Caps go 0-2, Sabres 2-0

Caps go 0-2, Sabres 1-1

Caps go 1-1, Sabres 2-0

Panthers go 0-2, Sabres 2-0, Clinch

Caps go 0-2, Sabres 2-0, Clinch

Caps go 0-2, Sabres 1-1, Clinch,

Caps go 1-1, Sabres 2-0, Clinch.

caps Magic number is 4 pts.

if caps go 0-2-0, we can go 0-1-1 and clinch.

2slowtogofast
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Who are we rooting for in Caps vs Panthers I would think Panthers right?

Mski
04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
prety much we need to get 1 more point than washington in the next two games... easiest way to do that is to win out

The Natrix
04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
if caps go 0-2-0, we can go 0-1-1 and clinch.

Ah yes, thanks.

trapezeus
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
doesn't matter. sabres need to win their game or tie. if we do that, we don't really care what happens with capitals/panthers. if we lose, we could still get in washington loses their two games.

so focus your energy on good karma for the sabres. the other game doesn't really matter even if there is a three point game, the sabres are still alive.

clumping platelets
04-04-2012, 12:48 PM
It's better for Florida to beat Caps is reg and Sabres beat Philly..........then all we need is 1 pt vs Bruins. If Caps win, then we need to win both games

SkateZilla
04-04-2012, 12:49 PM
gonna suck for FLA if they go from division leaders to not in the playoffs in the last 2 games of the year. lol.

trapezeus
04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
they brought this on themselves though.

much like how the sabres and caps have brought this on themselves. we've all had chances to square things up before these two games.

sabres got into the driver seat and blew it. caps were in driver seat then blew it. florida is currently blowing it.

I haven't seen 3 sub par teams play so uninspired to be put in a tourney with 6 significantly better teams than them.

OpIv37
04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
they brought this on themselves though.

much like how the sabres and caps have brought this on themselves. we've all had chances to square things up before these two games.

sabres got into the driver seat and blew it. caps were in driver seat then blew it. florida is currently blowing it.

I haven't seen 3 sub par teams play so uninspired to be put in a tourney with 6 significantly better teams than them.

The reality is that the Sabres, Caps and Panthers don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but 2 of the 3 will be.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2012, 01:22 PM
The reality is that the Sabres, Caps and Panthers don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but 2 of the 3 will be.
No, 2 of 3 do deserve to be in the playoffs.

At least according to NHL rules. Which is what they follow.

OpIv37
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
No, 2 of 3 do deserve to be in the playoffs.

At least according to NHL rules. Which is what they follow.

I'm not talking about the NHL rules.

I'm talking about the amount of talent and heart they've shown compared to the other 6 teams that will be making the playoffs from the EC. It's not close. And I don't see this as a #8 Habs over #1 Caps year. Sabres, Caps, Panthers- 2 of the 3 will make it and 2 of the 3 will be out in the first round, 6 games tops.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not talking about the NHL rules.

I'm talking about the amount of talent and heart they've shown compared to the other 6 teams that will be making the playoffs from the EC. It's not close. And I don't see this as a #8 Habs over #1 Caps year. Sabres, Caps, Panthers- 2 of the 3 will make it and 2 of the 3 will be out in the first round, 6 games tops.
Compared to Ottawa? Really?

And if talk about 'heart', however somebody defines it, the Sabres sure as hell have battled back from being absolute **** in Nov- Jan and are the second best team in the NHL since the All Star break

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
HERE YOU GO:

http://talkingbuffalo.com/2012/04/04/heres-how-sabres-make-playoffs-now/

trapezeus
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
old golisano teams would have gotten praise for battling back and showing poise. the pegula team was built to hit the ground running and work through some adversituy and not put up 12 losses in a row on the road.

the talent on paper on this team should be at least a 6th seed comfortably. being in 14th to 8-9 is just desperation because times running out.

i root for the crest, but i really am embarassed by some of these players.

OpIv37
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Compared to Ottawa? Really?

And if talk about 'heart', however somebody defines it, the Sabres sure as hell have battled back from being absolute **** in Nov- Jan and are the second best team in the NHL since the All Star break

How do you explain the utter lack of heart they showed when completely underachieving through Nov-Jan? They lost 12 in a row at one point. TWELVE.

PTI
04-04-2012, 03:54 PM
gonna suck for FLA if they go from division leaders to not in the playoffs in the last 2 games of the year. lol.

And fall victim to the Regulation and OT wins, since they were the reason why that was instituted years back when they tied Montreal for the last playoff spot and did not get in based on total wins.

SkateZilla
04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
FLA has like 17 OTLs, lol.

SabreEleven
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
doesn't matter. sabres need to win their game or tie. if we do that, we don't really care what happens with capitals/panthers. if we lose, we could still get in washington loses their two games.

so focus your energy on good karma for the sabres. the other game doesn't really matter even if there is a three point game, the sabres are still alive.

negative, we need to beat Washington by 1 pt. If we tie them in points, they have all the tie breakers. it does matter what Washington and Panthers do.

bosshogg21
04-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Worst case scenario for tomorrow would be for wash and fla to go into ot and wash get the 2 pts...knock on wood.

jamze132
04-05-2012, 04:33 AM
I hate having to rely on other teams sucking for us to get it in.

And we do have two very tough games coming up that we HAVE to WIN in order to have a chance.

trapezeus
04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
but that's my point. we have to rely on washington losing one of the next two games. regardless if we win out and washington wins out, we don't get in.

so tonight if the sabres lose and washington loses, that's fine. then we have to win boston, and they have to lose in NYC. They can even win tonight so long as we get one point out of tonight.

Skooby
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
but that's my point. we have to rely on washington losing one of the next two games. regardless if we win out and washington wins out, we don't get in.

so tonight if the sabres lose and washington loses, that's fine. then we have to win boston, and they have to lose in NYC. They can even win tonight so long as we get one point out of tonight.

Tonight it all comes down to the Sabres winning & no 3 point game with Panthers / Caps. I can totally see a OT game with FL losing, it's been their MO this season.

SabreEleven
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM
The Washington-Flordia game is guarenteed to go in OT...Both teams benefit from a 3 point game....the one point for an OT loss is killing the NHL game.

SkateZilla
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Ottawa and Vancouver are the only canadian teams to make the post season

Skooby
04-05-2012, 07:01 PM
If Washington wins tonight & we win, we have 2 chances at making the post-season via winning again Saturday. Boston isn't going to go full steam locked into 2nd place.