PDA

View Full Version : WR Justin Blackmon To Visit Bills

DraftBoy
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/04/wr-justin-blackmon-to-visit/

While the Bills are busy entertaining QB Russell Wilson today it appears that another offensive weapon may very well be on his way to Buffalo for a visit. WR Justin Blackmon from Oklahoma State has long been considered the #1 WR in this draft class and will soon be in Buffalo for a visit per Aaron Wilson.

Mski
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
i really hope Floyd's performance at this pro day allows Blackmon to fall to us

Philagape
04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
But but but I thought he already was! It was reported here! :insane:

Skooby
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
But but but I thought he already was! It was reported here! :insane:

This is a formal visit, the other one was not. You don't come to Buffalo for dinner from out of town.

DraftBoy
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
This is a formal visit, the other one was not. You don't come to Buffalo for dinner from out of town.

That is not verified and at this time not accurate. You have yet to show any evidence he was ever in Buffalo when you claimed he was.

psubills62
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm a big fan of Blackmon. The only issue I have is that I'm not sure he complements Stevie Johnson well, as they're both possession receivers. Blackmon is so dominant that I'm not sure I care, though.

Bangarang
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Blackmon loved Buffalo and Tempo restaurant so much he's coming back?!

Philagape
04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Blackmon loved Buffalo and Tempo restaurant so much he's coming back?!

No, his visit was just divided up a week apart. Duh.

Mahdi
04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm a big fan of Blackmon. The only issue I have is that I'm not sure he complements Stevie Johnson well, as they're both possession receivers. Blackmon is so dominant that I'm not sure I care, though.
Blackmon a possession receiver? how?

Just because you don't run a 4.3 doesn't mean your a possession WR. Blackmon gets behind DBs and runs away from them too.

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I honestly don't think I'd call him a "possession" receiver. I think part of what makes him such a special player is that he has the size of a possession receiver, but has the play-making ability of a smaller WR. I think he compares well to Dez Bryant, without the lower body strength and agility that Bryant brings to the table.

more cowbell
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Blackmon is Anquan Bolidn. People sweat him because of Dez Bryant, but he is nowhere near the same player.

With that being said, having an Anquan Boldin is not a bad thing, especially with SJ on the other side. Still would much rather have Michael Floyd.

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Blackmon is Anquan Bolidn. People sweat him because of Dez Bryant, but he is nowhere near the same player.

With that being said, having an Anquan Boldin is not a bad thing, especially with SJ on the other side. Still would much rather have Michael Floyd.
He and Bryant have some pretty similar qualities, though I hope that Blackmon comes with a higher I.Q.

Tatonka
04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
i really hope Floyd's performance at this pro day allows Blackmon to fall to us
thats what im talking about.

more cowbell
04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
He and Bryant have some pretty similar qualities, though I hope that Blackmon comes with a higher I.Q.

Blackmon is a MUCH MUCH more intelligent person both on and off the field. Dez Bryant is a more gifted athlete, especially when it comes to going to to get the ball, Calvin Johnson like.

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Blackmon is a MUCH MUCH more intelligent person both on and off the field. Dez Bryant is a more gifted athlete, especially when it comes to going to to get the ball, Calvin Johnson like.
I don't disagree with either statement. I don't know that I'd go so far as to compare him to Calvin Johnson, but I get where you're going with it. I've always thought very highly of Blackmon, and I think that while he may be a lesser athlete (marginal at best), his ceiling is higher than Bryant's because he can be taught.

Buffalogic
04-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Blackmon is the best case scenario at number 10. The second best case is Floyd. I'd be really upset to see two receivers go in the top 9 and leave us high and dry.

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Blackmon is the best case scenario at number 10. The second best case is Floyd. I'd be really upset to see two receivers go in the top 9 and leave us high and dry.
I'm still not convinced that they'll draft offense in round one. They will be going defense, unless someone like Blackmon happens to fall.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Stephen Hill could still fall to round 2.

gr8slayer
04-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Stephen Hill could still fall to round 2.
The closer we get to the draft, the more it appears that he will go between 26-32.

psubills62
04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Blackmon a possession receiver? how?

