PDA

View Full Version : I like nfldraftcountdown.com mock draft for us

Sportsuser101
04-03-2012, 06:52 AM
He has us taking Michael Floyd and Mike Adams. In my opinion that is an ideal situation for rounds 1 and 2. Im convinced Floyd should be the pick and Adams is good value in the 2nd round. Scott is usually pretty accurate. One can only hope.

ublinkwescore
04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Link?

Pinkerton Security
04-03-2012, 07:14 AM
haha...

nfldraftcountdown.com

its in the title.

tampabay25690
04-03-2012, 07:55 AM
That would be a nice 1-2 pick

Jan Reimers
04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I really like Adams' value in the 2nd round. But while we need a receiver, I think Floyd at 10 in round 1 is a bit of a reach. I'd rather go BPA, regardless of position. I think players better than Floyd will be available there.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 09:13 AM
It's likely that the BPA will be DeCastro, a guard.

elltrain22
04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
That would be great, but I don't think Adams will last till the 2nd round.

Sportsuser101
04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
I really like Adams' value in the 2nd round. But while we need a receiver, I think Floyd at 10 in round 1 is a bit of a reach. I'd rather go BPA, regardless of position. I think players better than Floyd will be available there.

I may be a bit biased because I am a Notre Dame fan but I like Floyd more then Blackmon. I think Floyd is a perfect fit for us. Look at how bad our passing game looked at the end of the season. Yes Freddy being out hurt alot but it wasn't just all him. Floyd not only helps the passing game but he's a superb run blocker and is dynamic in the redzone. He reminds me so much of Fitzgerald and its not just because they are both from Minnesota. I think he is a top 5 talent and is a big need for us. I just have a feeling jacksonville has eyes on him.

ddaryl
04-03-2012, 09:45 AM
It's likely that the BPA will be DeCastro, a guard.

We might not need help in the middle, but I would never complain about adding top talent to the OL or DL in almost any situation

He would basically push Urbik into a depth player, and that is not a bad thing considering our need for quality depth.

Floyd/Adams 1-2 would not be a bad scenario either

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Adams won't last until round 2, guaranteed.

Sportsuser101
04-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Adams won't last until round 2, guaranteed.

Nothing in the draft is a guarantee.

better days
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Well, it is pretty much a guarantee Luck & RGIII will go #1 & #2. After that all bets are off.

Luisito23
04-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm really torn on DeCastro, and Floyd.

I really like them both though, and will not complain if we go either way.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I may be a bit biased because I am a Notre Dame fan but I like Floyd more then Blackmon. I think Floyd is a perfect fit for us. Look at how bad our passing game looked at the end of the season. Yes Freddy being out hurt alot but it wasn't just all him. Floyd not only helps the passing game but he's a superb run blocker and is dynamic in the redzone. He reminds me so much of Fitzgerald and its not just because they are both from Minnesota. I think he is a top 5 talent and is a big need for us. I just have a feeling jacksonville has eyes on him.
If Floyd was another Fitzgerald there's no way the Rams would have traded down from pick 2. As Fitzgerald is a unique talent. Do I like Floyd as a pick for the Bills? Yes but only if Reiff or Martin are both off the board. As I'd rather reach an a chance at a getting our next elite LT than on a WR who's going to serve as a #2 WRs at best as a rookie. To me take a WR after the 1st Round and am okay with it. I'd prefer a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd Round.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
As I'd rather reach an a chance at a getting our next elite LT than on a WR who's going to serve as a #2 WRs at best as a rookie.

Players aren't drafted for what they'll do in their rookie years.

And what if the WR has a better chance of being elite than the LTs?

Forward_Lateral
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM

I'll bet you 10,000 zbs that Adams goes in round 1.

BertSquirtgum
04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I really hope the Bills draft Michael Floyd.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Players aren't drafted for what they'll do in their rookie years.

And what if the WR has a better chance of being elite than the LTs?
We already have a top 15 NFL WR in Stevie. We just need a compliment which means hey doesn't have to be great. I've stated numerous times in numerous threads about getting the best collection of talent. I don't see any OTs in the draft that could honestly step in as a LT from day 1 outside of Kahlil, Reiff or Martin. In comparison I could a number of guys contribute as a second WR that could be had after Round 1. As a result I go for a big man.

Look at our O-line closely, LT 4th Round pick if we keep Hairston, LG Levitre 1st Round, C Wood 1st Round, RG Urbrik 3rd Round, RT Pears Undrafted.

In comparison QB Fitzpatrick 7th Round pick, starting RB Jackson Undrafted, TE Chandler 4th Round pick, WR1 Stevie Johnson 7th Round pick, WR2 Donald Jones, Undrafted and WR3 David Nelson Undrafted.

To me it tells me we have more "talent" invested in our O-line than our skilled position players or in other words Gailey knows how to get the most of the skilled guys he has but needs better guys upfront for it to work. We can all sit here and claim that Hariston played well as a rookie which is true in the begining but as the season wore on he wasn't as good and that is part of the reason the offense started to play worse coupled with the loss to our starting RB.

