CB-Vanderbilt)

Pick 124. James-Michael Johnson (LB-Nevada)

Pick 144. Ryan Lindley (QB-San Diego State)

Pick 147. Donte Paige-Moss (DT-North Carolina)

Pick 178. Tony Bergstrom (OG-Utah)

Pick 217. Brett Roy (DL-Nevada)

Pick 251. Caleb McSurdy (LB-Montana)

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

I could live with it but it's not my favorite draft.