Just because you don't run a 4.3 doesn't mean your a possession WR. Blackmon gets behind DBs and runs away from them too.
Being a possession WR doesn't mean he never goes deep. He's certainly got some speed, but 1) he's physical off the line, 2) he does well in traffic, 3) he has great hands and is strong enough to break tackles, 4) does very well working the middle of the field, 5) has great body control and uses his body as a shield. Blackmon, to me, is ideal as a guy who consistently can convert the slant routes, then you send him deep a few times to break things up.

I consider Stevie Johnson a possession WR too, but he had some success on the deep routes too.

Bert102176
04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
since we can't get luck cause the Bills are too Fu***** stupid to suck for luck like the Colts did and yes I think they lost on purpose, Blackmon is the guy I want will settle for Floyd. with either of those WR's and a LT plus a real QB and not a pansy like Fitz this team could make the playoffs and more as long as they stay injury free which this team has a hard time doing not sure if it's the coaching and strength and conditioning coaches fault which I think hey have something to do with it, this team could be very very good and very very dangerous.

Bert102176
04-04-2012, 11:30 PM
This team needs Justin Blackmon, then you trade back into the 1st and get ur OT in Mike Adams

Mahdi
04-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Being a possession WR doesn't mean he never goes deep. He's certainly got some speed, but 1) he's physical off the line, 2) he does well in traffic, 3) he has great hands and is strong enough to break tackles, 4) does very well working the middle of the field, 5) has great body control and uses his body as a shield. Blackmon, to me, is ideal as a guy who consistently can convert the slant routes, then you send him deep a few times to break things up.

I consider Stevie Johnson a possession WR too, but he had some success on the deep routes too.
I get what you're saying, but when you call a guy a possession WR what you're saying essentially is that he thrives mostly over the middle and doesn't make too many big plays.

However, Blackmon has 38 TDs in his last two seasons and makes lots of plays downfield which makes him more of a playmaking WR than a possession WR although as you mentioned he is very good over the middle.

I think he can be like a Michael Irvin type WR.

acehole
04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
This is the reason we got rid of Lee Evans...

He didnt fit the system....Niether does Blackmon.

Bills Would pick Floyd over Blackman however if Blackman is there it will help them trade down which is what they want to begin with.

Blackman could start in the slot and we cound make some changes to the playbook to accomidate his skill set....but it is just too highimho to pick a slot reciever (In our system) ...see roscoe Parish.

They will toy with the idea and if they do it... then they will pick up his qb in third round.....

If they dont get a good enough offer to trade down they may make the pick...and figure out a way to use him...

I am telling you people they like Cordy Glenn alot and he wont last past dallas....possible a pick before.

They have some interesting choices to make.

I get what you're saying, but when you call a guy a possession WR what you're saying essentially is that he thrives mostly over the middle and doesn't make too many big plays.

However, Blackmon has 38 TDs in his last two seasons and makes lots of plays downfield which makes him more of a playmaking WR than a possession WR although as you mentioned he is very good over the middle.

I think he can be like a Michael Irvin type WR.

acehole
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I think he can be like a Michael Irvin type WR.[/QUOTE]

Heard that on sirus also.....we need blockers not coke head sprinters....

acehole
04-05-2012, 08:38 AM
This team needs Justin Blackmon, then you trade back into the 1st and get ur OT in Mike Adams

I thing you go OT first Draft is much deeper on WR's ....

1 Cordy Glenn (Trade Down Dallas)
1A Steven Hill (Trade up) Ravens or (Quick) in second.
3.Brandon Weeden QB

Write it down...

and stay tuned.

B-DON
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I thing you go OT first Draft is much deeper on WR's ....

1 Cordy Glenn (Trade Down Dallas)
1A Steven Hill (Trade up) Ravens or (Quick) in second.
3.Brandon Weeden QB

Write it down...

and stay tuned.
Why would we draft a developmental qb thats as old as our starting qb? Just say no to weeden please

acehole
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Why would we draft a developmental qb thats as old as our starting qb? Just say no to weeden please

He was pretty good for this system....he got the ball to blackman just fine....and we are looking for a back up qb not a replacement.....

Why would they be bringing in 2nd tier qb's if they did not want a dev guy?

DrGraves
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM
dude is a stud. gotta grab him

Mahdi
04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
This is the reason we got rid of Lee Evans...

He didnt fit the system....Niether does Blackmon.

Bills Would pick Floyd over Blackman however if Blackman is there it will help them trade down which is what they want to begin with.