If you look at most mock boards Reiff ranks higher than Floyd in almost every one. Martin's value is a little lower than Floyd in some and higher in others so tough to gauge but again I'm all for getting a better O-lineman first and skilled position second. Also if you think I was being short sighted for only the 2012 season then look at my endless posts for old drafts when call for OT prospects in the 1st Round almost every year? Why? because to me you can have a great offense without a great offensive line first.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
We already have a top 15 NFL WR in Stevie. We just need a compliment which means hey doesn't have to be great. I've stated numerous times in numerous threads about getting the best collection of talent. I don't see any OTs in the draft that could honestly step in as a LT from day 1 outside of Kahlil, Reiff or Martin. As a result I go for a big man. Look at our O-line closely, LT 4th Round pick if we keep Hairston, LG Levitre 1st Round, C Wood 1st Round, RG Urbrik 3rd Round, RT Pears Undrafted.

In comparison QB Fitzpatrick 7th Round pick, starting RB Jackson Undrafted, TE Chandler 4th Round pick, WR1 Stevie Johnson 7th Round pick, WR2 Donald Jones, Undrafted and WR3 David Nelson Undrafted.

To me it tells me we have more "talent" invested in our O-line than our skilled position players or in other words Gailey knows how to get the most of the skilled guys he has but needs better guys upfront for it to work. We can all sit here and claim that Hariston played well as a rookie which is true in the begining but as the season wore on he wasn't as good and that is part of the reason the offense started to play worse coupled with the loss to are starting RB.

I don't necessarily disagree, but there's some question as whether Reiff or Martin are the answer either. I'm not comfortable with either of them. If you want a lineman, your best bet is DeCastro.
Taking Spiller 9th overall shows they'll draft a skill player high if they really like him. And that's the key to any draft pick: You have to take the individual you like the most. Not the position.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't necessarily disagree, but there's some question as whether Reiff or Martin are the answer either. I'm not comfortable with either of them. If you want a lineman, your best bet is DeCastro.
Taking Spiller 9th overall shows they'll draft a skill player high if they really like him. And that's the key to any draft pick: You have to take the individual you like the most. Not the position.
Every prospect has question marks but to me I'd rather have a prospect with less question marks (see better talented guy) at my LT spot than my position players. As I'm all about getting the best talent upfront and hopefully my coaching staff can make up a scheme that put's my position players in position to make plays.

DeCastro forecasts as an OG, we don't need one as actually think OG is one of our strongest positions both in the 2 starters and primary backup we have. In terms of Spiller, looking back we could have taken Bulaga in Round 1 and a guy like James Stark in Round 6. Is that a better combo than Spiller and Ed Wang? Or heck we could have taken Anthony Davis at pick 11 and a guy like Anthony Dixon in Round 5. Again another combo better than Spiller and Wang.
Spiller's a depth guy and Wangs out of the league. Meanwhile Bulaga and Davis are starting for two of the better NFC teams and Starks, when healthy, is starting and Dixon is a depth guy.

tampabay25690
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll bet you 10,000 zbs that Adams goes in round 1.

I will also bet we don't draft a guard at #10

Philagape
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
DeCastro forecasts as an OG, we don't need one as actually think OG is one of our strongest positions both in the 2 starters and primary backup we have. In terms of Spiller, looking back we could have taken Bulaga in Round 1 and a guy like James Stark in Round 6. Is that a better combo than Spiller and Ed Wang? Or heck we could have taken Anthony Davis and a guy like Anthony Dixon, Again another combo better than Spiller and Wang. Yet I know I'm sure you could come up with a WR/LT combo that might refute my claim but I like the model that two teams that made the NFC Championship the last two years vs the ones the Bills have used.

I didn't say I agreed with the Spiller approach, but you cited the Bills' history trying to argue otherwise. They don't have a strict positional philosophy, as they shouldn't, which is all I'm saying.
Look at the teams that have won recent SBs: the Giants, Packers, Saints, Colts, Steelers were loaded in skill positions more than their o-lines. Either approach works if you get the right guys. The draft is about getting the right guys. You have to evaluate the individual before you just look at his position.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I didn't say I agreed with the Spiller approach, but you cited the Bills' history trying to argue otherwise. They don't have a strict positional philosophy, as they shouldn't, which is all I'm saying.
Look at the teams that have won recent SBs: the Giants, Packers, Saints, Colts, Steelers were loaded in skill positions more than their o-lines. Either approach works if you get the right guys. The draft is about getting the right guys. You have to evaluate the individual before you just look at his position.
I am looking at the position in reguard to the entire draft as again right guys to me equates to right collection of talent and to me a team with say OT Reiff, WR Jeffrey, and CB Dennard is better than say WR Floyd, CB Brandon Boykin OT James Brown.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I am looking at the position in reguard to the entire draft as again right guys to me equates to right collection of talent and to me a team with say OT Reiff, WR Jeffrey, and CB Dennard is better than say WR Floyd, CB Brandon Boykin OT James Brown.

