PDA

View Full Version : Sulzer: Another shrewd move by Darcy

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I know we all like to rag on Regier but man does he make trades that often look like we're getting a marginal guy but somehow/someway guys really elevate their game when they get here. Granted with Ehrhoff and Myers on the pine he's getting more ice time but his production has been remarkable. So what say you to my title?

Skooby
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Couldn't get much more fizz from Seltzer.

Philagape
04-03-2012, 09:28 PM
For every Sulzer, there are 2 or 3 Torres or Boyes or Berniers

Buffalogic
04-03-2012, 09:50 PM
For every Sulzer, there are 2 or 3 Torres or Boyes or BerniersNow that's what I was thinking.

G Wolly
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Because he scored a goal by staying in the play and whacking at the puck until the whistle blew?

Let's chill.

Crisis
04-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I like him better when Hoff is healthy.

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Because he scored a goal by staying in the play and whacking at the puck until the whistle blew?

Let's chill.
He had 2 goals and a beautiful assist. Did u miss those?

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2012, 10:14 PM
He's certainly making the most of his opportunities and is a HUGE upgrade over Gragnani. Next year's defense could be very good. I think they should look to trade Sekera. Myers, Ehrhoff, Regehr, McNabb, Leopold and Sulzer with Weber as the 7th.

Skooby
04-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Our defense is full of heros & villians at the same time.

G Wolly
04-03-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm not saying he's terrible or doesn't work hard. All I'm saying is let's chill with the talk of him being more than just average.

The Jokeman
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm not saying he's terrible or doesn't work hard. All I'm saying is let's chill with the talk of him being more than just average.
Yet average is a great thing considering I think most of us thought when we got him he'd be a 7th Dman or Rochester fodder but now with way he's been playing he looks like a solid 5th guy.

SkateZilla
04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I know we all like to rag on Regier but man does he make trades that often look like we're getting a marginal guy but somehow/someway guys really elevate their game when they get here. Granted with Ehrhoff and Myers on the pine he's getting more ice time but his production has been remarkable. So what say you to my title?

Sulzer was good for us from the start, he was scratched in Vancouver, scratched when he got here, but when sekera played like ****/Myers being suspended he took his spot from Sekera (or was it Weber) and never looked back.

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh ok I am with u there. He is better than I thought though.

I would NOT trade sekera:thurm2: :thurm2: :thurm2:

Michael82
04-04-2012, 12:28 AM
He's a million times better than the guy we gave up, Gragnani, who was terrible when he was here!

snow1989
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Sulzer has been a nice surprise...fairly steady and doesn't seem prone to turnovers. Sekera should watch him, but I think Sekera is expendable at this point, McNabb should be ready to move up next year.

Crisis
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Where is this Sekera has been expendable stuff coming from??

He's had a few bad stretches, but no more than anyone else on this team. Case can be made that he's been our best defense man all year.

Sulzer had probably his worst defensive game tonight as a Sabre, to be honest.

SabreEleven
04-04-2012, 05:37 AM

He had to make up for the 3 or 4 goals against where he sucked.

clumping platelets
04-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Sulzer >>>>>>>>>>>> Grags

Sekera sucks massive moose.........get rid of him in the offseason

Skooby
04-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Sulzer >>>>>>>>>>>> Grags

Sekera sucks massive moose.........get rid of him in the offseason

Sekera was a proud -3 for the Leafs first 3 goals last night.

rbochan
04-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Where is this Sekera has been expendable stuff coming from??

He's had a few bad stretches, but no more than anyone else on this team. Case can be made that he's been our best defense man all year.

Sulzer had probably his worst defensive game tonight as a Sabre, to be honest.

QFT.

Mski
04-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I dont get the hate for Sekera this year... hes been getting better every year, and he's been one of our best defensemen all year, did he suck last night? yes, but so did everyone on D.

trapezeus
04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
For every Sulzer, there are 2 or 3 Torres or Boyes or Berniers

yet torres, and D. Moore, and macarthur and paille, etc have gone on to play better elsewhere.

makes me think that maybe reiger is doing just fine with finding talent, it's ruff who doesn't change people effectively.

trapezeus
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
sekera is a great 3 dman. problem is when errhoff and meyers are out, he's asked to be something he isn't. and i think the pressure gets to him.

i think he stays. he's a little streaky, but he's young still. i think the sabres are building a decent defense with depth. don't trade it all out now. fix the offense. get the center we need. make vanek a 40 goal scorer again.

Skooby
04-04-2012, 09:22 AM
sekera is a great 3 dman. problem is when errhoff and meyers are out, he's asked to be something he isn't. and i think the pressure gets to him.

i think he stays. he's a little streaky, but he's young still. i think the sabres are building a decent defense with depth. don't trade it all out now. fix the offense. get the center we need. make vanek a 40 goal scorer again.

Get Vanek on a diet.

SkateZilla
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Sekera was a proud -3 for the Leafs first 3 goals last night.

I dont see why Ruff kept putting Sulzer with Sekera, he plays better with Leopold.

rbochan
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Sulzer now has more points than Kassian and Gragnani combined.

OpIv37
04-04-2012, 12:27 PM
So far it looks like Sultzer is a solid defenseman.

He's not a Mike Green type so the two goal games will be rare, but so are the mistakes and turnovers that seem to plague the low end of our rotation.

He's definitely a top 6 and he can fill in as a top 4 when we have injuries (which is, you know, always).