Blackman could start in the slot and we cound make some changes to the playbook to accomidate his skill set....but it is just too highimho to pick a slot reciever (In our system) ...see roscoe Parish.

They will toy with the idea and if they do it... then they will pick up his qb in third round.....

If they dont get a good enough offer to trade down they may make the pick...and figure out a way to use him...

I am telling you people they like Cordy Glenn alot and he wont last past dallas....possible a pick before.

They have some interesting choices to make.
How does Blackmon NOT fit the Bills system...?

Buffalogic
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Lol Blackmon fits every system what kind of comment is that??

acehole
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
How does Blackmon NOT fit the Bills system...?

He is more of a speedster...less of a possesion type...less physical....less of a blocker.

You would not want him going over the middle.

They can use him like welker...in the slot on crossing routes...but he is not ideal WR in this system.

He packs a lot of talent and it will be hard to pass on him but he is NOT ideal.

Floyd is perfect for this system.

acehole
04-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Lol Blackmon fits every system what kind of comment is that??

Like I said they may end up with him....because he is to good to pass up at 10.
They will make plays for him...

But he is NOT ideal for this system.....(See Lee Evans).
Look at denvers system they use thier WR's in the running game alot to block as we do. Send them over the middle like we do.....

Blackmon is good but not over powering....

It is a comment based in good knowlege of football.

He is perfect for Baltimores system...not ours.

acehole
04-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Weeden is a good qb.....Blackmon didnt throw himself the ball to be that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKJ7UX39u8

B-DON
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Weeden is a good qb.....Blackmon didnt throw himself the ball to be that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqKJ7UX39u8
Lol and so was weinke. Just a thought but maybe throwing to the best wr in football helped out weeden and not the other way around. I'm not saying he's not a decent qb but no way would I waste more than a 5th on this guy. I'm not wasting 3rd round picks on backups. That's the reason this team has been so deprived of talent. We draft potential backups when we should be drafting potential starters. Stud wr's can make ok qb's look better than they actually are. See Larry Fitzgerald.

acehole
04-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Lol and so was weinke. Just a thought but maybe throwing to the best wr in football helped out weeden and not the other way around. I'm not saying he's not a decent qb but no way would I waste more than a 5th on this guy. I'm not wasting 3rd round picks on backups. That's the reason this team has been so deprived of talent. We draft potential backups when we should be drafting potential starters. Stud wr's can make ok qb's look better than they actually are. See Larry Fitzgerald.

Good point ...however....mayock has him at 38th overall

A back up that could develop. They know fitz has 3 4 good years left.
They will try to find somebody that can back up sooner then later and somebody who has room for growth...weeden is as good as any of these prospects they have had come in...he is pretty good in short game...and can throw the long ball. If blackman is the pick...they will look a bit harder at weeden later in draft.

acehole
04-06-2012, 12:37 AM

On this note backs up yes back up qb is not a waste in 3rd round IMO.

more cowbell
04-06-2012, 01:44 AM
He is more of a speedster...less of a possesion type...less physical....less of a blocker.

You would not want him going over the middle.

They can use him like welker...in the slot on crossing routes...but he is not ideal WR in this system.

He packs a lot of talent and it will be hard to pass on him but he is NOT ideal.

Floyd is perfect for this system.

Blackmon is not a speed receiver...Kendall Wright is a speed receiver. Blackmon is the same player as Anquan Boldin, hes a possession WR who CAN go over the middle, and occasionally get behind defensive backs. He fits any system as a terrific #2 WR, however is not an elite talent like Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Andre Johnson coming out of college. He is still a very good football player and I would not hate having him on the team at all. I do think Michael Floyd is going to be a better pro player...but then again who the hell am I?

acehole
04-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Blackmon is not a speed receiver...Kendall Wright is a speed receiver. Blackmon is the same player as Anquan Boldin, hes a possession WR who CAN go over the middle, and occasionally get behind defensive backs. He fits any system as a terrific #2 WR, however is not an elite talent like Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Andre Johnson coming out of college. He is still a very good football player and I would not hate having him on the team at all. I do think Michael Floyd is going to be a better pro player...but then again who the hell am I?

Let me be clear...if he was picked I would be happy.

They will utilize his skill set.

Floyd would be better for what we do.