That'd be great if a team could plan their whole draft that way. But 31 other teams kinda puts a wrench in that.
Reminds me of my first fantasy draft, which was entirely auto and I preprogrammed which positions to take in which round. The NFL doesn't work that way.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
That'd be great if a team could plan their whole draft that way. But 31 other teams kinda puts a wrench in that.
Reminds me of my first fantasy draft, which was entirely auto and I preprogrammed which positions to take in which round. The NFL doesn't work that way.
No but you can still do mock drafts and anticipate where certain players or levels of talent will fall. As in fantasy, and real, drafts I'm all about the tiered approach which is what I'm trying to relate to people but too many are just focused on one guy making a difference but again that's short sighted.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Mock drafts mean absolutely nothing.
As do fantasy drafts.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Mock drafts mean absolutely nothing.
As do fantasy drafts.
Yeah because real teams don't make mock drafts themselves after creating their draft boards in a better effort to see what talent's available. :crazed:

Philagape
04-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah because real teams don't make mock drafts themselves after creating their draft boards in a better effort to see what talent's available. :crazed:

The only talent that's available is what's actually available in the actual draft. Guys who they thought might be there might not be, and vice-versa. I don't care who does it, it's meaningless. Only one draft counts.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 10:23 PM
The only talent that's available is what's actually available in the actual draft. Guys who they thought might be there might not be, and vice-versa. I don't care who does it, it's meaningless. Only one draft counts.
Yes only one draft counts and that's why I think it's foolish to reach for a WR that most rank as a lesser prospect than a LT talent like Reiff when both are a position of need and by most accounts the position of WR is deeper than OT in the draft.

Tatonka
04-03-2012, 10:48 PM
i would much rather take a LT or a CB in round 1 and see us get Hill (wr from georgia tech) in round 2. i love everything i have seen from the kid. he is a bit raw due to not getting used that much, but when they threw the ball to him, he got it. he is big, he is very fast, and has good hands. he is a physical freak. with gailey's ties to GT, i could definately see us taking the kid. he would be a perfect number 2 with potential to be a number 1. he is the one guy i really want in this draft.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes only one draft counts and that's why I think it's foolish to reach for a WR that most rank as a lesser prospect than a LT talent like Reiff when both are a position of need and by most accounts the position of WR is deeper than OT in the draft.

"Most" rank Reiff ahead of Floyd?? Not from what I've seen. And certainly not after the ND pro day. There's no consensus either way. All that matters is where the Bills rank them.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 11:03 PM
We don't even know if Reiff will be a LT in the NFL

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 11:11 PM
We don't even know if Reiff will be a LT in the NFL
and we don't know if Floyd can be a starting WR in the NFL either. That said, hate to sound like a broken record, but I like my chances on Reiff and a WR later in the draft exceeding far more than Floyd and another LT later in the draft. As to me the gap between Reiff and a lesser LT to me is far greater than the gap between Floyd and a lesser WR. Again giving the team a better talent pool to play with.

Philagape
04-04-2012, 12:31 AM
and we don't know if Floyd can be a starting WR in the NFL either. That said, hate to sound like a broken record, but I like my chances on Reiff and a WR later in the draft exceeding far more than Floyd and another LT later in the draft. As to me the gap between Reiff and a lesser LT to me is far greater than the gap between Floyd and a lesser WR. Again giving the team a better talent pool to play with.

If you like Reiff that much, if you're confident he's the answer at LT, a long-term stud, then that's who you should want.

Sportsuser101
04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
If Floyd was another Fitzgerald there's no way the Rams would have traded down from pick 2. As Fitzgerald is a unique talent. Do I like Floyd as a pick for the Bills? Yes but only if Reiff or Martin are both off the board. As I'd rather reach an a chance at a getting our next elite LT than on a WR who's going to serve as a #2 WRs at best as a rookie. To me take a WR after the 1st Round and am okay with it. I'd prefer a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd Round.

Just because somebody else doesn't think Floyd is a Fitzgerald type doesn't mean my opinion is wrong. It's my opinion. I like Reiff but I think hes more of a right tackle then a left tackle. I don't think Martin is going to be good right away.

RoscoeMagic
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Hey, remember the last time we wanted to draft a WR early to fill the #2 WR void?

JAMES HARDY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sportsuser101
04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey, remember the last time we wanted to draft a WR early to fill the #2 WR void?

JAMES HARDY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Remember the last time we drafted a tackle in the 1st round? Mike Williams. Look at the last QB we drafted in round 1. JP Losman. Just because in your past you draft a position and it doesn't work out doesn't mean you don't draft that position.

Philagape
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Remember the last time we drafted a tackle in the 1st round? Mike Williams. Look at the last QB we drafted in round 1. JP Losman. Just because in your past you draft a position and it doesn't work out doesn't mean you don't draft that position.

If that were the rule, the Bills should just stay home on draft day. They've failed at every position and every philosophy.

RoscoeMagic
04-04-2012, 10:57 AM

When did I advocate not selecting Floyd?

I was just sayin...